Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#6426 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:36 PM
I would like to see a mod that allows children to have Winter & Fall school breaks (with custom amount of days), along with Summer Vacation & Spring Break. I know that there are mods for summer/spring breaks, but I want my children to have a break from school in every season. Like I did, when I was in school.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6427 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I would like to see a mod that allows children to have Winter & Fall school breaks (with custom amount of days), along with Summer Vacation & Spring Break. I know that there are mods for summer/spring breaks, but I want my children to have a break from school in every season. Like I did, when I was in school.

If you ask the creator of the Summer vacation mod then they could probably tell you how to do it for other season breaks as well.
just a girl
#6428 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:54 PM

I did winter version of this one (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=269607) for Laura once. The file is still on my simfileshare. Do you want it?
Forum Resident
#6429 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 6:06 PM
A mod where my sim can mop or sweep floors for cleaning skill points.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
#6430 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:12 PM
When having my sim clean everything in sight for skill points, one thing that bugs me is that the wooden furniture never needs polishing. Wonder if a global mod could be made to give all tables a dirty state over time that requires polishing? Obviously a dirty state wouldn't show on each object, but could maybe allow a "polish table" to eventually pop up in the pie menu?
Forum Resident
#6431 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85

SimWardrobe had a mod that allowed employees to sweep or mop when they were not doing their maintenance duties. I wonder if a skilled modder could use that animation and create a new skill making action?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Instructor
#6432 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I did winter version of this one (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=269607) for Laura once. The file is still on my simfileshare. Do you want it?

Sure, I'll take it. Thanks.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#6433 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 11:01 PM
I've got a pretty cool dirtbike download, as well as vampcat's Ducati motorcycle, which are both pretty cool... (some of very first object recolors i ever did were vampcat's bike!) but i've always kinda wanted my sims to wear a helmet... SAFETY FIRST!! ...Not something that would be a hairstyle, but more like the noodle soother or the thinking cap, that they could put on and take off. Thing is, i think if you try to get into (or on, as it were) a vehicle, it makes you remove them. Further, i wouldn't want my sim to ride downtown and have to wear the helmet the whole time they were downtown. "Remove to Inventory" would be preferable.

Now, obviously, i wouldn't want 'em wearing the noodle soother to drive their motorcycle or dirtbike. That'd kill the bike's coolness factor. All the ++cool you'd get would be -- from those helmets. A few nice dirtbike helmet options, and a couple motorcycle helmets would be awesome.

-gE
>=)
Forum Resident
#6434 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:55 AM
Has anyone ever extracted the created objects from the career rewards? Like the medication and boxes of chocolate? I wish they would appear in the sims inventory to sell instead of just disappearing.
Theorist
#6435 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:32 AM
Edible Chocolates by Kate at Parsimonious. Prob not the same as the ones from the objects though if you were wanting those specifically.

Edit: Looked and found them so changed post.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6436 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:34 AM
Parsimonious has boxes of chocolates, and I know there used to be one here, I don't know if there still is.
Mad Poster
#6437 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:59 AM
Exnem also has chocolate boxes. They're on the Booty.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6438 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:50 AM

How long would it last? Like doing a crosswords on newspapper?
Mad Poster
#6439 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:07 AM
Something that keeps Sims from walking their cats past the current household. Dogs make sense, but taking a cat for a walk? Good luck with that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6440 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Something that keeps Sims from walking their cats past the current household. Dogs make sense, but taking a cat for a walk? Good luck with that.

I have seen that in real life.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#6441 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I have seen that in real life.

Me, too. I've been to a couple campgrounds where people are walking their cat on a leash.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#6442 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:48 AM
Of course the walkbys are never on leashes. I've known cats who, if they had a human who took a walk as part of their routine, would walk part way with them. One of the cats we had growing up would walk my mom a couple of blocks in the evening, then chill and wait for her (presumably at the border of his territory) till she came back and walk her home.

And after all, sim cats are different from real cats, just as sims are different from humans. Sim cats never lie on books or newspapers, for example; partly because sim humans always sit up straight holding their books in front of them, instead of having them open on the table, pillow, or whatever while they lounge.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#6443 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How long would it last? Like doing a crosswords on newspapper?
It wouldn't need to be long. It doesn't take long when they're mopping up actual water or wiping down a counter.

I really need to learn more about modding.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#6444 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
It wouldn't need to be long. It doesn't take long when they're mopping up actual water or wiping down a counter.

I really need to learn more about modding.

It could last longer if it was a self-interaction. Sims *do* pull mops from their backsides.
They could pull out a broom and just go to random lot locations to sweep. Similiar to a "tidy up" interaction with a duster where you go to deco items on the lot randomly to dust them.
Neat Sims would obviously want to stay at it longer - probably would be fun for them.

I wish I knew more about modding too, AliaD. There are so many things I want to make/do that are out of reach.
Alchemist
#6445 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:22 PM
I wish cars could break down. Sims could either hire a mechanic or fix it themselves.
just a girl
#6446 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:06 PM

@monijt1, I realized that poifectly_poiple's mod does not exactly do what you wanted. This mod isn't that flexible, it just bans the whole season. I don't know where my head was when I read your post last time... Looks like it'd been away from my eyes for a moment.
Forum Resident
#6447 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:14 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:56 PM. Reason: giving proper credit where credit was due...
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I wish cars could break down. Sims could either hire a mechanic or fix it themselves.

I had been thinking about this, ever since i read what @Simonut posted, about getting gas for your sims' cars ( http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...202#post5186202 ), and started to flush it out a bit, on what i'd do if I had the skillset necessary to do it:

Filling up the car would be like the refrigerator. A pop-up would show how much fuel your car's gas tank would have. You'd use the up and down arrows to increase the amount of gas to put into your car. At that point, your sim would get in the car and drive off to the gas station, in much the same way your sim drives off the lot, to get an alarm installed.

Here's where things went off-script!

If you ignore it, there has to be a negative consequence. Perhaps your sim doesn't have enough fuel to get home from work. Your sim winds up walking back onto the lot after work, with lower hygiene, comfort, and energy, having left the car wherever they ran out of gas. Shortly thereafter (perhaps 1-2 sim hours), a tow truck would bring the vehicle home with a full tank of gas and a towing bill.

Then, i was thinking... if it breaks down on the way to work, your sim should walk home with the hits to comfort, energy and hygiene, PLUS get the gasoline bill, PLUS the towing bill, AND an angry boss calling to say, "you missed work!" and whatever the appropriate ramifications for missing work for that sim... fired, demoted, warned, use up a vacation day, &etc.

That lead me to thinking about a regular break-down or an accident. Your sim could just have the car break down (though, on a MUCH less frequent scale than the damned OFB bots!!), causing you to miss work and have to walk home, taking the same energy, hygiene and comfort hits. You'd have a bill significantly larger than the towing bill, as a repair bill instead. Or your vehicle could be totaled in which case, you'd have to get a new one. Maybe those with FT and the necessary mechanical skills and tinkering enthusiasm could do the repairs themselves? ...and if somebody wanted to be REAL enterprising, they could have the mailman bring an insurance check a day or two later.

Thoughts?

-gE
>=)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6448 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:17 PM
Nice idea!

I personally want a "teach teen to drive" option. Why do they on the day they go from 8 to 13, suddenly get the ability to drive? did we not have to teach them walking, talking, potty training, help them with homework, etc.? shouldn't they have to be at least 3 days after they have become a teen before they get the option to learn to drive? and shouldn't they be taught? or at the very least, have to sign up for a driver's course on the computer and go to it?
Forum Resident
#6449 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Nice idea!

I personally want a "teach teen to drive" option. Why do they on the day they go from 8 to 13, suddenly get the ability to drive? did we not have to teach them walking, talking, potty training, help them with homework, etc.? shouldn't they have to be at least 3 days after they have become a teen before they get the option to learn to drive? and shouldn't they be taught? or at the very least, have to sign up for a driver's course on the computer and go to it?

I noticed recently, that I always make my teen sims wait before driving... and i really never thought about why. Most of them don't drive down to the community lots, for at least a couple days after their birthday. Just didn't feel right. I guess i just naturally (and subconsciously) didn't think they were quite 'old enough' yet. Odd what we do, without giving any forethought or afterthought to it, isn't it?

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6450 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:26 PM
@grinevilly - I actually really, really, really like those ideas. I hope someone will be able to figure it out!

Page 258 of 582