Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6901 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:22 PM
It is probably a "social jig" what you called routing modifier. It is an object that is shaped like a rug but is invisible. You can delete these with MasterController's "Object Stats" (click on the ground or the lot's walls to bring up the MC menu). It will probably be listed quite at the top as "SocialJigTwoPersons".
Advertisement
Instructor
#6902 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 6:33 PM
Wow! That did the trick! Thank you so much. I'm increasingly amazed at how flexible TS3 can be. I feel like a kid again learning about all these features this game has.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#6903 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 5:09 AM
Is there a way to age triplets with the same BD cake? This is so annoying...I only have ONE counter...lol
Why can't they all age at once.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6904 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Is there a way to age triplets with the same BD cake? This is so annoying...I only have ONE counter...lol
Why can't they all age at once.

No. Multiple birthdays on the same day, they don't have to be triplets or even sims of the same age (never had a parent and a kid each age up on the same day?), are always a bit of a production to manage and you have to start pretty early to get through them all. You could do the cake on one or two of them up the day before, if you don't mind their ages then diverging. Or you could skip the cake for one or two of them and trigger age transitions with MC instead.
Scholar
#6905 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 11:55 AM
Or you could just wait for them to age up naturally that evening? That's how nearly all of my sims age up.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#6906 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Or you could just wait for them to age up naturally that evening? That's how nearly all of my sims age up.

That depends. I've seen it happen that kids take so long to age up one after another that the last one doesn't really 'count as aged up' until past midnight, which then messes up ages and (in kids/teen cases) when their next school day is.
Scholar
#6907 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:55 PM
I know there are FAQs for this, but they seem to contain conflicting info.

How do I install 1) custom worlds, 2) fixed game worlds?

Example: I have a laggy Moonlight Falls neighborhood (with the usual fixes and nraas). I notice ellacharmed has a fixed version here:

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2...7-supernatural/

Where does the .world file actually go? Installed Worlds, or (install path)\NonPackaged\Worlds?

Or will this even work?

I'm running Steam with base game and several xpacs including Supernatural.

When I tried this with "Bridgeport", I put it in the NonPackaged path and ended up with two Bridgeports in the dropdown list when trying to make a new game, and no way of telling which one is the 'fixed' version.
Mad Poster
#6908 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I know there are FAQs for this, but they seem to contain conflicting info.

How do I install 1) custom worlds, 2) fixed game worlds?

Example: I have a laggy Moonlight Falls neighborhood (with the usual fixes and nraas). I notice ellacharmed has a fixed version here:

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2...7-supernatural/

Where does the .world file actually go? Installed Worlds, or (install path)\NonPackaged\Worlds?

Or will this even work?

I'm running Steam with base game and several xpacs including Supernatural.

When I tried this with "Bridgeport", I put it in the NonPackaged path and ended up with two Bridgeports in the dropdown list when trying to make a new game, and no way of telling which one is the 'fixed' version.

For Ella's fixed worlds, it's (install path)\NonPackaged\Worlds. But we are meant to remove the world that is already there and replace it with the fixed one, not keep both in that location. Might you have neglected to remove the original when adding hers? Note that you will have to start a new game to get the benefits of the fixed world.

The Installed Worlds folder in the Documents game folder is where the files for Launcher installed store and custom worlds end up, not the EP world replacements.
Scholar
#6909 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
For Ella's fixed worlds, it's (install path)\NonPackaged\Worlds. But we are meant to remove the world that is already there and replace it with the fixed one, not keep both in that location. Might you have neglected to remove the original when adding hers? Note that you will have to start a new game to get the benefits of the fixed world.

The Installed Worlds folder in the Documents game folder is where the files for Launcher installed store and custom worlds end up, not the EP world replacements.

Sorry, I should have been explicit about this too: I only have three files in my Worlds folder:

GPE8_Future.world
Sunset Valley.world
SWE7UniversityTest.world

So there was no existing Bridgeport for me to delete (or the other fixed worlds I'm interested in).
Mad Poster
#6910 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Sorry, I should have been explicit about this too: I only have three files in my Worlds folder:

GPE8_Future.world
Sunset Valley.world
SWE7UniversityTest.world

So there was no existing Bridgeport for me to delete (or the other fixed worlds I'm interested in).

World replacements are meant to go in the EP install path's NonPackaged Worlds folder, not that of the base game. The only one that belongs in base game is Sunset Valley (or maybe Adventure World if you have Patch 1.69, but that was generally regarded as unintended by EA and nothing to worry about if you don't have it).

So Bridgeport would be under LateNite's EP directory, or it might be called EP3 on your install, same thing. A replacement future world would be under the ITF install directory, or EP11 in that case and Uni should be under the Uni EP install or EP9.

Edit: Huh, I just looked and I have those Future and UniversityTest files under my base game directory as well. Never noticed them before. I would leave those alone if they for some reason want to be there, but other than SV it's the EP installs that pull the .world files into use when called upon.
Scholar
#6911 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
World replacements are meant to go in the EP install path's NonPackaged Worlds folder, not that of the base game. The only one that belongs in base game is Sunset Valley (or maybe Adventure World if you have Patch 1.69, but that was generally regarded as unintended by EA and nothing to worry about if you don't have it).

So Bridgeport would be under LateNite's EP directory, or it might be called EP3 on your install, same thing. A replacement future world would be under the ITF install directory, or EP11 in that case and Uni should be under the Uni EP install or EP9.

Aha! This is the info I was missing. Thanks!

(Longtime ... longlongtime ... Sims2 player, I only tinker with Sims 3 infrequently and then usually forget everything I know by the next play session.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6912 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz

I want a refrigerator full of cake. I've never seen Sim birthday cakes spoil. Cake always seems to be safe to eat. Is that a glitch in my game?
Mad Poster
#6913 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I want a refrigerator full of cake. I've never seen Sim birthday cakes spoil. Cake always seems to be safe to eat. Is that a glitch in my game?

Same here. Must be all that sugar.

Top Secret Researcher
#6914 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:25 PM
A question about the LLAMAs - is there some way to prevent frequent nausea/terror etc.? Does being brave help?

Otherwise I'm getting rid of some of them.
Scholar
#6915 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:50 PM
I think having Simmunity (from Seasons) or Strong Stomach (from IP) makes it so that Sims don't get sick from anything anymore - bad food; pregnancy; Tiberium in the inventory; probably LLAMAs, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#6916 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:42 PM
Alright, my sim has simmunity, so we'll see if it makes her nauseous again. (I don't have IP.)
Lab Assistant
#6917 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 1:29 AM
I use this mod for the Llamas. It stops the Tragic Clown effect and I'm pretty sure it stops the nausea. I use it all the time and my sims never get nauseous. I put Llamas everywhere especially in the WA worlds as they are so big!

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=501781
#6918 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:59 AM
I have these weird Build Mode plants that are "viewable" like decorative objects. Am I right in assuming that whether an object is viewable or not is not something that is set in the objects' properties (OBJD) but is determined by scripts?
Theorist
#6919 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:18 PM
Yeah that's right

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
#6920 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 1:41 AM
Are the tree of prosperity and/or fountain of youth already placed in worlds likes lunar lakes and hidden springs, or do I have to place them down myself?
Top Secret Researcher
#6921 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:22 AM
The Fountain of Youth is found in a far off tucked away location on a lot in Hidden Springs.

The Tree of Prosperity is located on several lots in Lunar Lakes.

On a related note, is the tree of prosperity still broken? I know that first NRaas and then EA issued fixes, but it was oh so mightily borked that I have been afraid to use it.
Can anyone confirm that it is indeed fixed?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#6922 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:43 AM
Erm, I don't think think that either of them is pre-placed in the worlds they came with. I had to place them myself when I played these worlds for the first time.

As to whether the tree is fixed, there are mixed reports. Some say it's fixed, some say there are still issues, so I did it like you and simply left the tree untouched. When I installed Lunar Lakes I uninstalled the tree from it immediately after.
Mad Poster
#6923 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:44 AM
Is there a way to have sims paint pictures they took?
I noticed that paintings are safe, while pictures taken with a camera will get erased by using Kuree's save cleaner...So if sims can paint pictures, that'd be quite nice.

#6924 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:52 AM
Once you reach a certain level in painting there are options to paint portraits and still life (basically take a picture and then paint that); then there's also the "Paint From Memory" which is a picture you took with your cell phone.

However, if you can get the Save Cleaner version 1.1 then that's also an option, because that one doesn't delete photos.
#6925 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
What's the catch with the "Lonely Gargoyle" sculpture that is hidden in the WA game files? I know that Buzzler's restriction choker unlocks it but I tried to unlock it myself and failed when I edited the OBJD resource. The OBJD in fact already states that it should appear in the catalog by default but it doesn't.
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Yep. in my recatorization mod, this has been a constant problem. I have unlocked it previously, and it showed up. but when I checked the latest update it has de-unlocked (!!) itself again. I'm trying to fix this as we speak. And yet, in my personal merged cc set that I'm currently playing in game, it shows up, using the same file to modify it.
Don, maybe it works if you put the file in your overrides folder?
Success! I was able to unlock the critter by disabling ALL categories EXCEPT for "Debug" and "Misc. Debug". Don't ask me why but it worked - at least this time.

ETA: Or disable all debug categories and categorise it like a regular sculpture. Worked, too. The error seems to be that originally it was flagged for both the regular and the debug catalogue and the game doesn't seem to like that.
Page 277 of 385