Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night - posted on 15th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Replies: 3391 (Who?), Viewed: 112386 times.
Page 136 of 136
Theorist
#3376 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 2:12 PM
G20 is over, luckily
It's fun to see videos of the police bumping 'protestants' forward with their cars when they stand in front of it. But appearently the Politicians didn't learn shit because the G20 meetings will be continued in large cities and/or urban areas. *Slow clap*

Fuck you, I am nice.
#3377 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:19 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 14th Jul 2017 at 2:40 PM.
I MAY have mentioned at some point in the past how much I hate Microsoft especially the abomination known as windows 10. The difficulty I had making my beloved sims 2 play on this abortion of a system has been well documented in the help section of this site.

A few months ago I was notified on an important upgrade, something that couldn't be handled in the interminable updates the system installs almost EVERY DANG DAY that causes a minute or two of booting to take upwards of an hour.

I did the only sensible thing possible; I ignored it, placing the little update icon on my desktop.

the last week or so I've been getting these update alerts from the subversives at Microsoft telling me my system needs upgrading before it can install security updates.

Does anyone know what these vital updates are? I'm not calling the idiots there and dealing with them if I can help it.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Top Secret Researcher
#3378 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 3:13 PM
Stupid people can't do simple math. Who spends billions of dollars to save a few hundred, if that?

These people should be forced to walk around in public with dunce hats on.

There's no rest for the wicked
Mad Poster
#3379 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Does anyone know what these vital updates are? I'm not calling the idiots there and dealing with them if I can help it.
You'd have to look at them one at a time and then google them to see what they do, but generally speaking, updating your computer is a good idea. Computers are under constant attack by hackers who are simply mean, evil, jerks. Microsoft updates plug up holes in the programming as they find them, protecting you against hacker attacks.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#3380 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 12:41 AM
At a certain point, in addition to all the "normal" reasons why it sucks to be sick, it starts just being boring too...

Like, if you're not going to get better that soon, you'd almost want to swap out a few symptoms for a few other equally unpleasant ones, just for a little variety..

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
16th Jul 2017 at 1:26 AM
This message has been deleted by velvetina. Reason: Funny? Seriously?
Alchemist
#3381 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
You'd have to look at them one at a time and then google them to see what they do, but generally speaking, updating your computer is a good idea. Computers are under constant attack by hackers who are simply mean, evil, jerks. Microsoft updates plug up holes in the programming as they find them, protecting you against hacker attacks.

It appears to be moot. The update I parked on my desktop won't install. I get an error code which says my hardware won't support windows 10. I find that interesting in that I'm running windows 10, and then I get a conflicting message congratulating me because my system is compatible with windows 10.

If that sentence didn't make sense, you read it correctly. That was my whole day. I read more deeply into the website and the error message was one intended to for people who were trying to load the windows 10 update infestation micro$oft was trying to give people a couple of years ago to get them to upgrade from windows 7 or 8.

So, I don't know. I could call, but my last phone call to micro$oft went extremely badly.

Mad Poster
#3382 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Smorbie. I hate dealing with tech issues. They don't have a chat option? Sometimes, those go better. How do you "park" an update on your desktop? On mine, I simply ignore the reminder that there are updates available.

Theorist
#3383 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 7:37 PM
I hate that I use a phrase to get my mother to stop harassing me about money "Do you really want to know the overdraft?" and my mother said "The only reason I push you is because I love you and I think you limit yourself."

I am getting too old to fight with my parents. It's like, "For fuck's sake, Abraham, I'm turning 30 in October!"

I still am terrified of my mother.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Alchemist
#3384 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I'm sorry to hear that, Smorbie. I hate dealing with tech issues. They don't have a chat option? Sometimes, those go better. How do you "park" an update on your desktop? On mine, I simply ignore the reminder that there are updates available.

no, didn't see a chat option. But there was a virtual assistant who was every bit as help as cortana (in other words, less helpful than if I had asked my cat for help). The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether that upgrade wasn't just some random remnant of the original upgrade infestation that was sent out to trick people into installing windows 10 to begin with. I don't know how it would have gotten to me or anything, but I just threw the shortcut away.

Does anyone know whether there has been an upgrade to windows 10 that required user installation?

I'm trying to remember how I got it and parked it there, and I just can't recall. Sorry, chemo took a lot of my memory

Mad Poster
#3385 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 2:17 AM
I'm not clear about the user installation of updates. I have mine set up to require my approval and it requires little more than checking off a box and letting them run when I choose. I guess if it comes up again, you can always google what it says to see if it's legit.

Mad Poster
#3386 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:03 PM
My vent: Why does getting ready for a trip have to involve intense moments of panic and inability to find things that are exactly where they are supposed to be?

Theorist
#3387 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 12:19 AM
I am still angry. I won't name names, but the fact I have a disability doesn't allow you to discount it. Saying "I know you have a disability, but..." Is about as egregious as it gets in ableism. I already see therapists for my behavior and I rely partially on my parents because my government doesn't pay liveable income to the disabled, particularly those unable to work. I have been fired from numerous jobs because if something got lost, broken or a complaint was filed, I was usually first to go. People don't develop at the same rate as your ideals say so. I probably will live to 150 and wouldn't look a day over 75.

Besides, I have gone through constant harassment since my sister attempted to murder me all those years ago. Teachers, faculty, students, complete strangers, employees, I dealt with their micro aggressions and horrible behavior.

I am tired of being a sandbag. This sandbag will punch back and be human again!

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Field Researcher
#3388 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:05 PM
"Everyone is too busy to listen or even bother to ask about you" is just not the right answer, especially if you've always been there for them through these many years.I know I went a LOT but this is just not fair when you already know what I'm going through.
Theorist
#3389 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
I am still angry. I won't name names, but the fact I have a disability doesn't allow you to discount it. Saying "I know you have a disability, but..." Is about as egregious as it gets in ableism. I already see therapists for my behavior and I rely partially on my parents because my government doesn't pay liveable income to the disabled, particularly those unable to work. I have been fired from numerous jobs because if something got lost, broken or a complaint was filed, I was usually first to go. People don't develop at the same rate as your ideals say so. I probably will live to 150 and wouldn't look a day over 75.

Besides, I have gone through constant harassment since my sister attempted to murder me all those years ago. Teachers, faculty, students, complete strangers, employees, I dealt with their micro aggressions and horrible behavior.

I am tired of being a sandbag. This sandbag will punch back and be human again!

I've been debating with myself for the past hour or so whether I should reply to this at all, but heyho here we go. Apologies in advance for the irritated tone.

By no means was I discounting your disability. For as long as we've known each other, any time I've told you about my problems or really anything about myself, you have straight away changed the subject onto something you wanted to talk about. All I did was state to you my problem, because as you can imagine it is very hurtful to share your problems with someone only to have that person change the subject to something completely unrelated. Even when telling you that I felt you weren't listening to me, you started talking about writing parodies. I told you that I was aware that it was part of aspergers and that because of that, I knew you didn't mean anything harmful by it. I know other people who have had this problem with you before and have flat out stopped talking to you over it, but I thought explaining to you why I was upset would've been the best cause of action. Apparently not.

I'm not sure if the "People don't develop at the same rate as your ideals say so." bit was a jab at me for finding it immature to run into a wall on purpose at the age of 18, but either way I stick to that point.

I don't see any reason why you had to state this on a public forum you know I use, but I also don't see any point in arguing on it either. If you want to talk it out, you know my Skype. This isn't the first time you've brought your problems with me to the forum, but I'd appreciate it if it was the last.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#3390 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
I probably will live to 150 and wouldn't look a day over 75.

I believe in miracles
You sexy thing, sexy thing you

View my (WIP) Pinterest boards to find TS2 CC that fits Mediterranean, Middle East, and North African 'hoods of all Eras:
Cars | Historical | Misc | Build | Buy

Words are very unnecessary. They can only do harm.
Test Subject
#3391 Old Yesterday at 5:08 AM
I don't think I can ever respect someone who blames a person for committing suicide. It's even harder when the 'someone' in question is my own mother.

I can understand a person's motives (I'm not in any way justifying it) behind the act because I have been there—and I am still dealing with my own mental health issues, perhaps not as terrible now as they have been in the past, but it's a daily struggle. Just because you don't see it or have never personally experienced feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness does not mean that it does not exist. Everyone does not have the same amount of strength, and different issues affect others differently. Depression is just as serious an illness as HIV/AIDS and cancer, and it should damn well be treated as one.
#3392 Old Today at 12:43 AM
I keep thinking that the world's a cruel place so I want to become a cruel person to protect myself

It's probably not healthy

This account doesn't exist
Page 136 of 136