Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:43 PM Last edited by ShaniaNextDoor : 16th Jul 2017 at 4:59 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Game Resets By Itself
I'm so tired of this happening to me !!! I had a 100 baby challenge save in Deser Valley. I loaded up my game and all my settings were OFF. I really hope that something could help me fix this glitch and prevent it
My game deleted ALL my saves (((
PLEASE HELP THIS GLITCH IS SO ANNOYING
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:44 PM
And my saves aren't there.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:47 PM
What do you mean by "saves" - are your neighbourhoods disappearing?
And which settings were off? Were they ones you had changed last time you played?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:09 PM
Yes all my settings were the same . My saves are gonna meaning the lives that I created in the game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:36 PM
Did anything change on your computer? Did it upgrade to Windows 10, get a new virus protector or did you change any of the settings?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:55 PM
Usually if changes aren't sticking, it's caused by one of two things:
1) Your TS2 user data being read-only. Go to Documents/EA Games, right-click the The Sims 2 folder (or The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if that's what you have) and hit Properties. Look at the "Attributes" section and click "Read-only" until the box is empty, then press apply, and select "This folder, all subfolders and files"
If that doesn't help, it's usually 2) your antivirus is stopping the game from writing its own files. Add Sims2EPx.exe as an exception in your anti-virus settings.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:19 AM Last edited by ShaniaNextDoor : 13th Jul 2017 at 11:49 PM.
I didn't change any settings on my computer --- I'm really confused on why my game often does this.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:19 AM
Have you made sure your user files are not read-only, like I described in my post?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you made sure your user files are not read-only, like I described in my post?

It's not read only :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha

I looked in SimPE and my custom sims are still there. Is there anyway I could recover my sims )?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 2:35 AM
You can extract your sims with SimPE then clone them in body shop-be sure to use the clones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can extract your sims with SimPE then clone them in body shop-be sure to use the clones.

Everything will be changed ?? ((
I think I might just start fresh with my challenge :/
Thanks alottt to everything that helped me with my problem
I think I know what causes this , It's most likely me not quitting TS2 before shutting down my computer , It's a baddd habit that I need to stop doing
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:16 PM
With sims 2 it's best to do a plain save, never save and exit. So save the lot then exit the game/go back to hood. And no it would be from deleting that sim, like we said you shredded the data. Unfortunately EA left tools at our disposal to detonate our hoods, you just have to avoid them. if you want a sim gone you have to kill them and realize even then their file still exists. Another way is to put sims you don't want on some far flung lot and toss a prisoner tag into each inventory so they are effectively in jail and will never be seen again.

~Call me Jo~