Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:50 AM
Does it work with Nightlife expansion?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 7:32 AM
Default thank you
02) You are attempting to open the icon files by double-clicking them

In the case of #01 (for WinXP), you need to open up "My Computer", select "Tools \ Folder Options", select the "View" tab, uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes", click "Apply", then "Apply to All Folders".

I had the same problem . This worked for me. Thanks a lot for the help and the tutorial Psion. I'm glad I didn't have to read this hole form to find the answer to my question.. :moose:
Test Subject
#228 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 11:21 PM
I'm sorry not to be critical of your work but your not clear enough of what should be a semi-easy task. And this document must be outdated because this is really difficult. For instance step 3. "select "File...Extract all" and extract all isn't listed in the file menu on my version of simpe. and I'm unclear on what I need Object functions, object data, or Name reference. Well if you can help me understand your guide great.
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 7:27 PM
This is great, and the support you are giving is incredible!

I'm afraid I need to ask for some. I'm trying to make a simple Sims 2 career, no EP installed currently.

So far I got as far as open the object (couldn't find any box marked "Group Filter"

"1.Filter for GroupID 0x7FC82329 (Athletics Career)
a.Select the box marked “Group Filter”.
b.Type in “0x7FC82329”."

but I found the object the hard way and opened it.
Now I can't find anything to extract it with?

There is nothing to tell me what the T G and I boxes are but I found it by clicking on the G - well G is for Group? and scrolling looong way down.

But where do I go from here? As a relative newbie who has tried and failed to work through many SimPE tutorials, I would be deeply grateful for any help you can give me. (I find it never looks the same in the tut as my onscreen version - I guess because it's updated so often, and I learn visually so it's very hard....)
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#230 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:51 PM
Ohh, this is old... This tutorial is way outdated I'm afraid. If you need a career base, you can download one from here- http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49038. Just pick one, download it and edit it.

SuperFly

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 10:44 PM
Well fine, I can do that, but is there an up to date tutorial for careers anywhere? having waded through all the pages of this and found nothing to suggest anything later has been written?
Field Researcher
#232 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 12:20 AM
the download links don't seem to be working...
Test Subject
#233 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 12:41 PM
Thanks for this nice tutorial. :D

My Tattoo`s now by >>> http://www.pimp-my-sims.com/ <<<
Test Subject
#234 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 1:41 AM
I am creating followiong your tutorial, very useful, thanks.
Doubts:
- Does instance “0x00001056” from Behaviour Constant set to 0 makes a graduate career or is the other way round?
- Is the number of levels fixed? Can I leave black entries till get to value 0x15 where begins the female entries? If I can, then will it arrive for sure at the top of the career when arrived at the last no empty value or will it crash the game?

Hope you can help me
Thanx!!
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#235 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:06 PM
blade, I'm afraid I cannot answer your first question (as I never use that BCON file), but I can answer your second.

If you have the latest version of SimPE, you can use bidou's career editor to remove and add levels. This is better than simply leaving levels blank.

SuperFly

Test Subject
#236 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:58 PM
I'm afraid I don't knoe what's bidou's career editor even if I do have the last version of SimPE.
So then I can remove levels, doing so first value of female's values will not start in the 0X15 as it used to do, doesn't it crash the game? Or the game manages it dinamicaly, I mean, it doesn't look for the value 0x15 but for the one which is the same as the 0X1?

Thanxxx very much
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#237 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 3:14 PM
I would advise the use of bidou's editor. If you have the latest version of SimPE, it can be found under Tools...

Then use these buttons to add and remove levels...

I'm afraid I only work with the latest versions of SimPE because they are much easier than old methods. They are also less buggy, so I'd advise you use them.

SuperFly

Test Subject
#238 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 7:08 PM
That has been very nice of you.
And clever way to do it
lol

thanx u very much (again)
Test Subject
#239 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 10:53 AM
Thx a l0t
Test Subject
#240 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 11:49 AM
I'll be starting right away!!! :smash:

Quote: Originally posted by Psion
Here you will find the Custom Career step-by-step How-To document. It is rather long, but hopefully simple enough for beginners, as it is designed as a true step-by-step guide. The document does not use any career editor plugins or programs, other than SimPE and an optional graphics package.

This was originally developed, then moved from http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=25474, and some useful resources are still located there.

Any feed back will be appreciated (please be gentle )

To give people a better idea of the content of the document, I have changed the format of this post to include only the latest changes, and added the table of contents.

The guide is in both MS Word 2000 (DOC) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) formats. They are the same document. Word format is recommended as it has active hyperlinks for the document's bookmarks, making navigation easier.

I have now released v0.05. A lot of changes in this one.

There are currently 15 main sections to this document:
01) Introduction
A short introduction to this document. Going over the conventions, programs and limitations of this guide.
02) New Career Worksheets
Useful for planning and referencing your career
03) University (EP1) pack compatibility warning!!
Warning to career modders
04) Language translations
Adding extra language support to your career
05) Steps to Create a New Adult Career (Standard non-Graduate)
06) Steps to Create a New Teen / Elder Career
07) Steps to Create a New Graduate Career
08) Creating Custom Icons
A small guide, based on the GIMP, to making custom icons for your career
09) Steps to Upgrade a Pre-EP1 career
10) Testing your career
A quick run through on testing your new career
11) Posting your career for Beta / Release
A small guide on how to go about posting your career for beta testing or final release on MTS2.
12) Useful Tables
Tables that have information on how to find various settings etc
13) Resource Materials
Stuff used as reference for this document (will be removed a bit later)
14) TestingCheats
Raw Information. You are better off using the “Testing your career” topic
15) Changelog
Log of changes made to this document.

Version Changes
Added chance balance reminder
Expanded on filtering instructions (pointed out by Airelda)
Added career worksheet templates
Re-did reward instructions for updated SimPE (pointed out by athenegw)
Changed reward packaging recommendations.
Added “EP1 only” labels to relevant steps.
Expanded on Chance Card text entry.
Expanded on TS2 root location values.
Added posting guidelines (Thanks CynicalChick)
Added further explanations to some values
Corrected value for Chance Card presence indication (pointed out by jmk4422)
Added reward award level instructions
Added translation optional suggestions
Added short explanation of Hexadecimal
Updated TS2 / EP1 compatibility warning
Improved requirements description for unique GUID and GroupID

Added custom icon creation instructions
#241 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 5:04 PM
This has really opend my eyes! Thank You!
Test Subject
#242 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:17 PM
How Do You....?
can some1 PLEASE tell me how to change the wardrobe of a particular career. I have some careers that really need a wardrobe change. Thanks Please reply
Test Subject
#243 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 3:27 PM
i can't download the guide ... help?!?!??
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#244 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 3:31 PM
chratt- I don't understand your question- can you please elaborate a little?

alicia- have a read of this

#245 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:40 PM
Default MeGivesUp
i think i'll leave this to the professionals untill new versions of SimPE stop coming out... Most of the stuff you say to do does not seem to exist on SimPE version whatever i have. Its probably realy simple, but shh.... :insane:
#246 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM
help how do you make a careers or edit
Part-time Hermit
#247 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by khalid
help how do you make a careers or edit

You're in the career making tutorials section right now, have you looked at the tutorials and tried to follow them?
#248 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 10:35 PM
Hey, can anybody tell me how to download the file? When i click open it just pops up again.
Test Subject
#249 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:57 PM
sorry if my english is not good but I am french and not practice this language since 20 years. is this possible to have a translation for making carreer in french .I want to make a carreer ,but I want to be sure of wat to do and no make mistake. thanks to anyone who make a response. I hope my massege is clear for you.
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 3:29 AM
So does this mean that we can not create custom careers with OFB? I just printed this out because I had downloaded the career workshop, but before I start...does it mean that previous careers won't work? And does it mean that I can't create a custom career because it wont work? Thanks
Page 10 of 14