Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Hanging with the Gnomies
#7001 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I gnow that dead gnomes are worth more than live ones....

Is that a threat?

*Gnome Exits*
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7002 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:26 AM
A live gnome is something around §1,000, a dead one §1,500. I'd say the difference is too marginal compared to the risk of possible charges of gnomicide.
Scholar
#7003 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:19 PM
How does one go about making a custom self-employed career based on a skill?
Site Helper
#7004 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:58 PM
I gnow that dead gnomes are worth more than live ones.... sort of like me. Is that they only reason to keep 'em around?

Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome

Is that a threat?

*Gnome Exits*

/me hides all gnomes until Doc Brown is gone.

If you don't enjoy watching what the gnomes are doing while you're playing your game then I suppose keeping them around until they die of old age and then selling the tombstones would be the only reason to keep them. But if you think it's funny when they all decide to watch tv from the back, or one is playing chicken with a lit candle on an end table, or they all pop into the bedroom and sit all around the bed when your sims are getting ready for some woohoo, or one has apparently fallen in love with the kid's imaginary friend doll, (Yes, Daphne, I'm looking at you!) having gnomes around makes the game more fun.

And if your sims need a reason to have a feud with the neighbors, visiting sims have a tendency to kick the poor guys.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7005 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:06 PM
is there a mod that lets you wear more than one outfit or same type of clothing at the same time? Like wearing two shirts at once or wearing two bottoms at once.
Top Secret Researcher
#7006 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
How does one go about making a custom self-employed career based on a skill?

I'd use the NRAAS Careers mod. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers

FAQ and Interactions on the page. You'll need to know how to edit XML files and use S3PE, etc.

Edit: Wait, you're not talking rabbit hole career... Seems there was another mod for that.
Scholar
#7007 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:49 AM
I'd use the NRAAS Careers mod. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers

FAQ and Interactions on the page. You'll need to know how to edit XML files and use S3PE, etc.

Edit: Wait, you're not talking rabbit hole career... Seems there was another mod for that.

Yes, I have the Self-Employed ones installed that make a career out of playing Chess, training other Sims and such, which is cool.
I'd just like to know how to make them myself from base up. I saw the MTS tutorial on making a rabbithole one, but...

I tried looking at S3PE, now that I have it, and see how to edit things... made sense what the tutorial said, but I ended up not seeing the 'Disallow Autonomy', for example.
Might have to look more into that.
Lab Assistant
#7008 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:28 PM
Do inactive sims claim beds? So if you have like 6 sims they all claim a bed for themselves and remember they did that afterwards and only sleep in that one?
Scholar
#7009 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Poisi
What determines the front of a community lot? I know for residentials it's the mailbox position, but for a community one it seems to change randomly as I build it up I thought it might be the door but then again it gets super random when you have doors on 2, 3 or all 4 sides of it?

If the lot is laid down in World Editor, I think it's the way the arrows on the lot are pointing. In CAW, I really don't know. Hopefully, someone else will enlighten us. I find it safest to re-set the front of all lots I build to help avoid the silliness of sims running onto the edge/back of the lot, then turning around and running back to the front. If I have any concern about multiple doors, whenever possible I set one of the doors as the front door, too.
Alchemist
#7010 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:26 PM
Does the amount of CC in the Mods folder have any effect on game performance, if you don't actually use that CC in-game?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#7011 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 5:44 PM
As I understand it, yes. The game loads all the content in Mods at startup.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#7012 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 11:01 PM
The pavillon from Lunar Lakes is NOT season/weather-proof?
#7013 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 1:14 AM
It sort of is. It doesn't protect from the sun but it keeps rain and snow out and you can harvest plants in winter. The plants look frozen but they are not.
Scholar
#7014 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
It sort of is. It doesn't protect from the sun but it keeps rain and snow out and you can harvest plants in winter. The plants look frozen but they are not.

Are you sure? Cause I put it down and snow did get inside the ground and the harvestable trees have lost all their leaves. And I don't think I could click on them. (And Sims are making snowangels and snowmen in there)
And I made a park + swimming pool inside, so it's not the pre-established ones for Lunar Lakes. Just the pavillon itself put over the stuff.
I hope I was just being stupid on how it works, cause otherwise I'd need to install Late Night just so I can make the Envirodome I was planning...
#7015 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 11:49 AM
Not 100% sure, so no, but I have it for a park I placed in Aurora Skies and my Sim doesn't get wet when it rains even though the ponds animate as if it was raining inside. And I don't recall snow inside, trees shedding their leaves yes, but the plants were not tagged as dormant as far as I remember. But I will have to recheck again, I suppose.

But why would you need Late Night then?
Scholar
#7016 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:32 PM
Not 100% sure, so no, but I have it for a park I placed in Aurora Skies and my Sim doesn't get wet when it rains even though the ponds animate as if it was raining inside. And I don't recall snow inside, trees shedding their leaves yes, but the plants were not tagged as dormant as far as I remember. But I will have to recheck again, I suppose.

But why would you need Late Night then?

The world I'm playing in is set to perma-Winter, but I wanted an outside-ish pool and garden - for insect and harvestable plant spawners - and the only other dome-esque building I have is the Landgraab one... which cannot be entered. Late Night has the Butterfly Pavillon, which is walkable, if you make a basement entryway.
Mad Poster
#7017 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
As I understand it, yes. The game loads all the content in Mods at startup.

Oh hell, really? Looks like I'll have to commit a genocide in my Mods folder, then.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
#7018 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:40 PM
The world I'm playing in is set to perma-Winter, but I wanted an outside-ish pool and garden - for insect and harvestable plant spawners - and the only other dome-esque building I have is the Landgraab one... which cannot be entered. Late Night has the Butterfly Pavillon, which is walkable, if you make a basement entryway.
As far as I know the Bridgeport butterfly park uses the base game dome from Sunset Valley.
Scholar
#7019 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:42 PM
As far as I know the Bridgeport butterfly park uses the base game dome from Sunset Valley.

I thought so, too, but from what I read on Simension, the difference is that the butterfly pavillon can be entered, while the base game Landgraab Sciene Dome can't be walked into. And I just double-checked: The Lunar Lakes pavillon is apparently not season-proof at all, since the plants are dormant.
Site Helper
#7020 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:57 PM
There was a custom world that was built before Late Night which used the same principle of tunnels going under the domes for housing. Since it was before Late Night, it can't have been the butterfly pavilion. (especially as I was actually playing in that world without having Late Night. )

Ingeli did say that it took a lot of trial and error to get the entrances working so that sims could get in and out, but they did work.

#7021 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 28th Aug 2017 at 5:03 PM.
I thought so, too, but from what I read on Simension, the difference is that the butterfly pavillon can be entered, while the base game Landgraab Sciene Dome can't be walked into. And I just double-checked: The Lunar Lakes pavillon is apparently not season-proof at all, since the plants are dormant.
Hm, I have game running right now where there are two parks with the LL domes and one with the base game dome. In both cases there is no snow on the ground and the plants are not dormant. The build mode plants look as if covered with snow, as do the roofs and other objects, the ponds are frozen.
My Sims has no snow related options inside the dome but can make snow angels etc. outside it.

Unfortunately, the one with the pool is the BG LN one, so I have to find another game with the BG LN one and a pond to see how the ponds behave.

ETA: As expected, ponds freeze under the BG LN dome too. So both are basically the same, except that the LL one can be walked in.

ETA 2: These test games are almost vanilla. No mods that influence plants or weather. I used the in-game cheats to force winter and set the temperature to constantly freezing (-3°C/24F).

ETA 3: I am now on day 5 in winter with speed 3 and the plants still go through their normal growth cycles.

ETA 4: OK, correction. The dome in Bridgeport is different from the one in Sunset Valley. But the ones in my test games were the LN Butterfly Pavilions anyway. And as far as I can see the difference is only in appearance. BG is grey and has a light on top, LN is green and without the light.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7022 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 4:48 PM
That is so weird... Why are your fine, but mine is subjected to snow and all...
#7023 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 5:11 PM
Is it perhaps open somewhere, meaning not fully covering the ground? I've had two test games in that custom world now and it is how I remembered it from Aurora Skies, too.
Or a mod? Overwatch, for example, has made several changes over time to plant growth and I'm not sure whether my Aurora Skies game is from the time after those changes. There are other mods that affect winter, IIRC.
Another possibility: Did you install the LL content as sims3pack or converted to package?
Top Secret Researcher
#7024 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 5:24 PM
Even if you plant a something indoors (ITF grass carpet or SN planter), it will be dormant the first day if it is freezing outside.
Scholar
#7025 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 7:09 PM
Even if you plant a something indoors (ITF grass carpet or SN planter), it will be dormant the first day if it is freezing outside.

...I haven't used the planters with winter in a while, so I can't remember if I saw that happening before. But I was on day... 3 of the save at that point and had gotten heavy snow the night of the first day, so, maybe that was something? I dunno. I'll try it out again.
Page 281 of 385