Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does anyone have safe links to Talia's templates?
Just as the title asks, I need a safe link to Talia's or meetme2therivers clean neighborhood templates. Ive tried downloading via the links and several times pop ups and bad redirect links try popping up all over the place. Also very I was successful in downloading one it ended up failing right at the end (the last .1 mb lol) so I'm not sure if whether or not those links are still working. Does anyone have any safe alternatives to download from? Any help is appreciated
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 4:48 PM
Just tested it and the download links do work, it's just that they're Mediafire links, so popups and redirects are to be expected. I used Firefox with AdBlock, which kept it to a minimum.

Given how important those downloads are, it would probably be a good idea to upload them somewhere safer in any case, but meetme2theriver's LJ doesn't seem to be active.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:14 PM
Just right click on the big green download button and chose to open in new tab and you bypass the adds.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:36 PM
Which internet browser are you using? Because depending on that, you could take a look at Ublock Origin. One of the best adblockers I've tried, no ad escapes from it! And it's pretty light compared to other adblockers too, so it's worth it a lot.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:59 PM
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 9:49 PM
On Mediafire, I always right-click the download button and choose "save as", and check if the name of the file looks alright before I save it. The "open in new tab" option may if you're unlucky get the site to open some hidden link. I also recommend adblock or similar addons against the ads (they're quite intrusive, and people have had troubles with them on multiple occasions).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:00 AM
Wow thanks guys. I didn't think anyone was going to reply to this thread heheh. And yeah I do have AdBlock but the pop ups are still persistent. I use Mozilla Firefox and I used the AdBlock extension there as well I'm not too sure the specific name but it just says "AdBlock plus" I believe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Just right click on the big green download button and chose to open in new tab and you bypass the adds.

I had no idea you could do that. That's plenty helpful. I just wish Tarlia would've posted someplace much safer. No disrespect towards anyone who uses mediafire links but sometimes those links, especially if they are outdated, attract the most fishiest sites and ads.