Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 376 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:42 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 10th Aug 2018 at 4:04 AM.
Default [SOLVED! But still looking for more] WCIF: Clothing suitable for an Amish family?
I'm finally getting around to that idea of making an Amish family so I can make use of all that nice historic CC that I have. I'm having some trouble finding suitable clothing (and hairstyles) for them, though. All About Style was the first place I thought I'd look (after MTS, of course) but I can't find it.

So does anyone know where I should look? Thanks in advance.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:47 PM
Thank you!

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:06 AM
Sadly, All About Style has joined the list of dearly departed Sims sites. But it's still available on the Wayback Machine. https://web.archive.org/web/2008031.../victorian.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 9:18 AM
Ask @iCad - I believe she has an Amish hood.
Theorist
#6 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:47 PM
iCad, is officially on holiday until the end of the month, and stated that she was going radio silence until returning.

As for hairs, you might find some really nice ones that fit the theme at Hat's blog https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/.

"It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity." ~ Elizabeth Bennet

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." ~ Captain Frederick Wentworth
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 4:03 AM
I think I've downloaded all of Almighty Hat's hairs already. I keep forgetting that I have them, though.

Some good stuff so far. I'll mark this as solved, but if anyone finds anything more please do send them.

Instructor
#8 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:30 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 11th Aug 2018 at 2:56 AM.
I just re-uploaded (so far I have about 99% of the TS2 done) stuff for AAS. There is a folder called Prairie that might work for you to clothe your Amish.

The link is in my signature

Pictures are in my dropbox folder, also in my signature.

You can also explore the sub-folders. The TS2 stuff that is not up is the celebrity folder I am working on getting.

I also am getting the original AAS meshes which you can, if you know how, recolor *EDIT* no prairie meshes, but other vintage/historical are available.

Looking for downloads I promised? Folders are always in the process of being updated and added to.
Sims 2 Folder
Sims 3 Folder
Sims 4 Folder
SFS Sims 2
SFS Sims 3

chicvibe-sims.tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:37 PM
I got a 403 forbidden error, unfortunately. I think you may sent the wrong link.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:03 AM
Cruella did a set at TSR with hats and beards.
Instructor
#11 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
I got a 403 forbidden error, unfortunately. I think you may sent the wrong link.

my signature has all the links. You should be able to peruse.

Looking for downloads I promised? Folders are always in the process of being updated and added to.
Sims 2 Folder
Sims 3 Folder
Sims 4 Folder
SFS Sims 2
SFS Sims 3

chicvibe-sims.tumblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:57 AM
Did anyone ever make an elder version of this one? http://digitalperversion.net/garden...07252#msg707252
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Did anyone ever make an elder version of this one? http://digitalperversion.net/garden...07252#msg707252

Did you try enabling the outfit in SimPE to show up for elders? I think elders and adults share the same height but their body meshes are built differently but of course I may be wrong so don't take what I had just wrote as fact.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidconqueror
Did you try enabling the outfit in SimPE to show up for elders? I think elders and adults share the same height but their body meshes are built differently but of course I may be wrong so don't take what I had just wrote as fact.

Unfortunately it's a top and bottom and the elder waist is different from the adult waist, so it won't work.
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Unfortunately it's a top and bottom and the elder waist is different from the adult waist, so it won't work.

How different is the elder waist to the adult one? I haven't tested the outfit out yet on Sims 2 because i'm too busy with 3 but when I do I would be sure to try the outfit on an elder.