Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Aug 2018 at 3:02 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hair - Broken Custom and Missing Thumbnails for Defaults
'Two possibly related issues.

I don't really have that much custom hair, usually, so lately I decided to download a bunch of default replacements for hats I never use, seemed like a good idea, but... first, is there a way to change the hat thumbnails to show the real hair? I tried deleting the cache files and thumbnail folder but that didn't work.

Second, what the heck happened to all this custom hair and what do I do about it? I don't think it was like that before I downloaded the defaults, but not sure, I haven't been in here in a while and it's been a while since I downloaded them, anyway. This is not a good look for her.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:44 AM
Did you try Shift-right-click on the thumbnails? Though deleting the Thumbnail folder should have forced the thumbnails to regenerate.

For the second one, I don't know about skin files specifically but that texture is used when the original texture has been deleted but the mesh is still in place. You may not have done this - the game, sadly, occasionally wipes files. I'd suggest trying to find the texture files and seeing if they still contain the texture - the other possibility is that the (internal) link to the mesh has gone wonky. It might be worth finding the original download and replacing the files with fresh copies and see if that fixes it (it might not).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:48 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Aug 2018 at 1:39 PM.
Oh, SHIFT click, thank you. I was just right clicking. Will try that.

I can't find the CC files at all, honestly, but I must be missing them somehow.

EDIT: The shift+right+click didn't work, maybe, there just aren't any thumbnails?

I deleted an object I'd forgotten about (a hair dye object?) that I guess interferes and the custom hairs came back, so I guess it's fine now.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
EDIT: The shift+right+click didn't work, maybe there just aren't thumbnails?

It should be CTRL + right click. That's what always works in my game.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:38 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Aug 2018 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It should be CTRL + right click. That's what always works in my game.

Thank you! That's the correct one for me, too. Works like a charm. No more knight's helmets. It's remarkable how great that feels!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:02 PM
Oh yeah sorry - I just keep prodding a key and right-clicking till I find the right one. Mis-remembered there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc