Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 4:50 PM
Unlocking door for dog while locking it for other people - how should I do that?
I'm playing in a household that consists of two adults, one dog and a roommate. The roommate lives in a separate house on the same lot. In order to prevent him to enter the house of my main family I locked the door so that just my two adults can go in. However, I also want the dog to be able to enter, but he can't because he is not on the list of people I can choose who can go through the door. I can lock the door for pets in general, but I'm not able to unlock it for pets while being locked for specific people. Unfortunately the door locking mod that can be found in the downloads section does not work on patch 1.69.

So what do you do in your game in order to let dogs inside the house? (Fortunately there is a kitty door mod for cats, but nothing for dogs..)

At the moment I have the mod where one person can make a key for a door, so I give the key to my dog. But that's no proper solution since I need two doors then..

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 5:44 PM
The Testing version of Go here mod at Nraas has advanced Door locking option, it has some glitches, because it is still beta, but maybe take a look at it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 6:24 PM
I've been using the testing version of Go Here V44d since it was available and have not experienced any issues with it in my game.

For more information, links. other mods required and help using the settings see Locking Doors On This Page.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 10:57 PM
Cool, I didn't know that one could actually download the testing versions of the mods. Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Epica0
Cool, I didn't know that one could actually download the testing versions of the mods. Thanks, I'll give it a try!

You are welcome Epica0. I've never had any of the NRaas mods in testing blow up a game

Also, I forgot to point you to A Special Door For Cats at Simlogical. Absolutely love it. Wish there was one for dogs but have not found one yet
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
You are welcome Epica0. I've never had any of the NRaas mods in testing blow up a game

Also, I forgot to point you to A Special Door For Cats at Simlogical. Absolutely love it. Wish there was one for dogs but have not found one yet

Yeah I already have the kitty door, it's so cool! One like that for dogs really would be amazing!