Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#8451 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I still want a sim to buy another sim a drink at the (fermented) fruit juice bar (annual reminder)
I mean, if they can buy coffee for another sim, why not a drink as well?

Speaking of, I seem to be the only person wanting the espresso bar to be made visitor-autonomous. Cafes are dead unless strictly sim owned.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8452 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:23 PM
Oh, Yes, I would love that @Bubblebeam
just a girl
#8453 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:52 PM
I've seen visitors buy coffee on un-owned community lot. But then, it was a small cozy coffee shop with not much else to do apart from sitting around, chatting about art and having occasional pillow fights.
Forum Resident
#8454 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:24 AM Last edited by grinevilly : 30th Jun 2018 at 1:27 AM. Reason: replaced "zip" with "zoom" cuz the site hyperlinked to zip file instructions. Too smart by half!
Along the lines of the riding lawnmower, I've wanted a snowmobile. I know there are deco snow mobiles. But perhaps one could use whatever it is that makes the RC car zoom all over the yard, and use that for a snowmobile a sim could actually sit on. In the grand scheme, I'd like to create a Bavarian (alpine?) vacation hood, with more winter-based recreational things. Snowball fights, snow angels and snowmen are great... But where's our Vacation Island snowboarder's half-pipe? Skiing and snowmobiling! Ice fishing! ...and, i'd like to see an ice hockey version of the soccer shootout object.

But yeah... point was: snowmobile!

>=)
Mad Poster
#8455 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:51 AM
Speaking of soccer, I wouldn't mind there being a standalone soccer ball to kick around without having to clear out a huge spot to stick the net.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8456 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Along the lines of the riding lawnmower, I've wanted a snowmobile. I know there are deco snow mobiles. But perhaps one could use whatever it is that makes the RC car zoom all over the yard, and use that for a snowmobile a sim could actually sit on. In the grand scheme, I'd like to create a Bavarian (alpine?) vacation hood, with more winter-based recreational things. Snowball fights, snow angels and snowmen are great... But where's our Vacation Island snowboarder's half-pipe? Skiing and snowmobiling! Ice fishing! ...and, i'd like to see an ice hockey version of the soccer shootout object.

But yeah... point was: snowmobile!

>=)

Chris Hatch has done skiing.
Lab Assistant
#8457 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:34 PM
Corner windows... curved corner widows.... ::sigh::
Mad Poster
#8458 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Speaking of soccer, I wouldn't mind there being a standalone soccer ball to kick around without having to clear out a huge spot to stick the net.

Wouldn't mind or would like to?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#8459 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:27 PM
@quycksylver those exist... http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...rved/id/321168/ ...I thought there was a set here on MTS as well, but my history only shows the TSR linked ones.

Perhaps just a way for a sim to "juggle" a soccer ball? I never understood why a sim can't hac...kicky-bag solo.

Thx for the head's up about the skiing mod, as well.

>=)
Lab Assistant
#8460 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
@quycksylver those exist... http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...rved/id/321168/ ...I thought there was a set here on MTS as well, but my history only shows the TSR linked ones.

Oh yay! Thanks! Figures that they would be on the one site I don't go to very often.
Mad Poster
#8461 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:01 AM
Someone made a soccer goal with an invisible net, but I think it still needs the same amount of space unfortunately.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8462 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Someone made a soccer goal with an invisible net, but I think it still needs the same amount of space unfortunately.

You'd have to - when sims perform animations of any size/range, they have to reserve the tiles to do so first. Like when they throw a stick for a dog. If there isn't the space to do it, the action will drop from their queue.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8463 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:34 AM
The space needed for snowball or water balloon fights - that seem to be a lot of tiles as well, or the sim tells you he thinks he needs to clear up his lot (or something in that line).
Alchemist
#8464 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 3:40 PM
Yeah, the smallest area you can have a snowball/water fight in is 5x1. When you initiate that interaction the game puts down an invisible object for the Sims to interact in.
Mad Poster
#8465 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:12 AM
My cat just brought me a dead centipede (eeeeeeek! I'm not squirmy around bugs but having that many legs is just wrong!). I'd love to see a modification of Sun&Moon's natural pet food so if a pet isn't hungry, they might bring the dead animal to a Sim instead.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#8466 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:58 AM
I like to think the great Nopke or Lamare could solve the OFB face glitch once and for all. But as I recall from a simbology thread, the cause of it is still unknown even to this day. Gosh damn that glitch annoys me though.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
#8467 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:24 AM
What OFB face glitch?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8468 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
What OFB face glitch?

Set an employee a uniform and they can lose their eyebrows or even have their whole face structure changed. It's been there since OFB came out and never fixed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#8469 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 4:15 AM
Guess I have never noticed it after years of playing businesses.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#8470 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
My cat just brought me a dead centipede (eeeeeeek! I'm not squirmy around bugs but having that many legs is just wrong!). I'd love to see a modification of Sun&Moon's natural pet food so if a pet isn't hungry, they might bring the dead animal to a Sim instead.

Yeah! They could actually do that in Sims 1.
Forum Resident
#8471 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:18 PM
Wouldn't it be neat to have the ability to sunbathe in a lounge chair?

Sometimes, I wonder what EAxis was thinking (or NOT thinking!) when they made Seasons and BV. Thank goodness for people like @Maybesomethingdunno who invented the surfing mod, which should've been a NO-BRAINER for EAxis to include when they made beaches! ( ...and we NEVER got swimmable ponds!)

Oh, what would the world be, without our fantastic modders!

>=)
Alchemist
#8472 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM
table socials when there is just 1 square between the sims; if following do not already exist::
-kissing over table
-hand holding over or under table
-kind of playing with each other's feet
Forum Resident
#8473 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
table socials when there is just 1 square between the sims; if following do not already exist::
-kissing over table
-hand holding over or under table
-kind of playing with each other's feet

Hand holding already exists, it's the 'Caress Hand' interaction. The rest would be lovely...
Test Subject
#8474 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Set an employee a uniform and they can lose their eyebrows or even have their whole face structure changed. It's been there since OFB came out and never fixed.

Yeah this. A terrible and important glitch that should have been fixed right after release.

I would like to see some easy way to change sky and terrain textures without override anything. Also some kind of family generator, townies generator with custom content on them, I've found one out there but I haven't tested yet, I saw it very complicated.
Theorist
#8475 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybaileys
Yeah this. A terrible and important glitch that should have been fixed right after release.

IIRC the original glitch associated with employee's uniforms was even worse. Straight after the release of OFB, if you had a business on a community lot and gave your employees uniforms, the game would somehow delete the entire lot once you went back home! Don't wanna know what kind of neighbourhood corruption that caused...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 339 of 580