Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 39
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monksims
Wow! Very useful helping app! Thanks!

But I get exception every time when I delete or disable one or more packages.
Also, would it be possible to flag duplicates and conflicts OK so the checker would report them as ready/okay/"checked OK"?

Do you have a window with exception code? If yes, send me the code in the mail.
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:05 AM
Can You Make An Mac Version? Please MAC Users Exists TOOO!
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:15 AM
It's showing a lot of files which I know work in the sims 4 as sims 3 files, and there's no way of multiple selecting "this is a sims 4 file". Would make things easier if that was a multi select option
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ranrancurry
Can You Make An Mac Version? Please MAC Users Exists TOOO!

I already answered. I'm not familiar with the MAC OS. I'll try to find someone who knows the Mac OS X and could make port. I will not promise anything.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 12:24 PM
Thank you for this. I really needed it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 12:51 PM
Doesn't work for me, just keeps crashing. whenever I hit "scan"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss_Ineffable
Doesn't work for me, just keeps crashing. whenever I hit "scan"

Hi, Do you have a window with exception code? If yes, send me the code in the mail.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 12:57 PM
I would love to use this but whenever I try to open it, it keeps shutting down and I don't know why..
O_o
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 1:03 PM
Thank you so much for this! :D I have been having an issue with some mods and have not found the issue yet...the majority of the female sims in my game are bald! :( Hopefully this will show me the issue! Thanks again! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 1:20 PM
Thank you for this tool. It is really useful and works like a champ!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 1:37 PM
Thank you so much for this!!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 1:41 PM Last edited by Miss_Ineffable : 6th Aug 2015 at 2:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DmitryMalfatto
Hi, Do you have a window with exception code? If yes, send me the code in the mail.

It never showed one. I just tried again and it did show one but I couldn't even click on it. I keep trying but it doesn't give one again.

*edit: I finally received a code again, the issue was a creation of my own. I have no idea why or how that's even possible but for others, if you have this, Tumblr Randoms, please delete it and if any other creation of mine conflict with this for you, please let me know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 2:01 PM
Thank You!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 2:15 PM
This tool is amazing, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 3:56 PM
Very useful! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Bloch676 : 6th Aug 2015 at 5:02 PM.
Not working! Windows error - " Mod Conflict Detector has stopped working". (I'm running Windows 8.1, fully updated. What are the requirements for this program??

The error comes from .NET 4. What version did you use? And, 32 bit or 64 bit??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 4:41 PM
great program i needed this
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:16 PM
i so needed this, so thank you, but 1 question, as i'm going through the list of conflicts, it's telling me that every single recolor of a hairstyle conflicts with the original version of the hairstyle, as well as telling me that every male to female conversion of a hairstyle or female to male conversion of a hairstyle also conflicts with the original file for that hairstyle as well....um, that doesn't seem right...i started off trying to delete the recolors or conversions & just leaving the original files, but again...it doesn't seem right for that to be true about every single recolor or conversion i have...if they all conflicted with the original hairstyle file, then no recolors or conversions would ever be possible,.,.as i said, i started to delete some of these, but it doesn't seem right...i tried going into the game after starting to make several of these deletions & i'm finding a ton of now bald sims in my game, which tells me that those deleted hairstyles HAD been working just fine in the game previously, & now they're just gone as they were all showing up as conflicts---as i said, that just doesn't seem right. surely every single recolor & conversion out there can't ACTUALLY be conflicting with the original hair/mesh package, but this program is telling me they are
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:26 PM
Amazing and very helpful!! Thank you so much! c:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:45 PM
Thank you so much for this! Works great
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#46 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:49 PM
Molodets Dimasya!
Inventor
#47 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:08 PM
I can't even start/install it. Every time I try I get a "windows protected your pc" error, and I have 8.1
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:45 PM
This is sooooooo outstanding! I have been waiting for a program like this since Sims 1 came out! Thank you a million times over!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:52 PM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! I have been waiting for one of the many talented modders to create something like this.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 7:08 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 6th Aug 2015 at 8:42 PM.
Mine is crashing when I try and scan everything, so as a workaround, I'm scanning folders one-by-one (which is working) in order to narrow down the problem. One question, would it be possible to have a bit that tells you what EP/SP/GP the packages are for? I don't know if such a thing would be possible, but I I've accidentally downloaded stuff for expansions and packs I don't have and I know I haven't managed to find them all yet and something like that would be very handy.

ETA: Well, scanning each folder one by one did the trick and I found the file that was causing everything to crash in my Skin Details folder. After deleting it, it scanned everything with no problem and I found a bunch of TS2 files I'd put in by mistake, so thanks!
Page 2 of 39