Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#17426 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 12:11 AM
If I keep a tombstone on a residential lot till they make a ghost, then send them to the graveyard, will they spawn a ghost THERE? I think it takes 3 days for the ghost to come out at the home lot, will it take another 3 days for it to re-spawn at the community lot? That would mean keeping a playable there for 3 days. And if it did spawn, can more than two come out at the same time (I think that's the limit in a playable lot).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17427 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
If I keep a tombstone on a residential lot till they make a ghost, then send them to the graveyard, will they spawn a ghost THERE? I think it takes 3 days for the ghost to come out at the home lot, will it take another 3 days for it to re-spawn at the community lot? That would mean keeping a playable there for 3 days. And if it did spawn, can more than two come out at the same time (I think that's the limit in a playable lot).

Yes it will spawn a ghost and if there is less than 3 yours will come out the very first night you spend there, or so it is in my game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17428 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Yes it will spawn a ghost and if there is less than 3 yours will come out the very first night you spend there, or so it is in my game.

So if I send a Sim there, a ghost will spawn, but only ghosts sent from HIS HOME lot! What I want to do is send Sims to the graveyard who don't "have any of their own", so they can see a ghost. And it would be best if LOTS of ghost would spawn at once, as long as he goes there at night.

Mad Poster
#17429 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:39 AM
No, it'll be up to three random ghosts. You need to get there before sunset.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17430 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:46 AM Last edited by grammapat : 14th Feb 2019 at 3:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No, it'll be up to three random ghosts. You need to get there before sunset.

Who would have thought they would appear at community lots in daytime! Thanks!
Maybe I should look for a mod that would allow more ghosts.

Space Pony
#17431 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I never even thought about there being replacement skies. Cool! Can anyone point to pic of these? I'm realizing now, it never occurred to me to think of the sky as an object... it's just... you know... blue... up there. :D

@Sunrader , I use simNopke's default sky in one of my folders, the one I need to function as fast as it can, but not having skye and all is not an option to me

I also a must include is to me the latest horizons by @iCad , so those are showing at every pic

Spoiler, here I come!

EDIT: I do not use the sun and moon option, only the default skyes.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#17432 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:51 AM
I might look into horizons. My camera won't go high enough up to see the sky, so skyboxes prob are useful. I have nopke's skyfix and I never see the moon etc.
Space Pony
#17433 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:56 AM
BUmmer, I forgot this, night view from Spectre lot (onlyone I knew starts with an evening)

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#17434 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I never even thought about there being replacement skies. Cool! Can anyone point to pic of these? I'm realizing now, it never occurred to me to think of the sky as an object... it's just... you know... blue... up there. :D

Here's my original post in the "Awesome Thing I Found" thread with some playtest screenshots. I have at least one picture of each type of sky except for the Autumn one (which is similar to the ordinary Day sky, but a bit hazier along the horizon).
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...490#post5462490
Inventor
#17435 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 10:31 AM
Not to change the subject, but do ghosts come out during the Winter? It just occurred to me that in my game that they never come out to haunt fully during that particular season, even on community lots. They would pop up but quickly disappear after like, a sim hour. Does this happen to other people?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#17436 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Not to change the subject, but do ghosts come out during the Winter?

This is the random questions thread. There IS no "subject". Ask whatever you want!

I honestly don't think I've visited a graveyard in winter. I'll have to check into that sometime.
Mad Poster
#17437 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:39 PM
I had to poke around skyboxes and horizons. XD I found some I liked, but I have two questions.

I presume that you can have different horizons, say desert and lush, on different sub-hoods? i.e one on main hood, one on sub-hood.
How do you know if a skybox is animated?
Lab Assistant
#17438 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:40 PM
Not related to TS2 directly, but did the site's font change? It looks a bit odd, needs some getting used to.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17439 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
Not related to TS2 directly, but did the site's font change? It looks a bit odd, needs some getting used to.

Oh, so it's not my eyes! I put my glasses on, took them off, stood on my head... something looked different but I couldn't figure out what!
Instructor
#17440 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 6:15 PM
Hmm... I don't see any difference with the site's font. I even cleared my cache and change my theme. Looks the same to me

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#17441 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 6:36 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 14th Feb 2019 at 6:46 PM.
Mine doesn't look different either. Maybe it depends on what theme we're using.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I had to poke around skyboxes and horizons. XD I found some I liked, but I have two questions.

I presume that you can have different horizons, say desert and lush, on different sub-hoods? i.e one on main hood, one on sub-hood.

Unlike the default replacement skies, skyboxes and horizons are deco objects and will show up in your catalog. Like any other neighborhood deco object, you can have different ones in different neighborhoods and sub-hoods. You can even have more than one. You can have a horizon object, a skybox object with a static sky on it and another skybox with animated clouds on it all on the same neighborhood map. Play around with them to get an effect that you like - mix and match, etc.

The animated skyboxes that I've seen all have clouds that rotate around the edge of the neighborhood. They should be really obvious. Just put one in your neighborhood and watch to see if the clouds are moving.
Undead Molten Llama
#17442 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

1) Assuming that you're not talking about default skies (which are a different thing), skyboxes and horizons are just neighborhood deco and you use them the same way. You can put them on any terrain, main hood, subhoods, vacation hoods, wherever.
2) Most people who make animated skies -- so far as I know there's only been three people who've done so so far, though there may be some out there that I'm not aware of -- will say in descriptions whether or not it's animated. For my part, all but one of the ones I've made are in one post on my Tumblr, and the post is titled "Animated Skies." Whatever the case, you'll know when you put it in a neighborhood because if it's animated the globe will start spinning. If that's not what you want, you just remove it from the neighborhood the same way you remove any other neighborhood deco.

Two things to be aware of, since I'm here:

1) Make sure you have Skyfix installed so that you can see your neighborhood sky while in lot view as well as seeing, for instance, the stars at night.

2) Depending on what you use, if you use a sky + a horizon or a static sky + an animated one or all three at once, you might find that they clip each other, causing a sort of hole in the sky. If this happens to you, you just need to make an easy adjustment -- one number -- in your neighborhood camera. See this post by Lowedeus for instructions, if clipping happens to you.

Have fun pretty-fying!

EDIT: Hah, I was ninja'ed, but I'll leave this up for the other two points I made, which might be useful. OH! And another point:

3) In order to see the skies, your View Distance has to be set at Extra Large and your Fade Distance needs to be set to Off. Both of those are in-game settings, under the icon that looks like cogs.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17443 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 9:38 PM
@iCad You are somewhat the expert on this, so if you get an area that shows up wrongly- (I really don't know how to explain this) but down near the horizon like a blue blob that gets smaller and bigger but moving enough will get rid of it. Does this mean the globes are in the wrong place? I will take a photo to show what I mean later when my game is loaded, but I am always having to move the camera so this 'blob' area doesn't normally show in pictures. or is this blob what you are calling 'hole in the sky?'

Edit: Actually I think it is 'hole in the sky' I will read this over when I am awake. Haha, so funny you posted about that just before I came to ask.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17444 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 10:28 PM
About the font-yeah, it's been changed. I noticed it myself a few days ago-it's not that bad, though.
It took me a few tries to get the right set up for skyboxes and horizons to actually work, because there are a few that were the earliest versions and they're the ones which clip and show holes in the horizon..
As for placement: both the skyboxes and the horizons should be in the same corner, and the horizon should wrap evenly around the map, as the skybox should as well-if either one of the is misplaced, it will show up in neighborhood view.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17445 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 11:39 PM
Reading this it says to change the 2000 to 5000, but my neighbourhood camera doesn't have 2000 it has lots of 200000's. Can anyone help with this? Should I change all the 2's into 5's?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17446 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 12:47 AM
I'm finding the font a little harder to read. Are we talking cameras? I wanna tweak my cameras.
Mad Poster
#17447 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 8:49 AM
What's the advantage of a lot skybox vs a hood skybox?

I think my clouds might be animated. They seem to move around. I just gotta hide the hood deco for it with a bush or something, because it doesn't disappear and you can see it from some lots. XD
Mad Poster
#17448 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 11:41 AM
A lot skybox would let you change the sky on the lot itself, instead of having to go in and out of the lot to change the hood sky.
Alchemist
#17449 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 11:44 AM
And a hood skybox can't be animated, but a lot skybox can.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17450 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
And a hood skybox can't be animated, but a lot skybox can.

Yes, but you just add the animated cloud cover to it and the ones I use are both hood deco.

~Call me Jo~
Page 698 of 1347