Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

baticeer

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 15041 (Who?), Viewed: 338810 times.
Page 602 of 602
just a girl
#15026 Old Yesterday at 9:20 PM
I don't think townies need to be given anything to contact playables.
Instructor
#15027 Old Yesterday at 9:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
I don't think townies need to be given anything to contact playables.

Good to know @Lamare. This is my first time creating townies so I don't want to miss any steps

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Field Researcher
#15028 Old Yesterday at 10:03 PM
They really should have to, though. Townies should automatically have mobile phones (if you have the appropriate EP, of course) so it makes sense for them to be able to contact your sim!
Instructor
#15029 Old Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didyouevenmakeasound
They really should have to, though. Townies should automatically have mobile phones (if you have the appropriate EP, of course) so it makes sense for them to be able to contact your sim!

I have all EP's (I have the UC), I just wanted to make sure before I move on any further

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Theorist
#15030 Old Yesterday at 10:28 PM
about a character having a potato head thumbnail on its Character Description resource; if the background is black, the character is "safe".
blue, character is unlinked; change character's "linked" line (Other tab) and click "Commit". next time resource is loaded, the thumbnail would change.
red, character is a "No Character Data" character. likely the character/household was deleted through family/household bin.
Lab Assistant
#15031 Old Today at 12:53 AM
I have a toddler with a wish to buy a tree. I think I read here that that's not corruption (I think it was a wish to buy a shrub) but want to be sure...
Mad Poster
#15032 Old Today at 2:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *_Drew~
Does anybody know the ideal size for AnoeskaB's custom panting?
I never get the right size when painting the custom ones.

What do you mean you never get the right size? There should be three different sizes. Child size, tabletop size and normal size.

Quote:

I think that it's presumed that they have a house with a phone somewhere we can't see it.
Link Ninja
#15033 Old Today at 3:06 AM Last edited by Charmful : Today at 3:47 AM.
If I try to restore a neighborhood and delete the N0XX folder in EA Games>Sims 2>Neighborhoods before changing the name of the back up extracted folder to 'N0XX' is that hood doomed not to be read ever again unless I restore the entire sims 2 folder back up?

Because if it is, sorry - that birb sanctuary is a gone (as are my contest entry condos *grumble*)

EDIT: Never mind, The answer is no, you can delete the N0XX folder and rename your back up the same but friends, please remember if you zip your numbered neighborhood folder and extract it, to go in and get the folder within the folder to drag it back into the SIms 2>Neighborhoods folder otherwise it tries to read EA GAmes>The SIms 2>Neighborhoods>N0XX>N0XX which will not work.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#15034 Old Today at 3:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cows
I have a toddler with a wish to buy a tree. I think I read here that that's not corruption (I think it was a wish to buy a shrub) but want to be sure...

That's fine, toddler can have a want for a nice garden too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#15035 Old Today at 7:41 AM
What could be making my NPC cashier have a small transparent gap between their head and body? and if this is a known issue what’s the easiest way to fix this?

It is a new cashier that spawned with a custom townified skintone, so my thought was maybe it has to do with the skin. I didn’t notice the same issues on any other townies who spawned with custom skin though. Also I have the “townie body diversity” mod and he is fat, so I thought maybe something is off with the fat state of the mesh?

I don’t plan on any of my playables getting to know the guy or anything and the gap is so small that it’s hardly noticeable, so I can just live with it, but it’s weird.
Needs Coffee
#15036 Old Today at 9:12 AM
Perhaps the skin isn't set to work correctly for all body states. Maybe give him long hair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#15037 Old Today at 9:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
What do you mean you never get the right size? There should be three different sizes. Child size, tabletop size and normal size.

Those are the sizes for the easel - I'm talking about the canvas ones, with new shapes (oval, squared and horizontal)
I'm asking beause the pics I'm currently using (random ones found on tumblr and saved in The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Paintings) are always stretched.
The Great AntiJen
#15038 Old Today at 10:20 AM
Quote:
Those are the sizes for the easel - I'm talking about the canvas ones, with new shapes (oval, squared and horizontal)
I'm asking beause the pics I'm currently using (random ones found on tumblr and saved in The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Paintings) are always stretched.

Oh you mean to put them in the Pictures folder? The standard ones seem to be 156 pixels wide and around 250 pixels high (often 243) - that is the pictures from EAxis included. Multiples of that work too (so 312 wide - the height doesn't seem to matter quite so much).

It would depend on what the creator did with the mapping. Personally, if I were making that mod, I would make all the canvases to use the same size - for two reasons:
1. it would allow users to use any picture they currently have in their Paintings folder on any of the canvases instead of special collections for each canvas
2. it would avoid extensive remapping and sizing as you made them

I don't know what they did but to test whether they use the same mapping-size relationship, you could try one of the EAxis default pictures on each canvas and see if any are distorted. If not, they all use the standard size. It doesn't say anything specifically on the download page about the mapping - and if I'd done something with that, I'd certainly mention it. I would guess they use the standard sizes. I might check ...

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Field Researcher
#15039 Old Today at 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
It would depend on what the creator did with the mapping. Personally, if I were making that mod, I would make all the canvases to use the same size - for two reasons:
1. it would allow users to use any picture they currently have in their Paintings folder on any of the canvases instead of special collections for each canvas
2. it would avoid extensive remapping and sizing as you made them

That's what I was trying to find out, but to be honest I didn't know what to look for in SimPe. I thought there might have been some kind of "interaction" with the empy shape so I could take the size from there - however, I don't think I'm skilled enough XD
Quote:
I don't know what they did but to test whether they use the same mapping-size relationship, you could try one of the EAxis default pictures on each canvas and see if any are distorted. If not, they all use the standard size. It doesn't say anything specifically on the download page about the mapping - and if I'd done something with that, I'd certainly mention it. I would guess they use the standard sizes. I might check ...

My guess is that the Oval uses the standard vertical size, while the Squared should be like the FT Architecture Reward. No clue about the Horizontal one.
Moreover, I was trying to look for the maxis sample and they have weird size (845x768, 1070x814 and 1136x844 for instance) and I'm not able to determinate a smaller size.
Field Researcher
#15040 Old Today at 11:31 AM
Quote:
That's what I was trying to find out, but to be honest I didn't know what to look for in SimPe. I thought there might have been some kind of "interaction" with the empy shape so I could take the size from there - however, I don't think I'm skilled enough XD

My guess is that the Oval uses the standard vertical size, while the Squared should be like the FT Architecture Reward. No clue about the Horizontal one.
Moreover, I was trying to look for the maxis sample and they have weird size (845x768, 1070x814 and 1136x844 for instance) and I'm not able to determinate a smaller size.

Horizontal could be the same as the oval and standard size, but rotated on its side, maybe?
The Great AntiJen
#15041 Old Today at 11:34 AM
Quote:

Yes, I think the Oval uses the standard size - as you can see in the picture the oval looks about right proportion-wise where on the other two shapes - the square and horizontal just stretch the texture over the larger surface. What that means is the mapping is the same for the different sizes but because the display area is bigger, the image is distorted on the square and the horizontal. The horizontal looks like a straight re-proportion with the height being the original width and the width being the original height. To make textures for this shape particularly, you'd need to re-size the image in the same way. It's not rotated - that won't work.

Having said that, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you replacing the default images that the sims paint when they 'practice painting' or are you just wanting to add extra images that only the more creative sims can paint via painting a custom painting?

If it's the second one, all you need do is drop images in the Paintings folder. As I said, the standard images are 156 pixels wide - that is to fit on a standard easel shape. So that would work for the oval shape. As I also said, you can use bigger images - say 312 or even 624 if you like. This gives better definition and detail (I'd use 312 myself just to keep file sizes down a bit). When I want a landscape painting, I just use a landscape shaped picture in that folder and only use it on the horizontal canvas. I'd just be careful to keep it at a reasonable size and the right colour depth.

If you're trying to replace the standard images that all sims paint - those have to be replaced in the modded objects files I think. I don't think you can have a second custom set. Looking at the files, there are two with images that the sims will use when you ask them to 'practice painting' (without specifying a custom image). The files are AnoeskaB_Maxis_More_Functional_Painting_Easels_Canvas_Small_Horizontal_1_-_needed_for_p and AnoeskaB_Maxis_More_Functional_Painting_Easels_Canvas_Small_Normal_-_needed_for_pi. The images in both are 256x256 (512x512 would work too probably) and that's the size you should use for both since the object is mapped to that size. What I can see in the horizontal file is that the original maker has squashed some of the images in the horizontal plane so that when they are mapped onto the landscape canvas they look more normal. And that's what you'd have to do too. The problem here is that the ALL canvases are slaved to one of those two files and sims will use the available images randomly so if you make an image for the normal canvas, if the square canvas is slaved to that mesh then if the image gets used on a square mesh, it's going to distort and there's nothing really you can do about that. Each shape is not mapped individually. I'd guess the oval and standard portrait are slaved together and maybe the landscape and square though it's not clear to me what the square is doing (without doing the tedious job of digging into the links in SimPE).
Screenshots

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Field Researcher
#15042 Old Today at 12:30 PM
Quote:
Horizontal could be the same as the oval and standard size, but rotated on its side, maybe?

lol that's definitely the one, sometimes I surprise myself with my lack of logic.
Quote:
Yes, I think the Oval uses the standard size - as you can see in the picture the oval looks about right proportion-wise where on the other two shapes - the square and horizontal just stretch the texture over the larger surface. What that means is the mapping is the same for the different sizes but because the display area is bigger, the image is distorted on the square and the horizontal. The horizontal looks like a straight re-proportion with the height being the original width and the width being the original height. To make textures for this shape particularly, you'd need to re-size the image in the same way. It's not rotated - that won't work.

Having said that, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you replacing the default images that the sims paint when they 'practice painting' or are you just wanting to add extra images that only the more creative sims can paint via painting a custom painting?

If it's the second one, all you need do is drop images in the Paintings folder. As I said, the standard images are 156 pixels wide - that is to fit on a standard easel shape. So that would work for the oval shape. As I also said, you can use bigger images - say 312 or even 624 if you like. This gives better definition and detail (I'd use 312 myself just to keep file sizes down a bit). When I want a landscape painting, I just use a landscape shaped picture in that folder and only use it on the horizontal canvas. I'd just be careful to keep it at a reasonable size and the right colour depth.

Sorry if I cut you wonderful (and detailed) explanation Maxon, but those numbers are exactely what I needed
Now I just need to start over with some pics and resize them the proper way.
Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate the fact that you even opened the game to check if for me, it was very kind of you!
Page 602 of 602