Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 5:04 PM
Default Meshes turn into mess after importing them into TSRW
I've been having this problem since I starded meshing. When I combine two meshes no matter if I do it in MS or with MeshToolKit after I import them into workshop I get this.

I combined Eas top mesh and the legs mesh. SO they're both ea's meshes. Are there any rules when it comes to combining meshes? Cause its a huge problem to me.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:26 AM
When you combine with Toolkit do you get a warning that there are too many bones?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:42 AM
nope, it goes all good and smooth.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:44 PM
TSRW does not warn you when you exceed the number of joints used.
You did however do that wich explains the spikes.

The whole body hoiwever is also messed up, it misses alot of boneassignements wich explains the default ''mesh'' pose.

Update TSRW and its plugin files for Milkshape, then try again with a 2 grouped outfit instead of one.(if you exceed the number of joints uses(max of 60, you have 61) you need to splitup the meshes.
Practise with combining top and bottoms.

The best outfit you can use(for adults) is the male ambodygoth wich has 2 groups for every detail.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:02 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention... I'm playing with the whole transparency thing...And I need the second group only for the transparent part of mesh...so the secound group is taken basiclly :D
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:04 PM
lol, then you have a problem
One of my files on my site has 3 groups per lod, most likly the one with the transparant lace.
Clone that one then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 11:14 AM
Oh, I didn't know that I'll try it then. Thanks