Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:36 PM Last edited by linesa : 8th Jul 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Default [Solved] Little problem with a test for a teen maternity outfit
Hi ^^

I have a little problem, I’ve tried to do a pregnancy cloth (a top and a pant) for a teen sims to do a test, and the problem is that when she or another sims touch her belly, her hand or the hand of the other sims go in her belly, like she don’t have a pregnant belly…

Here’s the tools I’ve used and the steps I did to come to that result.

Tools :
TSRW 2.0.73
Milkshape
Wes’s merge tool
Cmar’s meshtoolkit

Used meshes :
Adult :
Top : afTopShirtTeeLayered_crew
Bottom : afBottomPantsDrawstringLong
Teen :
Top : tfTopShirtFittedStripes
Bottom : tfBottomPantsCapriCuffs_flaps

Steps I did :
I’ve exported the 4 WSO.
I’ve opened the teen top, deleted the group_special, saved under a new name and did the same thing with the teen bottom.

I’ve opened the meshtoolkit and in auto tools for WSO, I choose auto-create morphs.
In WSO mesh to morph, I choose the teen top without the group_special and in reference WSO mesh (has morph mesh group), I choose the adult top, clicked on Create Morph Meshgroups (avec Do interpolation, give better result but may be slow), saved under a new name and did the same thing with the teen bottom.

In milkshape, I’ve opened the 2 new files together and fixed the waist with Wes’s merge tool kit.
I’ve then exported in WSO the top and the bottom separately.

I’ve imported the news meshes in the TSRW and exported in package to check fastly if it worked fine.

So, how can I fix that problem ?

And, less prioritary question, how to smooth the joint of the pant and the top at the waist, because even if it’s not too much visible in game, it’s enough visible in Milkshape…
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:01 PM
You need to start with a outfit that has original a pregnant state and relink all textures.
Or you replace the BOND files in the package with ones of a outfit that has pregstate.

To smooth the waist you need to copy the normals over from a reference mesh(group_special that has a belly)
You have to do this for both the top and bottom.(use Wes’s merge tool)

If this is a fullbodyoutfit you can alligne the normals on the seam with Demon alligne normal tool(here on site)

Edit,
i just reread your post...i dont think there is a pregnate state for teens
Then(if im correct) you need to take a adult outfit wich has pregstate and convert it to teen.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:10 PM Last edited by linesa : 6th Jul 2013 at 9:06 PM.
Thank you for the answer bloom ^^

I see...

So, I should convert an adult outfit for teen... Ok, I just found the tut for that ^^

How can I copy it from the reference mesh ?
And how can I relink the texture ?

After that, it's possible to use the converted outfit to "morph" the oufit I originally wanted to enable for maternity so it can get the "data" with the meshtoolkit like I did ?

And it's strange, with the TSRW, I saw a base game swimsuit for teen enabled for maternity...
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 9:39 PM
Check ingame if that teen swimsuit has the same rubbin error, if not then you can use that one!.

The easiest way to setup your outfit is:
*clone a similar adult outfit and set it to teen under categories(let tsrw change some settings)
*import your meshes in the meshtab.

To relink the textures i always use CTU at the same time.
*open CTU and clone the teen outfit you want to enable for maternity.
*click add new design in the Design tab.(the whole list of textures shows up now in the texture tab)
*right click the first line(multiplier/base texture) and choose edit.
*copy the key( key:00B2D882:00000000:90985C2DE46106E5 for instance) include the ''key:'' aswell.

Now go back to tsrw:
*go to the multiplier
*click edit
*now past your the key you just copied in CTU into the top box and click find.
*click done.
You now have relinked your outfit to a original texture, this will keep your file very small.
Repeat the same steps for all other textures.

Read this tut for using the merge tools: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398865
the normals can be done the same way
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:18 AM
Thanks for you answer Bloom ^^

I'll try to do what you said ^^

I saw your tuto, it's pretty good and helpful and it's what I did to fix the wait of the teen top and bottom ^^

Just one question, what is the "normals" ?

And should I do the same thing for an adult maternity oufit ? Or is it a bit different ?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 11:53 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertex_normal

normals are there for lighting and shading.
If each face would have its own shading you should all see triangles next to eachother.
right click in your 3d view and choose flatshaded.
By smoothing out the seams you get a better result

Adults are the same.
Those normals on the waistline should be identical on each top or bottom you make, like the seams on the neck and ankles.
to make those parts fit smoothly(and with the possibility to swap diffren tops and bottoms) their normals should be identical.
Use the normals from the naked top or bottom.

A fullbody, like i said earlier you can smooth with Demons tool.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 12:03 PM
The adult pregnant morph may be too big for teens. You could try downloading my pregnancy morphs for teens and use the nude bases and pregnant morphs as reference. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492712

For a separate top and pants the normals don't need to match at the waist since they're separate pieces of clothing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 2:59 PM Last edited by linesa : 7th Jul 2013 at 3:39 PM.
Thank for you answers Bloom and Cmar ^^

It's really helpful ^^

I tried what you told me :

Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
The easiest way to setup your outfit is:
*clone a similar adult outfit and set it to teen under categories(let tsrw change some settings)
*import your meshes in the meshtab.

And it worked like a charm ^^

I'm now experimenting with the "medium level of detail" (lod 2).
I've reduced the quality around the middle and when I'm importing the mesh in TSRW, I get the famous error message you can see in the pic...

To fix the bones with the meshtoolkit, I need to use the adult or the original teen mesh ?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
For a separate top and pants the normals don't need to match at the waist since they're separate pieces of clothing.

If it involves skin on the waistline then the normals should match Cmar.

can you not use the existing lower lod adult meshes?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 10:47 PM
If it involves skin on the waistline then the normals should match Cmar.

You're right , But in the picture there didn't appear to be skin at the waist.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 10:39 AM
can you not use the existing lower lod adult meshes?

I didnt think about that, it's a good idea

I've tried what you and Cmar said about fixing the normals and it work too ^^

I've tested another thing : I've morphed the teen lod_2 suimsuit using the morphed mesh as a reference with the meshtoolkit with "replace existing morphs checked", I've smoothed it and it worked ^^

I even could import that mesh in TSRW and the same thing worked with the teen lod_3 swimsuit :D

But I'll use your astuce Bloom if what worked for that suimsuit dont work for others clothes ^^

I think everything is solved for now and what I learned will come in handy later

Thanks for your help guys ^^
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:29 AM
Your welcome

i ment ofcourse the teen meshes, how stupid.