Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 2:08 AM
Default Creating a new object and need a yellow brick road
There is something kinda big I have planned that I want to do but I don't really know where to go to get it done. I'm sick and tired having nothing but tread mills for sims 3 and I'm hoping to make an exercise bike like there is in 2. How would I go through with this exactly? And I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't quite sure where I was supposed to put it.

*flops about like a fish*
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydrasis
There is something kinda big I have planned that I want to do but I don't really know where to go to get it done. I'm sick and tired having nothing but tread mills for sims 3 and I'm hoping to make an exercise bike like there is in 2. How would I go through with this exactly? And I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't quite sure where I was supposed to put it.
For an object like that you would need the exercise bike mesh, a bike riding animation for the Sim and a wheels spinning animation for the bike, a script to tie the animations to both Sim and bike, and you would also probably want the exercise bike to alter the Sims energy and hunger like the treadmill does. The bike mesh and animations exist already in the game files so you could probably borrow and modify those for your object. You would have to write the script from scratch most likely though. Buzzler and Leefish have both posted tutorials that would be relevant to the project so the Tutorial section is probably the best place to get started.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 10:35 PM
Thanks OrangeMittens! *puts on ruby shoes and skips off*

*flops about like a fish*