Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

Devon Aster

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 11:48 AM
Replies: 4968 (Who?), Viewed: 159108 times.
Page 199 of 199
#4951 Old Yesterday at 9:06 AM

That expression says it all.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Forum Resident
#4952 Old Yesterday at 12:26 PM
I've seen more than one pack leader within a neighborhood. No, that's not due to me messing with the summoner either. Sometimes my game likes to be a little extra generous with animals.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Field Researcher
#4953 Old Yesterday at 1:37 PM
i'm cleaning up my downloads folder (making files example: clothes hair etc) and it's so time consuming! surely there's a better way right?

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
I am a follow of Susan wainwright the almighty goddess
Mad Poster
#4954 Old Yesterday at 1:49 PM
No, there isn't

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Scholar
#4955 Old Yesterday at 2:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoodle5
I've seen more than one pack leader within a neighborhood. No, that's not due to me messing with the summoner either. Sometimes my game likes to be a little extra generous with animals.

Unless modded, the game normally has 3 of every NPC. Isn't the pack leader also considered an NPC? If so, that would explain why you see more than one.
Mad Poster
#4956 Old Yesterday at 5:44 PM
MogHughsons postal system really is a great addition to the game. I forgot I had sent a post card to a Sim, and it was such a neat surprise to have my Sims go pick up the mail and find a card congratulating them on their wedding.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Theorist
#4957 Old Yesterday at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister

That expression says it all.

"I'll hug him and love him and squeeze him and call him George!"

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Forum Resident
#4958 Old Yesterday at 7:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
MogHughsons postal system really is a great addition to the game. I forgot I had sent a post card to a Sim, and it was such a neat surprise to have my Sims go pick up the mail and find a card congratulating them on their wedding.
This makes me interested in adding that to my game!

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Forum Resident
#4959 Old Yesterday at 7:32 PM
Last time I had a Sim adopt a wolf, I used SimPE to change up her personality. After that, she became the most loving wolf that wasn't shy to say hello. Even changed her appearance from straight black to a bluish-gray over white.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
#4960 Old Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
i'm cleaning up my downloads folder (making files example: clothes hair etc) and it's so time consuming! surely there's a better way right?

Ctrl + E ?
#4961 Old Today at 4:28 AM
Quote:
Actually, when I was playing my Asylum challenge (with the 8 Charlatans), I forgot to stick prisoner tokens in their inventories. So when another household got invited to an outing, all of the asylum patients suddenly climbed out of the taxi. Quite an impressive escape there.

I screenshot everything.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Field Researcher
#4962 Old Today at 4:53 AM Last edited by natboopsie : Today at 5:08 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt

I love the little surprises like that too! I also like to have more Serious newlyweds buy cards on their honeymoon and (if they are lucky enough to have use of a vacation home---I simulate vacation-home rentals in my largest hood using Inge's complicated but interesting Lot Income Rights mod, so it's possible they can use one even if they can't buy one) maybe spend some of the time they have hanging out at the house to write their thank-you notes for wedding gifts. (Some of those gifts may have been "mailed" to them from other subhoods by friends using the PC Sims Parcel Service , which also makes them openable/usable in a honeymoon vacation home, so thanking the givers can be fresh on their minds). Honeymooners can send their thank-yous directly from the vacation home's mailbox, and they can also get congratulation cards at the vacation home, if other households have been played while they've still been on vacation.

(That's actually my other favorite thing about the cards system: it's realistic in the sense that cards get "addressed" to whatever lot the sim is living *when the cards are sent*. So it's a minor but sorta fun bit of my Uni play, for example, that dorm and Greek house residents call recent grads to come visit...partly so they can pick up their graduation or other cards that might have arrived since they moved back to the main hood. The card info [who sent it, who's the recipient] always seems to survive being gifted from one sim to the other, too, so the right receiving sim can still "read" them---which is lots more than can be said for Maxis paintings and photos!)

@AliaD85 and anyone else interested, I did start a thread asking about how others use Mog's cards some time ago. You may find it worth reading.

Edit to add my random thought: being away from my game so much of the time right now really makes me plan harder about what I'm going to do when I get back to it.

Away from my game for most months out of the year right now, but still a fan.
#4963 Old Today at 5:23 AM
Is the postal system compatible with Cyjon's Bigger Bills? My Sims just don't recieve any cards in the mail, and that's the only thing I can think of that would conflict.

Top Secret Researcher
#4964 Old Today at 6:11 AM
Quote:
Is the postal system compatible with Cyjon's Bigger Bills? My Sims just don't recieve any cards in the mail, and that's the only thing I can think of that would conflict.

Huh, that's so weird. As far as I can tell by playing with the cards in my game, card delivery is completely separate from bills, so I don't see why there would be a conflict there. I assume you've tried running the HCDU?
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4965 Old Today at 6:21 AM
alfixes by pescado might conflict.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4966 Old Today at 6:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
alfixes by pescado might conflict.

That's actually a really good guess, but...I still have alfixes, and the greeting cards work fine in my game. (Yes, I'm probably one of the last people still using alfixes; I just haven't bothered to take it out yet.)
#4967 Old Today at 6:35 AM
I don't use alfixes.

Forum Resident
#4968 Old Today at 6:39 AM
Quote:

I screenshot everything.

Oh, dear. People will really have to put a lock on every pocket they have and stay on full alert. Let's hope there are plenty of poker tables to keep them busy.

Scholar
#4969 Old Today at 11:37 AM
If anybody is using Pescado's alfixes, you might want to try Slig's version instead. Slig fixed it so it doesn't interfere with love letters anymore. I believe that might have been what was causing the conflict with the greeting card system.

https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html
Page 199 of 199