Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:57 PM
Default Things you wish you could do in gta-type games
Gta-type games I've played, gta 4 and saints row 4, have activities that always set you on a path to getting chased and having to shoot it out. That's good time-proven gameplay but I wish there were actions that end in someone being struck speechless and leaving in resigned defeat instead of it becoming yet another fight. Sorry if this sounds immature but I really want to be small-time douchey in street-sandbox games without necessarily taking it to the next level.
Share your wishes of minor atrocities. Here's my wishlist for unscripted gameplay in these kinds of games:

grab tagger's spray can and mace them with it
find arsonist in action shove live firecracker in pants
trip sk8er off his sk8board
flick cigarette out of smoker's mouth
grab smartphone mid-speech and jam it in loud-talker's mouth
throw someone's pizza like a frisbee
dig a dumpster and sell findings back to retailer that threw it out
vandalize someone's graffitti, watch them try to blame someone for it

It's just that gta and saint's row activities, to me, seem to always go back to samey gameplay: fighting > getting chased > and getting shot at > get wasted or hide until clear again. That's what the game engine was made for after all. Halfway through saint's row 3 I'm wishing that the payoff to players' bad behavior is seeing people respond with hilarious or realistic results. You flip a guy's pizza onto the floor, he retreats and tries to play it down but eyes you angrily and accidentally falls down the stairs onto his ass because he didn't watch where he was going, laughter of present witnesses follows and he's forced to flee out of view. Seeing that happen to someone or having it happen to the player is meant to be the satisfying part. Anyone agree with wanting sandbox games to get more douchey this way? Shooting is a big action payoff but it's too common, imo, is what I'm trying to say and I think crime sandbox games could be loads better by adding different, smaller results. If the whole point to a game is to misbehave, then let there be more options.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 1:37 AM
I wish you could play as a cop, for a game series that is supposed to be all about freedom it has always bugged me that you are locked into being the crook. Instead of better graphic or a bigger world in the next game I would like to see more ways to play the game, like maybe the cops let you keep your stuff when they arrest you if you snitch on your friends but then other gangs will not trust you, or the option to play as a cop and either be a corrupt cop who takes bribes and shakes down store owners or be one of the few good cops in a city over run with crime and have to do things within the law or you lose your job and end up having to join a gang or something. More options like that and freedom to choose your own path would add so much to these games. Right now I feel like I am basically playing the same game as GTA 3 just with better graphics, a bigger world, and more cars.

Following the Skyrim/Fallout 3 model of play and letting the player decide where he or she stands would add so much to these type of games and think of it, what if the AI could be doing the same thing? What if the cops could have moles in your team when you are playing as a crook and you had to worry about who you can trust. So much of what gives crime films tension is the cat and mouse game of no one knowing for sure who they can trust, that tension is missing from these type of games and it would be a huge step forward for them if it could be added IMO.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:22 AM
I always wished you could do more with melee combat instead of always having gun fights. A more advanced hand to hand combat system in the GTA games would be awesome. After playing through Sleeping Dogs I kept thinking about how much fun the melee combat was in that, and kept wondering why GTA hasn't tried something like that. I'd love to see some martial arts style combat system. Yeah I know GTA San Andreas had that martial arts school, but I'd love to see something more advanced than that. They stress the gun fights way too much, and I'd like to see a bit more variety. Maybe throw in some attacks that use objects in the environment like in Sleeping Dogs as well. Like slamming someone into a phone booth, or stuffing some poor guy into the trunk of a car then jumping out while driving and shooting the gas tank as the car rolls away blowing up the guy in the trunk.

I just wish there was more variety in the combat system, the constant gun fights get dull after a while.
#4 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I wish you could play as a cop

In Sleeping Dogs, you can play Wei Shen as cop (he's undercover cop and there's mission he's being undercover cop in Year Of The Snake DLC) and do melee combat and avoid knife attack, much more effective for close attack range than shooting. For me, punching opponent's face until bleeding is much more satisfying than shooting the opponent. the missions are varying and definitely not boring compared to GTA. Other than stealing cars and motorcycles, I order food and herbal drinks, take a piss (yes seriously), wash face and sleep in that game a lot. My favorite is looking at NPC eating noodles on styrofoam box, hehehe.

My wishlist:
1) Burning building. I know I can burn people in GTA, but wish the buildings can be burnt, to feel more riot.
2) Slipping hidden "bomb" in target's clothing, when target is away, main character just click the button to detonate the bomb. Target will die instantly in merciless way.
3) More food
4) Harder notoriety meter so the game feel more challenged and a bit realistic, the main character is supposed to be treated like terrorist, not some kind of forgotten thief.
5) NPC reacts more realistically. I'm tired to hear NPC yelling, shouting, crying, running away crazily whenever my car is driving closely near them without hitting them.
6) Using mass public transportations. Undercover being ordinary civilian or silently pickpocketing or causing chaos in the middle of public transportation or hijacking is much more interesting rather than using the same boring old way stealing car driving alone hitting people.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
In Sleeping Dogs, you can play Wei Shen as cop (he's undercover cop and there's mission he's being undercover cop in Year Of The Snake DLC) and do melee combat and avoid knife attack, much more effective for close attack range than shooting. For me, punching opponent's face until bleeding is much more satisfying than shooting the opponent. the missions are varying and definitely not boring compared to GTA. Other than stealing cars and motorcycles, I order food and herbal drinks, take a piss (yes seriously), wash face and sleep in that game a lot. My favorite is looking at NPC eating noodles on styrofoam box, hehehe.

My wishlist:
1) Burning building. I know I can burn people in GTA, but wish the buildings can be burnt, to feel more riot.
2) Slipping hidden "bomb" in target's clothing, when target is away, main character just click the button to detonate the bomb. Target will die instantly in merciless way.
3) More food
4) Harder notoriety meter so the game feel more challenged and a bit realistic, the main character is supposed to be treated like terrorist, not some kind of forgotten thief.
5) NPC reacts more realistically. I'm tired to hear NPC yelling, shouting, crying, running away crazily whenever my car is driving closely near them without hitting them.
6) Using mass public transportations. Undercover being ordinary civilian or silently pickpocketing or causing chaos in the middle of public transportation or hijacking is much more interesting rather than using the same boring old way stealing car driving alone hitting people.

Wow, now I want to play that game and it is at the top of my wishlist, and I agree with your wishlist. All of those are things i would like to see in this type of game in future.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 6th Oct 2016 at 5:26 AM.
This discussion branch reminds me of Way of the Samurai 4 ( not a gta type game, but close with free roaming within a port town ), in that game you can buy a dojo and recruit people into it by beating them up and demanding they join and pay fees to learn to fight. You could recruit almost any npc, including the europeans in the rich area of town. The dojo portion of the game wasn't fully realized and became annoying from other schools invading and killing your pupils unless you had a specific badass npc as your liutenant. But I would love to have my own dojo in a gta type game. We could demand protection money like the red poles in sleeping dogs, or be a corrupt melee only police force that pulls over captains of crime just to take their money, or set up a tournament to get money. Obviously such a game would require lots of items to spend money on. God! Please let it happen!

Yes, sleeping dogs is a solid game but know that the gun fighting, though uncommon, was just not fun like the batman counter style and environment fatality fighting system they had going on. It's just basic shooting with the added need to be jumping from cover to enable bullet-time added onto it. Zodiac Tournament dlc, wow that was almost as or just as good as I hoped it would be from the opening cinematic.
Theorist
#7 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:55 AM
- Capable of entering any building instead of only a few restaurants, stores, your houses and some other (mostly mission related) buildings, like the police office. Not just stealing at night, but on midday, too.
- Entering cabs and public transport coaches as a passenger, not just as a thief.
- Traffic laws or at least the police obeying them. Not that you can do anything, as long as you don't hit a police car from up close (collapse on them with 100 km/h = no reaction) or kill people. If I drive reckless near the police, I will get caught.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.