Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 9:03 PM
Default Weird rectangles on objects?
Right so, I've tried to search google and forums for this but I'm really not sure how to word it in searches so I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've noticed that on some maxis objects there is a strange rectangle thingy appearing on the texture, I've first noticed it on tables where I've thought okay.. maybe it's supposed to be like that for... maxis reasons, we don't always understand what they were thinking, but now I've noticed it on windows and screens too and it clearly does't belong there.

Here's what I mean:

So.. what is that and more importantly is there any way to get rid of it? Not that it bugs me much during the game play but it's kind of annoying when I try to take screenshots :3

I apologise in advance for every stupid question I'll ask. Actually sharing my creations instead of just making them for my own game is a whole new area for me ^.^
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:31 AM
Downloaded any CC electronics? Looks like some kind of mesh cross-contamination. Perhaps a CC creator cloned from a Maxis object and some elements of their mesh altering are effecting original objects. I've seen similar to this with CC clothing more than once.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:21 PM
A cool suggestion, but that doesn't explain how it ended up on the window in screenshot 1 :\

looks to me like it might have something to do with the surface texture. all those items have some kind of shiny finish, which might also go for the tables you saw it on. This explains why it seems to stretch and squash with the proportions of the item.