Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 4:12 AM
Default Accidentally set a sim to the wrong house....
So using testingcheats I hit the "add to active household button", believing that it would add that hero to the list of those being used in the quest. Nope....
Instead it changed that hero's home to that of the spy(who was selected when I made this mistake). So now when I play with this hero and hit "go home", it sends him to the spy quarters. Now that I am trying to make he and the spy marry, the only option that comes up to either is to live in the spy quarters, instead of the lavishly decked out Barracks that I built just for them for when they married. So now I need to find a way to reset my knight to living in the barracks....

Any ideas? I have Grim's Core mod and that's it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Icos211
So using testingcheats I hit the "add to active household button", believing that it would add that hero to the list of those being used in the quest. Nope....
Instead it changed that hero's home to that of the spy(who was selected when I made this mistake). So now when I play with this hero and hit "go home", it sends him to the spy quarters. Now that I am trying to make he and the spy marry, the only option that comes up to either is to live in the spy quarters, instead of the lavishly decked out Barracks that I built just for them for when they married. So now I need to find a way to reset my knight to living in the barracks....

Any ideas? I have Grim's Core mod and that's it.

Adding to the active household adds the sim to the active sims household not the quest.
You can click them again and look for the function that removes him from the household and your knight should go back home. I can't remember off hand what the actual text is, but there is a way to remove them too.
Although if you married them and chose the spy's house already then that is now the knight's house. You could try divorcing them and see if the knight will go home that way, and then have them re-marry. If you divorce them and the knight remains at the spies house, then look for the function that will remove them from the active family.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 6:51 PM
I will look, thanks. But they have not been married now because of this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 8:57 PM
I couldn't find it.
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 1:06 PM
If you marry them, then annul the marriage straight after, it will remove the knight from the active family.
It will lower the realtionship a bit, but it shouldn't take long to get it back up again, then you should be able to re-marry and move into the barracks.
I tested it as far as making sure the knight goes home to the barracks not the castle, and that the option to add them to the active family returns, I forgot to try and re-marry them to ensure the barracks is an option on marriage. It should be though, since the barracks is once again considered home.