Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#51 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 11:07 PM
Derp, derp. I think I just realized what the issue is. Maybe. I have a deco rock under the bridge. I bet you that would do it!

I will drag that sucker out of the way and check again.

EDIT: Apparently, MYP is not working today. Hopefully when it comes back, the images will magically poof back into the thread, but in the meantime. Here's a link to the images on my tumblr.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 7:00 PM
Greeat
Massively useful

My brand new world is now fixed properly and function better. I've taken a look to the EA worlds and they were messed up with errors. Now I understand why this is a BIG BIG problem

Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 1:05 AM
Quick question. I understand that unconnected nodes need to be corrected, but I'm unclear on whether nodes connected to a single routing path are an issue or not? A node at the end of a single routing path, not connected to anything else, I mean.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 9:45 AM
They are only a small issue but if possible try to avoid them (especially in areas with more "traffic"). Sims sometimes are too stupid to turn around and go back, also the path can easily be blocked by another sim (stray dogs etc.). Horses very likely will get stuck on those, too
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#55 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:03 AM Last edited by heaven : 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:23 AM.
Necro'ing again. Quick someone alert the people in charge! (kidding, really though, no point in starting a new thread about the same stuff)

I realize it's been over a year since I posted. I fixed the rock under my bridge and thought nothing else of it. Until I did some playtesting again today and thought "hey, I should specifically test that". Well, what do you know? Sims still get stuck. Doesn't matter where on the bridge (it's not just where the rock was and I did rebuild routing data when I fixed it previously). It doesn't matter what side of the bridge they're walking on or if they're near the end or smack dab in the middle. If they stop on the bridge, they're stuck and nothing outside of teleporting them fixes it. Unlike other bridges, sims cannot be told to only go across halfway or else routing fails. Only way to get them to stop on the bridge is to cancel their 'go here' action while they're on the bridge where you want them (or cheat and teleport them, lol)

So I tested the covered bridge in Moonlight Falls. And it works fine. So something in my world data is causing this issue, I just can't figure out what.

This is the data for the working (uncovered) bridge - 2nd picture has terrain layer turned off too. The bulrush doesn't affect routing at all:

This is the data for the broken (covered) bridge:

I am utterly perplexed.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#56 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 3:37 PM
@heaven
The main bridge route spline (light blue) looks fine, but of course CAW doesn't show the pedestrian routing on the bridge. So my guess is that some of the riverbank routing is interfering. See how on the second image how some of the white routing points might potentially overlap the red outline of the bridge? Also, third picture, road junction on the left side of the image- what is that red square that is overlapping the sidewalk? A lamp post maybe?

As a test, I'd make a backup then remove all routing that is near the underside of the bridge on the riverbank, and also the item that's causing the red square. See if that helps. If not, you have the backup!
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 3:47 PM
I had trouble with this because the terrain slope was too steep in one point - something that would work fine everywhere else but all of a sudden it was too much. After I smoothed the terrain a bit it (where it slopes down to the riverbank) it worked fine.
Also, what simsample said about that single water connection.. Maybe the game wants so send them on a boat because it's possible (but of course not from the middle of the bridge). Hope any of this makes sense...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#58 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 5:05 PM
Yes, I found that too @Norn with the steepness.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#59 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 1:09 PM Last edited by heaven : 5th Dec 2017 at 1:43 AM.
Thanks for the help y'all. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. I made sure none of the white overlapped red, I've smoothed/raised the terrain so it's a gentler slope to the point that the terrain under the bridge is barely underwater at all, I've removed the crossing light (you can see it in the previous post under the spoiler). I even replaced the bridge entirely. Exported world still tests with the same issue. I'm not sure if maybe I'm just not smoothing in the right place but I'm afraid if I smooth much more, I'm just going to end up with dirt under there.

I did get a weird testing result...teleported my sim onto the bridge, then told her to 'go here'. She phased through the bridge to the ground below it, then ran up the (opposite) river bank and crossed the bridge. I can't recreate that though, lol. She can 'swim' by which I mean walk on water since the water is so shallow under the bridge. Not sure if I should be painting unroutable terrain under there?

Sidenote: I roll the worst sims to test stuff. When I was building my tombs, my random pudding tester rolled the Coward trait. This one has Hates the Outdoors.

Edit To Add:
I went back to the backup, tried a different method of smoothing (extending the roads and using the grade tool). Didn't work.

Out of sheer frustration, I replaced the wooden covered bridge with the flat bridge (the same as the other working bridge in the world) and, what do you know, it fucking works. (Sorry for the language but I am just so beyond frustrated). I tested that wooden bridge in Moonlight Falls to see if it was an issue and it worked fine there but, for some reason, it's not working in MY world. That covered bridge is a bit part of the aesthetic in this section of the world.

Pudding tester stopped to browse the web from the scenic location and then continued on her stroll with no issues.

I need a 'steam coming from ears' emoji.

SECOND EDIT:
I wanted the covered bridge. I really wanted it. So I decided I was just gonna put a notice on the world saying it was a known issue and advising people to use overwatch to reset sims. Deleted the flat bridge, put the wooden bridge back. Now it works.

Page 3 of 3