Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2013 at 2:57 AM
Default Editing moodlets and buffs
I'd like to add some more complicated tuning (trait scoring, etc.) onto a standard base game moodlet, and have a few basic questions.

1. Does anyone know what the "polarity overrides" on buffs are, or how they work? I can see that they're set to none by default, and that you can make them positive or negative by adding (or subtracting, if you want it neutral) the appropriate line in the buff XML file. But I don't know what polarity overrides mean, or how they work.

2. If you want to add trait scoring (or other tuning, but trait scoring is probably simplest) to a moodlet, what file do you need to edit/override? The moodlet file itself? I know that at least some moodlets are tied to or affected by traits, so this seems like it should be reasonably straightforward to do.

3. Is there a cleaner way to override/edit buffs than uploading the entire buff XML file with the appropriate edits? It seems like there should be (and that a more targeted approach would require less updating), based on things I've seen in more complex mods. The "whole list" approach clearly works (I've seen it in various tuning mods), and it's obvious, but I would be thrilled if someone can explain the better way.

I realize I'm a n00b when it comes to modding, but I'd like to learn to do things right, so help very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 6:29 PM
I know this is old, but...
Does someone know of a guide for editing buffs? I want to remove the Sugar Rush buff from the regular bar drinks.