Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 12:44 AM Last edited by hellykitten : 10th Jan 2014 at 4:30 AM.
Default My mesh looks like a mess when I load it to TSRW. Help? (solved)
So I'm really new to meshing, and I was following a video tutorial to learn how to combine two meshes. Everything seemed to be going smoothly this was how it looked in Milkshape...

But then when I tried to opened the file on tsrw it looked like this:

I don't know what went wrong or how to fix this and because I'm new to meshing I don't even know where to begin to look, it's probably something really simple that I'm over looking.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:15 AM
It looks like you need to renumber the verts, assign bones, or maybe both. I think TSRW automatically renumbers the verts for you, but you do have to do the bone assignments yourself. MeshToolKit will do it automatically. Don't panic, they're easy things to fix.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sciguy77
It looks like you need to renumber the verts, assign bones, or maybe both. I think TSRW automatically renumbers the verts for you, but you do have to do the bone assignments yourself. MeshToolKit will do it automatically.

okay I'll start from there, thank you so much!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 2:01 AM
No, you exceed the max ammount of joints that can be in one group.
Max limit is 60, your count is 61

It also seems like you have loaded the mesh twice? (in each group)....you need one mesh cut in half, each half loaded in a group.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 3:23 AM
Thanks for setting me straight Bloom. I didn't know the limit on bones per mesh group was 60, and I never noticed that TSRW gave a bone count. Learn something new every day --
I think I'll leave the forum responses to people that really know what they're going. I know I get frustrated when I get bad info, and I definitely don't want to be the one giving it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
No, you exceed the max ammount of joints that can be in one group.
Max limit is 60, your count is 61

It also seems like you have loaded the mesh twice? (in each group)....you need one mesh cut in half, each half loaded in a group.

Oh that did it

Thank you so much!
And don't feel bad sciguy I'm grateful that you tried to help anyways; I never heard of meshtoolkit before and I'm sure it will be handy in the future.