Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:35 PM
Default Mesh/Texture Problem
Hello,

I'm making a custom mermaid tail, and I've hit a snag. When I changed the height of the tail mesh (in milkshape), the pattern appears on part of the torso, and I've tried tweaking the mesh and the texture maps (in TSRW) and I can't get it to stop doing that.

(please see my picture for a better idea of what my problem is)

Help!
Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 12:34 PM
you need to update the uvmap of the mesh:

-in tsrw export the diffuse texture(right top drop down menu) in the texture tab.
-in milkshape, select all(faces), go to groupstab, click new material, click none, browse to the diffuse texture and assigne it to the mesh.
-vist the texture coordinater(window menu) and move the vertice coordinates till the pattern looks decent again.
Select the same ones(coordinates) of the vertice you moved on the mesh earlier
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
you need to update the uvmap of the mesh:

-in tsrw export the diffuse texture(right top drop down menu) in the texture tab.
-in milkshape, select all(faces), go to groupstab, click new material, click none, browse to the diffuse texture and assigne it to the mesh.
-vist the texture coordinater(window menu) and move the vertice coordinates till the pattern looks decent again.
Select the same ones(coordinates) of the vertice you moved on the mesh earlier

Thanks very much for the advice. I followed all of your steps (which actually will help me with another problem I've been having, so thank you!) but part of the texture still appears on the torso above...What else can I try?

Thanks!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 12:03 AM
you need to lower the coordinates of the bottompart and edit your texture according to the changes
now the top and bottompart overlap on the uvmap.
Here is a template you can use:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
you need to lower the coordinates of the bottompart and edit your texture according to the changes
now the top and bottompart overlap on the uvmap.
Here is a template you can use:

Thanks for the template, but it is in the proper area, and still the texture spills over onto the top
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 4:30 AM
Are you sure your UV doesn't spill over onto the top's UV?
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 12:15 PM
its either the uvcoordinates or the texture, compare em with the template.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
Are you sure your UV doesn't spill over onto the top's UV?

By UV do you mean the texture coordinate editor that BloomsBase explained earlier? This is what I see...
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToadShupak
By UV do you mean the texture coordinate editor that BloomsBase explained earlier? This is what I see...

Yes, but how does it compare to the top's UV?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 9:27 AM
@ToadShupak
• Make sure you are using the proper "PartMask"for a bottom, they differ for tops and bottoms
• Make sure sure the channels are activated according to your RGB Mask,
The channels are activated under [pattern] > Enabled True.

• Simply replacing the texture multiplier (aka diffuse map) under the [Texture] Tab isn't sufficient in most case you have to replace the diffuse map under [Mesh] Tab > Material > click on the [...] , chose the Diffuse Map and replace it with your Multiplier (they have different names which can lead to confusion but multiplier and diffuse maps in Sims3 are one and the same) by selecting the "Browse" Tab,
DO NOT load another one Although there is a fail safe that would ask you if you want to replace it ...

IF you need further assistance it is best if i look at your mesh UV's (in OBJ format or whatever else format you use), PM me if need be, I don't lurk the site much!

BobbyTH