Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 3:44 AM Last edited by sciguy77 : 15th Dec 2013 at 7:32 AM.
Default I Hate Normals
I noticed some shading lines appearing on a new body part in-game. After looking around at everything I could possibly think of, I happened to see the line in MilkShape totally by accident. Even though the normals look great on each mesh individually, when the fit and thin tops intersect each other the normals create a really ugly line. To solve it I copied the normal data vertex by stinking vertex from the base mesh onto the fit and thin ones. This isn't just a rant (it is a rant, but not JUST a rant), is there a way to copy the normal data by entire groups of vertices if each pair has matching numbers? The nude bodies have a very light region under the breasts I can't duplicate any other way. Seriously, what took a couple of hours could have been done with a single mouse click if there's something out there that lets us do that.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 1:58 PM
Toolkit has a Copy Data function in the GEOM tools that might help you; it copies whatever vertex data you choose from one mesh to another using either vertex ID or sequence in the mesh to match vertices.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 3:37 PM
I should have known there'd be something in ToolKit to do what I needed. There it is, plain as day -- a NORMALS checkbox. I'll be getting my money's worth out of that little gem. Thanks for the response, and a HUGE thanks for ToolKit. BEST. TOOL. EVER.