Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:18 AM Last edited by MittyMox : 30th Mar 2015 at 1:08 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC doesn't show up in Buy Mode
Hi I recently just downloaded all of my CC from my other computer and put it on my other laptop which is a windows 8. Everything works fine except for buy mode. None of the custom content shows up even though it says everything on the title screen. How do I fix this?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:33 AM
When you say that "it says everything on the title screen," do you mean that everything shows up in a list with a yellow triangle next to it and the game asks you if you want to allow it? If so, you need to change a setting in the Game Settings menu.

Go into the hood, and then go into the Game Settings menu. Choose the picture of a monitor, and then select "Catalogs Display Custom Content". You'll also want to turn off "Display Custom Content Message at Startup?" Go into a lot -- any lot -- and save the game. Quit the game completely. When you load the game again, your cc should be there.

Just saying "Yes" to the list with the yellow triangles doesn't turn things on in the catalog. The good news is, you only have to do this once.

If that's not what you meant, what did you mean?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
When you say that "it says everything on the title screen," do you mean that everything shows up in a list with a yellow triangle next to it and the game asks you if you want to allow it? If so, you need to change a setting in the Game Settings menu.

Go into the hood, and then go into the Game Settings menu. Choose the picture of a monitor, and then select "Catalogs Display Custom Content". You'll also want to turn off "Display Custom Content Message at Startup?" Go into a lot -- any lot -- and save the game. Quit the game completely. When you load the game again, your cc should be there.

Just saying "Yes" to the list with the yellow triangles doesn't turn things on in the catalog. The good news is, you only have to do this once.

If that's not what you meant, what did you mean?
oh yes sorry, no it doesn't have a yellow triangle but I'll try that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:41 AM
The yellow triangle only show up next to certain mods that change game behavior, so it won't always show.

Also, if enabling and restarting doesn't work the first time, try again. Sometimes the game can be a bit slow in realizing it's supposed to show the CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The yellow triangle only show up next to certain mods that change game behavior, so it won't always show.

Also, if enabling and restarting doesn't work the first time, try again. Sometimes the game can be a bit slow in realizing it's supposed to show the CC.
I got it thank you