Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:47 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Sep 2018 at 10:46 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time
Default Want Slots Blank?? (Minor)
I have encountered this bug shortly after I installed some CC furniture. After I took it out, the bug still persists, but lasts for a second for two. It seems to only be on premades so far. What can I do to resolve it?

EDIT: I read that this can sometimes be a sign of hood corruption. I haven't had any weird wants like toddlers getting a want for a date or to go steady.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
I have encountered this bug shortly after I installed some CC furniture. After I took it out, the bug still persists, but lasts for a second for two. It seems to only be on premades so far. What can I do to resolve it?

EDIT: I read that this can sometimes be a sign of hood corruption. I haven't had any weird wants like toddlers getting a want for a date or to go steady.

Hood corruption can exist in seen and unseen ways.
Hoodchecker is a good thing to start with.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:38 PM
It's not a sign of hood corruption. Blank want slots are normal. They will re-roll eventually (or if you do something like take the sim on a date).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 5:49 PM
If you mod your game, Pescado’s Batbox at MATY lets you reroll a Sim’s wants and can fix other things.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

Select your highest EP (if it’s Mansions and Gardens or Ultimate Collection, select AL)

Then go to the hacks directory and select ffsdebugger.zip

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 10:49 PM
@STS3388 Sorry, I accidentally clicked edit on your post rather than reply and may have removed some text. I tried to put it back. I shouldn't post first thing-again sorry for any inconvenience.

I was just coming to say that you will only get adult wants on toddlers as a sign of corruption if you have deleted adult sims. it's the adult sims data attaching itself to the toddler that causes adult wants.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 1:30 PM
I've experienced issues with blank want slots on several bin family sims, mostly the Newsons. Sometimes one of their slots will just be blank all the time, not even refreshing their wants helps. It disappears the next time I start the game, and HoodChecker never finds anything out of the ordinary, so I doubt it's anything bad. If your issue is similar, you can probably ignore it too.