Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#8226 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 8:16 AM
Good chapter, Nat :D

Look like we're about to get some action soon ^^

And yeah, Hazel better warn her father, so he'll get more prepared to confront Abraxas even if his plan to not wait for too long is a good one since it won't leave too much time for the other to prepare too ^^

I wonder what Indigo's plan is, but right, the wedding is a distracting thing ^^
Advertisement
Scholar
#8227 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Nat 619 : 3rd Aug 2019 at 12:54 PM.

Wow, guys. Where to even start?

There goes five years of my life. 2nd August 2014, I was nineteen and had just finished my first year of university. TS4 was just on the horizon, being its disappointing self. Instead of buying it, I got reading this thread and became inspired by all of the stories that came before I did. I'll admit, I did not expect to still be at this. I think my glacial pacing has a lot to do with that, and I sure hope that all this time later, Tate and co manage to still be interesting and not overplayed.

Thanks to everyone who has ever rated or commented on my posts. It's really encouraging to see, especially in the form of comments. I can't stress enough how much I love getting comments! So a special thank you to @linesa for commenting on every post, to @Ghost sdoj, @TigerAnne, @Elynda, @Lady Chaos, @Rinthia, @A_Visionary, @meowcatmeowkitty for your support. @Umbracide and @OliverGetYourPen, I hope I see you around again. (Sorry if I forgot anyone!) But the most special thanks goes to @BL00DIEDHELL, for being a fantastic friend all this time, for encouraging me in all that I do and for helping me make all this happen.

Probably one reason there is less activity here is because of Discord, and I can't make it clearer: whether you've commented or you just lurk, you're welcome to come to our server. Just tell me and I can PM an invite!

I don't have a proper update for you. Instead, I thought about what might happen in an alternate universe...

Mad Poster
#8228 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
But the most special thanks goes to @BL00DIEDHELL, for being a fantastic friend all this time, for encouraging me in all that I do and for helping me make all this happen.

hnnnnggggg <3 <3 <3 <3

Congrats on the five years!

and lmao that was a fantastic post, but I have one small observation to make...

Scholar
#8229 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 8:33 AM
Instructor
#8230 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 9:13 AM
Congrats on the 5 years, Nat :D

And I enjoyed this little "what if" :D

The characters look really good :D
Mad Poster
#8231 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
LMAO that's an insult to... yeah, I don't know which one.

lmao I found myself thinking the same thing, tbh.
Lab Assistant
#8232 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 3:23 AM
Always glad to be here for ya, Nat! I've been a bit too busy irl to reply, but I make sure to read whenever I can!
The Abraxas-Miles showdown should be interesting. I'm rooting for Miles, of course :v

I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
Mad Poster
#8233 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A_Visionary
I'm rooting for Miles, of course :v

Poor Abraxas! What did he ever do to deserve that?

Other than... all the stuff we can immediately think of :v
Scholar
#8234 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I have one small observation to make..

I want you all to know this wasn't intentional, but damn it happened anyway.
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
LMAO that's an insult to... yeah, I don't know which one.

Me neither, honestly.
Quote: Originally posted by linesa
Congrats on the 5 years, Nat :D

And I enjoyed this little "what if" :D

The characters look really good :D

Thanks! I had fun designing them. Though I was worried I wouldn't make the deadline. Fortunately not a problem in the end.
Quote: Originally posted by A_Visionary
Always glad to be here for ya, Nat! I've been a bit too busy irl to reply, but I make sure to read whenever I can!
The Abraxas-Miles showdown should be interesting. I'm rooting for Miles, of course :v

Thanks! I imagine Team Abraxas is very small if not non-existent. Team Miles is a strange place to be but hey, it's appropriate if one of two people are the opposing side.
Scholar
#8235 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:30 PM
Team Miles is a strange place to be but hey, it's appropriate if one of two people are the opposing side.

There are three psycho villains in this story, and only one of them is the type to tell his child that he loves her.
Spice Pony
#8236 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 9:48 PM
So, folks. It's been a while. I'm not caught up, and in fact, haven't even read any of the current page, so apologies if this is a bad time. At this point, though, I think I've moved from hiatus to "shelved indefinitely", for all of my sims projects. I really hate to say that, but it's been ages, I haven't been able to motivate myself to catch up on goings-on in the thread, and I know there's been a lot of drama here. I'm not sure how many of my files I still even have, as there have been a couple of computer moves in the time since I've left, and the fact remains that I don't have a whole lot of time; for one thing, I do have other writing projects I'm working on. So, I would really hate to not give any closure to my writing, so I was thinking of posting three separate posts, detailing my in-depth story plans for my superhero series and both phase one and phase two of the Plumthorpe Files. Expect those soon, unless anything unexpectedly changes.

.هذا توقيعي
Scholar
#8237 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:49 AM
Hey, welcome back Ewenk I shall look forward to reading those posts. As you know I'm a big fan of the Plumthorpes and I just love comic superheroes, the sillier the better.

As for me, it's been particularly hard for me to get back into things recently, my heart hasn't really been in it, tbh, But I've not given up on it, I've plenty of ideas for future chapters (and even done some work on them) but the present chapter is proving rather more difficult than usual. But I'm soldiering on with it, and hope to have it ready soon.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#8238 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:27 PM
Mad Poster
#8239 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ewenk7
So, folks. It's been a while. I'm not caught up, and in fact, haven't even read any of the current page, so apologies if this is a bad time. At this point, though, I think I've moved from hiatus to "shelved indefinitely", for all of my sims projects. I really hate to say that, but it's been ages, I haven't been able to motivate myself to catch up on goings-on in the thread, and I know there's been a lot of drama here. I'm not sure how many of my files I still even have, as there have been a couple of computer moves in the time since I've left, and the fact remains that I don't have a whole lot of time; for one thing, I do have other writing projects I'm working on. So, I would really hate to not give any closure to my writing, so I was thinking of posting three separate posts, detailing my in-depth story plans for my superhero series and both phase one and phase two of the Plumthorpe Files. Expect those soon, unless anything unexpectedly changes.

Hey! It's great to see you again.

Don't worry about having to shelf your stories, we understand. Sometimes shit just gets in the way. I'm looking forward to your explanation posts! Take care of yourself. :3

Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
As for me, it's been particularly hard for me to get back into things recently, my heart hasn't really been in it, tbh, But I've not given up on it, I've plenty of ideas for future chapters (and even done some work on them) but the present chapter is proving rather more difficult than usual. But I'm soldiering on with it, and hope to have it ready soon.

Take your time! Hoping it'll start getting easier for you soon but yeah, don't rush on our account.

As for me, I'm still working on my own next update, but should hopefully be just a few more days until it's done.
Spice Pony
#8240 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 3:07 AM
Honestly, I would love to go back and read some of my old work first, but I'm a little terrified of seeing how bad the formatting was early on.

.هذا توقيعي
Mad Poster
#8241 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 4:58 PM
Do it! You can see where you've improved!
Scholar
#8242 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ewenk7

Hey, thanks for coming back, even if it's only temporary Your stories were fun. It'll be cool to find out what the intended ending was.

Also I am very late with this. Also also, the new character in this isn't mine.

Mad Poster
#8243 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:32 PM
Hnnggg Edward bby is okay <3333

Also also, the new character in this isn't mine.

eyyyy here we go

Meet Aeshma the Romantic.

While he's not related to Rikard, Hazel or Aosoth, he - quite obviously - is aligned with them, as part of the demon group Miles fell into when he met Rikard and Aosoth.

Unlike Rikard the Destroyer, and Aosoth the Relentless, Aeshma's title is more irony than a description. His "role" is basically to flit from woman to woman, spreading his seed and siring as many half demon offspring as he can with the intention of a future demonic conquest of SimNation. So he's probably got about as many notches on his bedpost as Tate.

...Don't tell him that, though.
Spice Pony
#8244 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 7:34 PM
Ooh, nice character design.

Come to think of it, though, for Plumthorpe, my plans were so extensive and detailed that I could probably stretch out the posts for quite a while, especially if I brought out concept work and background and development discussion.

.هذا توقيعي
Mad Poster
#8245 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:37 PM
Thanks!

And ooh, that sounds interesting. If you've got the time/motivation for it, seeing concept and background stuff would be great.
Spice Pony
#8246 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 5:30 AM
Guys, wow. I don't know. I'm going to need some time to think about this. Going back over my old posts, I've gotten genuinely into the intrigue. I had so much planned, you guys. So many characters and plots. I really don't want to abandon it, even to summarize it in brief. But I don't know how I can realistically continue my material, either. The sheer time commitment aside, all my files are on my old computer, which is a nightmare to start up and use. I'm not sure how I'd do it. I could start from scratch, but that would be nigh-impossible for Plumthorpe, since I had so much work invested into building. I could write them in literary form, I suppose, maybe on AO3 or something. The problems:

-I don't know if anyone would actually be interested in that.
-The visual design work is one of the strengths of my projects.

Plus, in the case of Plumthorpe, I actually have a Spiritual Successor I'm in the early stages of developing already, an original series of pulpy steampunk adventure novels. I would be repeating a lot of territory. I could do a continuity reboot, especially for the superhero stories, since they were a few storylines away from getting super dark, but I would hate to just abandon some of the Plumthorpe plot developments.

Meanwhile, there's stuff I'd do differently. I feel like my handling of mental health topics could have been better in the past in general (and I'm not even sure what that would mean for a character like Simplicio). If I were writing the unreleased Plumthorpe Atlantis trilogy now, I'd do it almost totally differently, simply because I've become aware of alternate hypotheses that are more compelling than the ones I was working with.

Ugh, there's so much, and this thread was super-important to me for several years. I invested a lot of time, and even actual money, into some of this work. I don't want to throw it all away, but at the same time, I can't imagine continuing any of it, really.

I have a lot to think about.

.هذا توقيعي
Instructor
#8247 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 8:32 PM
I enjoyed this chapter as usual, Nat :D

And Aeshma is a cool character, Bloo :D

I wish you good luck with your project, ewenk, it sound like quite a big one ^^
Scholar
#8248 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 10:05 AM
@ewenk As far as anybody being interested goes: I certainly would be, and I think I can say the same for most of the regulars on this thread.

I know, all too well, the perils of setting oneself ambitious goals: I've set myself some doozies, and if I'm ever to to bring my plodding tale to its 'grand apotheosis', I'm going to have to face the fact - there's only so much you can do with TS3. So, I'm the last person to advise you. That said, I'm sure that (as before) whatever you produce will boggle all our boggle-able bits as few have been boggled before.

And, for the superheroes: Reboots seem to be all part and parcel of the DC/Marvel universes these days. Satirizing that aspect of the genre would be fun.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#8249 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 1:42 PM
Poor Edward. I hope Austin and (especially) Abraxas get what they deserve, though. And when Aeshma asked if he should bring one of Abraxas' fingers, I was hoping "finger" was a euphemism. But I'm disappointed in Rikard for his terrible taste in music. (His dialogue becomes extremely funny when you know what his voice sounds like. I have to read it "aloud" in my head now.)
Spice Pony
#8250 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM
Okay, I've reached a decision on the super heroes, at least. The story was ultimately going to go in a really dark direction, as I implied, and I don't really want to write that. Furthermore, the current story arc, while it would provide an effective resolution, would have changed everything, so I'm going to post my story notes starting with it. If I choose to make more in the future, it would be a reboot, probably one that keeps a much lighter tone than things were supposed to turn to. So, without further ado, I present the first of three story note posts for the adventures of Simplicio Scumthorpe:

.هذا توقيعي
Page 330 of 332