Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#201 Old 4th May 2013 at 8:54 PM
It should have a world editor ship with the game ON DISK, or at least provide players with a bunch of empty worlds to build with themselves.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#202 Old 7th May 2013 at 4:15 AM
Default Off-topic...
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
TS4 will have online features.. it's just going to.

Hopefully, however, EA will be smart enough to have an offline-only mode.
(I'll tell you one thing, though - the Modding Community for Sims will crack any online-only limitation faster than they can imagine; have no worries.)

Petchy, if you look anything like your Sim avatar, you are one hot guy ;-) Sorry, totally off-topic but I've wanted to say it for a while now.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#203 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:47 AM
something makes me think they won't have the game available on cd's. just on download through origin or whatever.
Scholar
#204 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It should have a world editor ship with the game ON DISK, or at least provide players with a bunch of empty worlds to build with themselves.

Better yet, add the ability to edit roads/sidewalks/lot sizes/etc in-game, so as they add EPs and SPs you can edit your town(s) to accept the new lot types.

Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
something makes me think they won't have the game available on cd's. just on download through origin or whatever.

EA has already stated publicly their goal to have all games as Origin install only.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#205 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:17 AM
^Oh, I've always wanted in in game path tool. Creating a terrain path is cute, but having something Sims can walk on and follow is just great.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#206 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:21 PM

If I'm forced into Origin, there's a problem
Test Subject
#207 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:45 PM
They are really, really going to have to upgrade the routing for us to be able to use an in-game world editor without breaking the game.
Mad Poster
#208 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:51 PM
i swear, they do want to force people onto origin. someone else already mentioned it would save them money because they have to pay retailers to sell their game. and of course, the production costs would be lower. no need for printing copies of the cases and the cover pictures.
Scholar
#209 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:27 PM
Grrr, Origin.....!!!
Me hates that thing...

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#210 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:35 PM
Origin? Welp, that's it for me. I don't want that piece of malware on my system and I can't be doing without an actual, physical disk. In ten years time, if I want to play TS2 again, I can dig out my disks and reinstall over and over and over. Can I do that with a digital download in ten years? I have no idea because I've never purchased a digital download game. I have no idea if I can burn the game to disk or if there's a limit on how many time I can download it or if they can wipe it from their servers in ten years or what.

In short: NOPE.
Instructor
#211 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I have no idea if I can burn the game to disk or if there's a limit on how many time I can download it or if they can wipe it from their servers in ten years or what.

While I'm not hesitant to rag on Origin, that sounds like a case of ignorance on your part, not a failing of Origin.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Mad Poster
#212 Old 7th May 2013 at 10:04 PM
Origin? I still have EADM. I haven't opened it in years. (Yes, I patch infrequently because I don't play TS3 that often).

You should be able to choose whether, when loading a new, empty world, to go into a mode where you can lay the roads and shit yourself (available after you're done all this too, like an Edit World button, which allows you to expand your map by adding new roads and sculpting your terrain) or just to work with a premade set of roads.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#213 Old 7th May 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Origin? I still have EADM. I haven't opened it in years. (Yes, I patch infrequently because I don't play TS3 that often).

You should be able to choose whether, when loading a new, empty world, to go into a mode where you can lay the roads and shit yourself (available after you're done all this too, like an Edit World button, which allows you to expand your map by adding new roads and sculpting your terrain) or just to work with a premade set of roads.

So, in short you want the create-a-world tool to be included in the base game rather than being a seporate thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#214 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:38 AM
i swear, they do want to force people onto origin. someone else already mentioned it would save them money because they have to pay retailers to sell their game. and of course, the production costs would be lower. no need for printing copies of the cases and the cover pictures.

I'm not about to condemn any company for trying to save money as long as their not doing it by selling an inferior product. It's gotten a lot harder to turn a profit on games these days. Back in the 8-bit era, a small team could easily make a good game in less than a year. Today, it can take up to two or three years for a team of more than one hundred people to make one game. On top of that, there's companies like Gamestop that buy used games for less than ten bucks and then resells them for five bucks less than they were brand new. Not that I'm against Gamestop or buying used games, I just think that if you by a used game just to save a couple of bucks, you're not only cheap, but an idiot; and Gamestop needs to realize that.

Besides, when it comes to PC games, I prefer to download them whenever possible anyway. Sometimes you can get a pretty good deal off of sites such as Steam or Origin. About a month ago I bought Tropico 4 and all of its DLC and expansion packs for less than ten bucks. Also, since I can't trade in PC games at Gamestop like I can with video games, the games I don't play anymore just start cluttering up the place after a while.
Mad Poster
#215 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
So, in short you want the create-a-world tool to be included in the base game rather than being a seporate thing.

Well, not exactly CAW. More just laying roads, putting in pathways, placing empty lots, etc, maybe some light terrain sculpting, creating ponds, etc. But nothing like layers. I want to be able to start my city with dirt roads in the middle of a forest clearing, just a small village, and then I could upgrade my roads later on and expand the streets, clear out some trees, make some walking/jogging/bike trails, etc.

CAW to me is creating the entire world from scratch - hills, valleys, layers (shudders, all that hooplah. Here, you'd be handed a premade terrain that you can grow your city into. I just want the ability to be able to expand instead of having my space restricted to whatever the map came with.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#216 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:26 AM
I really hope that the next step is to concoct a game that's not brimming with glitches. The Sims 3 is still an underdeveloped game. What happened to the werewolf glitch fix? The routing fixes? The clipping of certain clothing items and objects fix? The excessive attraction system? There are still some major issues going on the third game, and they're still going to announce the Sims 4? It just doesn't seem like a very good impression to start on...

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Mad Poster
#217 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
While I'm not hesitant to rag on Origin, that sounds like a case of ignorance on your part, not a failing of Origin.

I've never had any reason so far to learn about Origin but OK, fine, I went and had a look at the FAQ. And while they say the game is yours forever, I don't trust them to mean it (especially not after hearing them threaten to close the accounts of people who brought SimCity and wanted refunds and had to do credit card chargebacks to get them) and there doesn't appear to be any legitimate way of backing up games onto disk. None are mentioned in the FAQ. It does appear to be possible... but it also appears to be a major PITA.

So again, NOPE.
Page 9 of 9