Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 7:55 AM
What is your MBTI?
Remember if you get a type and it's profile sounds nothing like you then you should retest yourself. Remember to also answer honestly.

I have tested INTJ since first taking the test at around 15 years old until present day at 23 years old.

I'd like to hear from MTS members on their type and see if I guess anyone accurately.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 8:18 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 10th Dec 2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Don't call me Shirley.
I am INTP. I had never taken the test before, but it seems moderately accurate. For me, anyhow.

Introvert (64%) Intuitive (57%) Thinking (52%) Perceiving (76%) - Architect.

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 8:32 AM
Mind if I ask WTF you guys are talking about?

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Inventor
#4 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 8:36 AM
It's a personality test. I had a WTF moment too when I first read the thread and then looked it up.

I took it here: http://digitalcitizen.ca/2011/02/20...rs-briggs-test/ (It's in Excel spreadsheet format).

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 9:20 AM
INTP

Intorvert (64%) Intuitive (57%) Thinking (52%) Perceiving (62%) It seems very accurate. Though the last sentance is iffy I am fine following others, but I do have no interest in leading anyone.

-thanks gigarevival.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
INTP

Intorvert (64%) Intuitive (57%) Thinking (52%) Perceiving (62%) It seems very accurate. Though the last sentance is iffy I am fine following others, but I do have no interest in leading anyone.

-thanks gigarevival.

Got that as well (architect).

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 9:54 AM
@GigaRevival no wonder we think alike. And accord to that were supposed to be at the lower end of the population. 0_o

Inventor
#8 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 10:32 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 10th Dec 2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
We (supposedly) relish in our rarity... :cylon: <---When did we get this?! I'm oblivious.

Although, considering there's three people now with INTP; I don't think we're as rare as it says. Unless we all congregate here (plausible). ; )

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
We (supposedly) relish in our rarity... :cylon: <---When did we get this?! I'm oblivious.

Although, considering there's three people now with INTP; I don't think we're as rare as it says. Unless we all congregate here (plausible). ; )

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:34 AM
I guess people really like to categorize themselves. I, personally, have never found Myers-Briggs particularly convincing and there is an awful lot of academic criticism of the system. Personally speaking, my main problem is that I have never tried the test and got the same result. In particular, you can't predict my I-E score if I take a test. It doesn't come out the same most of the time even if I take the exactly SAME test more than once. I do have a complex personality (the result of a difficult life) but I still think Myers-Briggs is too simplistic to adequately describe the richness of experience, response and behaviour of any human life.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:40 AM
o.O

This test was spot on and even gave me my current position.

Extravert 82%
Sensing 76%
Thinking 62%
Judging 62%

Apparently I'm a guardian and my best position is a supervisor. Sweet bro, I couldn't have imagined that.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I guess people really like to categorize themselves. I, personally, have never found Myers-Briggs particularly convincing and there is an awful lot of academic criticism of the system. Personally speaking, my main problem is that I have never tried the test and got the same result. In particular, you can't predict my I-E score if I take a test. It doesn't come out the same most of the time even if I take the exactly SAME test more than once. I do have a complex personality (the result of a difficult life) but I still think Myers-Briggs is too simplistic to adequately describe the richness of experience, response and behaviour of any human life.

Hey there! I'm sure we all have variegated personalities as well, and also we're not wee stupid fellows who because we take a test, are ready to be slightly demeaned by you. The test is simply an attempt to describe what you give it, not something that force feeds you. Please do not use your method of dismissing peoples' intelligence based upon their activities. And, please, do not use your instructor position for bragging rights.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
Hey there! I'm sure we all have variegated personalities as well, and also we're not wee stupid fellows who because we take a test, are ready to be slightly demeaned by you. The test is simply an attempt to describe what you give it, not something that force feeds you. Please do not use your method of dismissing peoples' intelligence based upon their activities.

Science is never perfect, and it is usually a trail and error process in the steps to understand the situation. Sure the test may or may not change with retakes. But same goes for other scientific tests. If there was a perfect test like this we'd be able to pick out murders, and other criminals before they commited their first crimes.

It is just another test to take to try to understand the human mind.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Science is never perfect, and it is usually a trail and error process in the steps to understand the situation. Sure the test may or may not change with retakes. But same goes for other scientific tests. If there was a perfect test like this we'd be able to pick out murders, and other criminals before they commited their first crimes.

It is just another test to take to try to understand the human mind.

Yeah. Scientific tests have to be retaken countless times to see whether or not they are true, and people still use them. Unlike maxon, I don't see much of a problem with that.

Scholar
#15 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 12:22 PM
Yeah. Scientific tests have to be retaken countless times to see whether or not they are true, and people still use them. Unlike maxon, I don't see much of a problem with that.

Take the test a few times, find the adverage response to each and there you go.

Some people believe zodiacs to explain who we are. It's kind of true. I'm a tarous born in the year of the dog and I'm a stubborn bitch.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 12:32 PM
I liked the test. I thought it was an improvement over that weird metaphysical Michaelist test I remember seeing before somewhere. Oh, and you must be either in the water or wood year, which goes with your dislike of being the leader statement earlier. These zodiacs and tests do describe something.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:12 PM
I remember taking a M.B. test years ago and thought the results fit mostly. It basically said that I'm weird which is why no one can understand me. Now I can't find it (the results, that is). I wonder if you might get different results from different test givers? Or perhaps, because it can't capture all aspects of the personality, it might give some people different results at different times. In other words, "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 3:12 PM
Introvert 82%
iNtutive 95%
Feeling 90%
Percieving 52%

i'm an idealist by nature
my sybolic name is healer
and i'd be talented writer
and my personality matches are ENFJ Teacher and ESFJ Provider

i totaly am a tallented writer, and an idealist.....this is scary lolz
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 6:05 PM
Hey there! I'm sure we all have variegated personalities as well, and also we're not wee stupid fellows who because we take a test, are ready to be slightly demeaned by you. The test is simply an attempt to describe what you give it, not something that force feeds you. Please do not use your method of dismissing peoples' intelligence based upon their activities. And, please, do not use your instructor position for bragging rights.

Um - at what point did I demean you or anyone else's personality and/or intelligence? My comments were about the limitations of the test and my personal experiences with it. In that way, my comments were no different than anyone else's except my assessment is negative rather than positive. My final comment was that I didn't think the test could represent the richness of any human personality.

What instructor position? <puzzled> And how did I use that for bragging rights? <even more puzzled>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#20 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 6:31 PM
I typically test as INTJ, but I have a bit of wobble in everything but introversion-extroversion. I am strongly introverted - I've learned how to interact confidently with others, but that doesn't change the fact that I find interaction with anyone other than one or two close friends draining. I prefer to have an empirical basis for knowledge, but I tend toward speculation, so I land closer to intuition. I am much more swayed by fact, but can be empathetic when dealing with certain types of social interaction, which gives me some wobble in the other two categories.

Ultimately, I agree with Maxon that the test is limited in its use. I think it can be fun to see how well or poorly a test pegs you, but counting on it religiously to know exactly what sort of person you are is an error.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 6:35 PM
I'm classified as an INFJ - which is a teacher, but then again, I'm not a big a fan of teaching anything, soooo.... Think what you want, to me, this test is just a ton of bull.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Alchemist
#22 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 10:28 PM
I got INTP. What can I say, this test was a real English lesson to me. I totally thought I knew this language better, but nevertheless. Anyway, the results fit me quite well.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:47 PM
Guys, let's not argue about whether this test has applicable use for anyone. It's not meant for that but to merely give greater insight into how you prefer to function. It's a personal thing and if someone disagrees with it having a use for them. That's fine too.

Having said that, the psychology this test is based on, function theory, is a real thing. No one is 100% any mbti type because no one relies stereotypically on the functions in the same way. However, that's why it's important to keep retaking the test. Or if the test doesn't work for you then figure out your dominant function and from there determine your type. Again, they are only guidelines. Usually fairly accurate but nonetheless still guidelines.

Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival

INXX types are more common on the internet. It's easy to figure out why. The extroverted sensor types dominate the real world.
Scholar
#24 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:50 PM
Meh. There were plenty of questions that I wanted to answer as "both", "sometimes" or "neither". I forgot what my letter thing was (I think it was INFP), but it essentially said that I'm an introverted healer type person that should either be a teacher or a provider.

I'm not quite sure what a "provider" is supposed to be. Is that just.. any job ever?

That said, I guess it was a bit accurate I'm generally introverted, but it seems that the vast majority of you guys are too. I don't think I could get a good enough answer no matter how many times I take the test. Two answers to very general questions aren't enough for me.

edit:

I can see how the test has it merits, but at least for me, I can get a more accurate look at myself and my personality on my own.

It passed the time.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:54 PM
I'm thinking you guys should look at a different sites description because that one seems a bit sparse on the details.

http://typelogic.com/
That one has good descriptions.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Decent test.
Page 1 of 3