Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Best_Leopard : 5th Oct 2014 at 12:16 AM.
The Disagree Button
The disagree button: beloved and reviled in equal measures, source of much drama and angst, chosen weapon of the MTS warrior. Have you ever looked at the bottom of your post and wondered, Why so many disagrees? Oh, fickle, senseless world, nothing in my post is wrong!

Well, dear readers, despair in your ignorance no longer! Your days of wondering are at an end. Witness the disagree button's secrets revealed my all-new poll. Choose as many answers as you like, and be honest!

Please follow the link above to respond and see results. To pique your interest, however, the response options are:
* I disagree with the main point your post.
* Something in your post is factually untrue.
* You said you feel a certain way. I feel the opposite.
* Your avatar is giving me a headache.
* Something about your tone is annoying me.
* Your post is too long, a text wall, or otherwise terribly formatted.
* Your picture or .gif is broken. This makes me sad.
* I'm offended by something you said and/or the way you said it.
* I'm pretty sure you broke a site rule, but I'm clicking this instead of "report."
* You may have made an excellent point, but your spelling or grammar sent me into a blind fury.
* I'm pretending this button says "dislike."
* I disagree so often with you in this forum that it's become a habit.
* Your emoticons are out of control. Stop it!
* I see you have an overwhelming number of agrees. I feel an inexplicable urge to balance this out.
* Your post is fine, I just don't like you.
* Oooooo.... pretty red button! Must click! O_O

Enjoy!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 8:47 PM
Hehe! Someone, quick, sticky this!
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 8:47 PM
Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all ! :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:02 AM
Please feel free to also post more disagree lore. I've heard some great quotes around here regarding jelly beans. Also, there seems to be a strange, magnetic power to them: If you mention the disagrees, they will certainly come pouring in. :D

Also, I know there's an "Other" category on the poll, but I'm curious: Is there anything else you commonly mean when you click "disagree" that I didn't think of?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 6:55 PM
it's funny how all the comment have 4 disagrees on it
i'm gonna make the comment have five disagrees.

reason:
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard

you're welcome
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:26 PM
@Best_Leopard I hardly press the disagree button, but your post is asking for it
Hehe
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:37 PM
I disagree with everyone. I am disagreeable.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:49 PM
Want to know the funniest/saddest part of this? The first time I logged on after making the original post, it had 3 disagrees. My very first, split-second, brainless reaction was "They don't like my poll? "

...and then I realized, No, stupid Leopard! It's a post about disagrees!

Just goes to show you the terrible, seductive powers of the disagree.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:58 AM
Want to know the funniest/saddest part of this? The first time I logged on after making the original post, it had 3 disagrees. My very first, split-second, brainless reaction was "They don't like my poll? "

...and then I realized, No, stupid Leopard! It's a post about disagrees!

Just goes to show you the terrible, seductive powers of the disagree.

This thread has a big target on it for troll disagree clicking. See that? I even just disagreed with myself!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
This thread has a big target on it for troll disagree clicking. See that? I even just disagreed with myself!

Just to be really disagreeable, I agreed with your post. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:59 PM
@Best_Leopard

now that you have made a thread about the Disagree button
you should make a thread about the agree button
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:12 PM
Shiny RED button!!! MUST PUSH!!!

(Never let me near the one at the White House, lol!)

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Theorist
#13 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 9:11 PM
Screenshots
Theorist
#14 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka

Mmmm...jelly beans.

No fair! We need a 'bacon' button. We should also have a 'LULZ' button even though there isn't one in the picture.
Banned
#15 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 10:02 PM
I was stalked on a WCIF with these. 2 stalkers always disagreed my posts in that WCIF for no reason.

I will find you, and I will release the mods on you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 10:14 PM
I didn't see this in the original OP....if you comment on your disagrees, you are asking for more disagrees.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 10:16 PM
There is another thread about the pretty buttons, and how they are just WRONG for the "tell me you troubles" threads. So when somebody tells about an unhappy thing, what can you push? Funny? NO! Love? I love you're having shit? So no. Agree? I agree you're having shit, having a breakdown, got a terrible medical problem, got your heart broken..."agree" sounds like you deserved it-? or I'm glad.. And disagree is just as vague...

I shall now rate my own post..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
now that you have made a thread about the Disagree button
you should make a thread about the agree button

I think I should do a series -- one for each button.

Quote: Originally posted by sydsyrious
I didn't see this in the original OP....if you comment on your disagrees, you are asking for more disagrees.

You're right. I think I mentioned it in post #4, but it might have gotten lost in all the chatter.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
There is another thread about the pretty buttons, and how they are just WRONG for the "tell me you troubles" threads. So when somebody tells about an unhappy thing, what can you push? Funny? NO! Love? I love you're having shit? So no. Agree? I agree you're having shit, having a breakdown, got a terrible medical problem, got your heart broken..."agree" sounds like you deserved it-? or I'm glad.. And disagree is just as vague...

Exactly! And this phenomenon is kind of why I wanted to make the poll. It's meant to be fun and a bit satirical, but also to remind people that it's dangerous to take the buttons literally. For example, sometimes love means "I love the thing you just talked about." Other times, it means "I'm sending you love, since it sounds like you need it."
Theorist
#19 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:15 AM
Yeah. I mostly just treat any Disagrees I get as "I'm too stupid to write an actual rebuttal to something you've said," or "You suck and I hate you, despite not being able to prove you wrong."

I like Disagrees. Disagrees are delicious.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:37 AM Last edited by happycowlover : 7th Oct 2014 at 9:56 PM.
My reasons.

Quote:
* I disagree with the main point your post.
* Something in your post is factually untrue.
* You said you feel a certain way. I feel the opposite.

* Your avatar is giving me a headache.
* Something about your tone is annoying me.
* Your post is too long, a text wall, or otherwise terribly formatted.

* Your picture or .gif is broken. This makes me sad.
* I'm offended by something you said and/or the way you said it.
* I'm pretty sure you broke a site rule, but I'm clicking this instead of "report."
* You may have made an excellent point, but your spelling or grammar sent me into a blind fury.
* I'm pretending this button says "dislike."

* I disagree so often with you in this forum that it's become a habit.
* Your emoticons are out of control. Stop it!
* I see you have an overwhelming number of agrees. I feel an inexplicable urge to balance this out.
* Your post is fine, I just don't like you.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
I will find you, and I will release the mods on you.

The mods? As in a custom made ferocious dog, a custom made monster Sim, or a custom made Terminator Servo?
Scholar
#22 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:29 AM
The disagree button: beloved and reviled in equal measures, source of much drama and angst, chosen weapon of the MTS warrior. Have you ever looked at the bottom of your post and wondered, Why so many disagrees? Oh, fickle, senseless world, nothing in my post is wrong!

How about choosing Disagree because poster is a lamoid jabronie that actually cares some people disagreed with their post.

There's no one reason I would disagree with a post. They could be factually wrong, utterly moronic, an opinion I disagree with or a mixture. Every option after the first three are dumb (But probably real reasons people use it) and if any of those are chosen the offending posters should be round up and sent to More Awesome Than You.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:08 PM
I think I should do a series -- one for each button.

good idea
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM
@happycowlover -- interesting that the first option wasn't one you chose.

@pirate_wolf_12 -- Even if you consider only the first three to be acceptable reasons, I've seen a lot of arguing based on which of the three is correct to use. For example, in those cases where someone posts: "I like soup. I had some for dinner." Then there are disagrees. This cues OP to start protesting, "But I do like soup! And I did have some for dinner! No one can disagree with this!" This person seems to believe that options #1 and/or #2 from the poll are the only acceptable reasons to disagree. Meanwhile, I'm fairly certain that the disagreers meant something like option #3 -- "Oh, you like soup? I personally hate soup. This is my opinion about soup." To me, it's kind of interesting how differently people perceive the simple click.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:55 PM
Whoops. Forgot to bold it. lol

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Page 1 of 3