Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 9:04 PM Last edited by ebflover777 : 27th Jul 2017 at 12:43 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default .Sims2Pack to .PMD/.PMX Conversion
Hi guys! I'm just curious about this, may be possible, may be not
I've been trying to convert one of my sims in either The Sims 2, The Sims 3, or The Sims 4. So, this is my thread for The Sims 2.
I have the .Sims2Pack file all set to go. Do I have to convert it to .BLEND first?
Sims 3 Thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598053
Sims 4 Thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=597978
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Ah. are you talking about converting a Sim from the game into a usable model, such as OBJ? I don't know how to get it into MMD, but getting them into a usable format like OBJ or whatever else can be done, but might be a bit more work than you want to do. It involves using Ninja Ripper. If you want, PM me the Sims2pack and I'll do it for you and can then tell you in detail on how I did it. It should be do-able, though some can't be ripped properly (lots of alphas and such).

Thank you! Will do!
Yes, I mean either .OBJ or .BLEND first, then .PMD/.PMX later
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:28 PM
You don't have to use ninja ripper, though it's a good option - a sims2pack isn't really what you want though. Go back to the .package file version of the sim and open it in SimPE, open the GMDC resource, and hit Export in the plugin view panel - that will export your sim's face as an OBJ. Then you can just do the same with whatever hair and clothes they have (obviously this is easiest if they use CC clothes and hair, but you can pull the GMDCs out of the game's files using Finder if they're using default stuff).

(For the face, age 1 is child, age 2 is teen, 3 is adult, 4 is elder, 7 is YA.)

Don't forget to export the textures for your sim's clothes etc. as well as whichever skintone they use, if you want the model to be textured.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You don't have to use ninja ripper, though it's a good option - a sims2pack isn't really what you want though. Go back to the .package file version of the sim and open it in SimPE, open the GMDC resource, and hit Export in the plugin view panel - that will export your sim's face as an OBJ. Then you can just do the same with whatever hair and clothes they have (obviously this is easiest if they use CC clothes and hair, but you can pull the GMDCs out of the game's files using Finder if they're using default stuff).

(For the face, age 1 is child, age 2 is teen, 3 is adult, 4 is elder, 7 is YA.)

Don't forget to export the textures for your sim's clothes etc. as well as whichever skintone they use, if you want the model to be textured.

Thank you!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 3:08 AM
Extract/install the sim. Then use SimPE, open each of the .package mesh files, and extract the meshes and textures from the files. You should be able to get everything except for the face - but do what Nysha said, and you're good to go.

If you export the clothes/body, accessories and the hair as gmdc (right-click the GMDC resource, and choose Extract) you'll also get the skeleton so you can pose them (works in Milkshape, possibly also Blender if you have the right plugins - not sure about MMD, though). If you import everything into Blender/Milkshape first, you may be able to pose the sim before importing to MMD. I'm not familiar enough with MMD to say what it can and can't do (I used it for the first time today, while trying to figure out how to convert some meshes from Deviantart into Obj).

I do have some bad news for you, though. There aren't any bones for the TS2 face (TS2 uses morphs instead of bones like TS3/4 has), so if you're planning to do face expressions, you'll probably either have to recreate a rig for the face or some such.