Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:22 PM
Default Sims 3 Mods Help!!!
I assume this sim mods thing is what has enabled some people to create custom horse pet accessories, saddles and bridles etc. So in my attempt to find a sims 3 mod download i failed miserably. Nothing makes sense and all I took from the various tutorials on sims mods was an excessively large amount of various software downloads in order to do this sims mods thing. Overall its extremely confusing trying to figure out what downloads and such to download. Can anyone tell me exactly what specific downloads i need and how to put it all together so i can also create my own customized pet accessories??? Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:39 PM
Just saying, if you're gonna write "HELP" in ALL CAPS in your title, perhaps you should first check if you're doing it in the right place.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:03 PM
Default Sorry
Im new here and to the more technical side of sims so all i can say is i know what my goal is, i just don't know exactly what to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:09 PM
Wait my title isn't in all caps. Its lower case with exclamations.

QUOTE=GrijzePilion]Just saying, if you're gonna write "HELP" in ALL CAPS in your title, perhaps you should first check if you're doing it in the right place.[/QUOTE]
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 6:43 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 1st Jul 2017 at 6:58 PM.
ok let's figure out what's happening here.

I'm assuming you are wanting "custom content".
1) A helpful hint is differentiating between mods and custom content. Typically people refer to mods when they're talking about changing interactions, the environment of the game, etc, anyway actual gameplay.
"Custom content" is typically along the lines of these pet accessories you mentioned. Things that apply to a sims appearance, building and buying objects, etc.

2) Based on the general tone and confusion in your post I'm assuming you wont necessarily be making your own custom content rather, you'd like to download someone else's so you can place it in your game.
This is a multi-layered situation. I'm going to assume you need to start at step one which is placing the necessary mods folder and resource file in your sims 3 directory on your computer. This will let the game know you have custom content you'd like to use and the game will then pull the files from this folder to be used in game > http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content < This site hosts information on how to do that.

3) After you've figured that out a great place to start is the WCIF (Where Can I Find..) forum for sims 3 on this site > http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559 <. Post as specific as possible as to what you're looking for. They can help track down what you want and you can use the links they provide you to eventually figure out the general places to download custom content.

Hope this helps