Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:43 AM
Default Having trouble using Repository technique for clothing
I've been doing quick and easy clothing age conversions of stuff I download - let's say I download an adult outfit, if I've downloaded an age conversion of that mesh I'll do a quick copy and paste in Bodyshop so I have it in the extra age category.

I've been trying to slave these teen/elder versions to the adult textures, using tutorials I found:
http://whattheskell.tumblr.com/post...othing-textures
http://modthesims.info/t/418452 (HP's reply to the original post)

But it's not working for me. I've been following them as closely as I can but I'm doing something wrong in linking the textures because when I test them in Bodyshop the teen and elder clothing is just grey, so there's obviously somthing missing. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 5:59 PM
The technique you're referring to is for Sims 2 and doesn't apply to Sims 4. Moving to Sims 2 Creation.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:12 PM
Could you attach the files to this thread? That'll make it much easier to work out what's going wrong.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 6:44 AM
I've put the files in a zip - it contains recolours of two different meshes, and the necessary conversion meshes in case you need to check them in Bodyshop.

I've also attached a screenshot of the line in SimPE that I've been changing (in the Uber Family dress I had to change another line in Material Definition to get rid of the bow on the waist).

With the Midsleeve Tee recolours, the Elder shirt turned up fine, but the Teen one was blank grey. With the Uber Family recolours, it was the opposite - the Teen dress turned up fine, but the Elder dress was grey.

I really don't know where I'm going wrong, I did them all the same way so why would half of them be mixed up
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  NellyStardust Repository Files.rar (501.5 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:54 PM
The problem with both files is that you've deleted the normal map (aka bump map) texture in the file, but you haven't updated the stdMatNormalMapTextureName line in the TXMT, so the game is trying to load a normal map texture that doesn't exist.

For the teen shirt, I've changed the stdMatNormalMapTextureName line to use the same normal map as the adult recolour, and that's working now.

For the elder dress, neither the teen version nor the adult version have a normal map to slave to. So I've deleted the stdMatNormalMapTextureName line and changed stdMatNormalMapTextureEnabled to false. You could probably also just delete stdMatNormalMapTextureEnabled, stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingU and stdMatNormalMapTextureAddressingV, if you want to keep your TXMT tidy.

Fixed files attached. Here because the attachment system is still throwing a wobbly.

Does all of that make sense?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  NellyStardust repo stuff.7z (2.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 6:09 AM
Ahh, I see my mistake now, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!