Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:38 AM
The Isle Of The Young
Hi, so I wrote this challenge while on the plane during a red-eye, so the order may be a little jumbled. I'm hoping to edit it later. But first I wanted to put it out there. NOW READ MY MINIONS!

The isle of the young

Basic Premise: All the people over than teen die.

Before even making the characters, create a nasty, evil sort of character that one might consider selfish. Now, kill them before they should have died. They should be an adult or elder at time of death. Place them in an empty graveyard, which is where you will put all of the following deaths.

To start, create 3 teens, 1 female, 2 males, and 7 children, 4 girls and 3 males. This must be on normal life span, with story progression. Split these up so that there is at least one teen in each household (You can do this by creating an elder dump character that you kill upon placing the teens- the teens continue to live on in the house with the children). You will start by playing a teen and a child who live together (It is up to you whether they are related). The goal here not to bring back the adults, it is to survive. You see, when you delete all of the adults, also turn all of the houses into public buildings, visitors allowed. Delete the rabbit holes, though you may self register a profession (before starting the game, if possible). Start your people off in a shack- sleep outside, eat outside, and no buying from the refrigerator.

Now, with no sources of conventional money or food, you must survive. Scatter all of the people you have created across the map so that it is hard to get from one place to another. You may not use a taxi to get from one place to another. Cars are allowed- once you can buy them, but you must get rid of them after one sim week (breaks down/runs out of gas/crashes). For the most part, however, you will have to run, or, if you have pets, ride to your destinations. No money cheats are allowed.

As the game progresses, you have to A. Keep your children, not necessarily your teens, happy, B. meet all of the other survivors, C. accumulate enough money to put a roof over your head, D. have at least one person master the logic skill, and is constantly solving the unsolvable- only on a laptop of course! Other electricity (nonbattery operated) still doesn’t work, and E. create a town.

This is an issue, because, as time progresses, your teens becomes young adults. They are surprised, because strangely, they don’t get sick. You must create a second generation while they are still young adults. The second they turn into adults, slaughter them in your choice of fashion.

Second Generation: They are raised on the knowledge that as soon as they become “old” they will die. They can now not use battery operated objects, as the batteries have run out. They have now found out that once you turn into a teen, you must go up to the graveyards and spend a full day mourning the previous generation in order to survive. They may not eat during those 24 hours. They must go through an initiation after this mourning, from the other teens, where if they are disliked by more than one teen, they will be slaughtered by the teens. There is no room for those who cannot cooperate. If they do not do this process, slaughter them. Now, when your teens turn into young adults, repeat the process. Finally, when they reach the adult stage, send them to the graveyard to play piano (or guitar if you don’t have late night), for the previous generation’s ghosts. They must be sent to do this, for two full days, and must be locked in. You may not control them during these 48 hours. You must also not allow them to have more than two pieces of food in their inventory. If they survive, they may live through adult stage, then you must kill them.

Third Generation: They have started wondering if it might be a vengeful ghost that’s causing the entire ruckus. So, one faction believes that, in order to appease this ghost, you must have someone playing for it every night. Their skill must be at a maximum or they do not survive. This should be approximately half of the town. If you do this successfully, that’s great- are you sure? All hours during the dark, every night since the third generation was born? Wow. The other half of the town believes they should vanquish it. If you have Ambitions, that’s great, but you can’t use the ghost hunter profession in order to do this. To vanquish the ghost, you can try to bring it Ambrosia, and hope the right ghost eats it. This works if, and only if, the resulting alive person dies of natural causes afterwards. As in old age. Otherwise the entire cycle starts again. Otherwise, you can try breeding the ghost with a surviving human, and the resulting offspring, if a ghost, once a teen, can become enemies with it and bring a flame fruit with them to the graveyard. This will “kill” it. Send it back to the netherworld. Or, you may choose to pick a savior. This savior will have to become friends with EVERY single ghost you have created since the beginning of the game. If it can do this, then an “uprising” occurs, and the other ghosts kick the evil ghost into the netherworld. However, if the townsfolk manage to have another ghost that hates more than one person at the time of its death, it also becomes an “evil” ghost that must be vanquished.

Sorry it's so complicated- and convoluted. I hope it makes sense- Also looking to see where people go with this. I realize it is not like a typical challenges, but, well, it is a challenge... This is the sort of challenge where you need to have people doing things 24/7, from what I've played of it. Let me know if there are areas that should be edited- I will get to work on it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 1:58 AM
Good job. I love it!
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:27 AM
This is.. interesting. I might try it sometime. It kind of reminds me the Gone series until you put the thing about the ghosts in there. xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:16 AM
Default Weird
Quote: Originally posted by lazypenguin
This is.. interesting. I might try it sometime. It kind of reminds me the Gone series until you put the thing about the ghosts in there. xD

It's weird, long after I wrote this, I realized the same thing. But then again, the Gone premise is based on an idea that has been in our general subconscious for a millenia... No wonder it cropped up. Hope that the... interesting... parts of the challenge don't deter you too much! I want to hear how everyone's turns out. :p
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 12:09 AM
This...is certainly rather interesting. Sounds somewhat complicated, in all honesty, but that could just be me. I have the feeling that the biggest problem that will crop up is making sure my Sims don't die when they have to sit around without food all day and what not. xD Either way, I might try it after I finish the challenge I'm currently trying to do.