Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 11:25 AM
Default What is needed to run multiple expansions?
So this computer i'm planning to get meets the requirements for the base game, but I don't know if it will also work with 5/6 expansions. I have Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life and I want to get Island Paradise too.
Anyway the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 Processor (3.4GHz)
RAM: 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3C (upgradable to 16GB)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT530 (2GB)

So according to the system requirements wiki, the graphics card runs the base game well, the others up until Supernatural on Maybe which is okay-ish, and Seasons on No which means it has known problems or there are lags.
I just want to know if I could run these expansions well though?
I wouldn't mind a bit of lag. Honestly, I just want it to run fine. If it could run everything without Seasons well, then I'd play without Seasons until I could get a better graphics card. So, ?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 4:25 PM
Well - bear in mind that if it's a No for Seasons, that means it's also a No for UL and IP, so you'd have to play without both of those too. Honestly I'm surprised that that card does so well with the earlier EPs, because the model number suggests it's a pretty poor card. You'll also need more RAM than that, especially with a weak graphics card. Honestly, I would suggest you save up for a bit longer and get more RAM and a good graphics card - something in the top half of the newer ranges, a 650+ or 750+, rather than a two gen old entry level card.

Remember, too, that desktops are always better value for money than laptops.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.