Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1401 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aaries16
Just getting back into playing Sims 4 after a very very long break. I only have the base game and Seasons right now and have decided to play through the 100-baby challenge. My stupid questions:
1. Where can my sim woohoo other than the bed?
2. Where can my sim go out to eat? She can go on a date, but it seems like chips at bars are the only option for food. I downloaded a restaurant and my sim had to cook their own food.
3. Does anyone else's generations get a little out of sync? My matriarch sim was still a young adult when her oldest sons became adults on another lot. I had to manually age her up between pregnancies. Then I noticed those sons were more than halfway through adulthood, so I had to age my matriarch to elderhood quickly in order keep things in sync. If I hadn't done all that her oldest son would've died of old age while she was just becoming an adult.
4. By the way, what's the point of young adults vs. adults?

In addition to what Naus Allien answered

1. The Get Together closets are another option, also the Vampires coffin, and Get Famous levitating bed (pods?)
2. There are many other foods available for bars, chips is the only free one. you need to click on the bartender> Order food to see more options.
also, City Living market stalls are something you can plop down at any community lot for your liking. search in Build/Buy for "stall" to find them. or visit those that you have in the neighborhoods.
3. It seems like you have your age settings to age only the active household /and unplayed households.. you can change it so it will age up everyone on the same time via Game Options > Gameplay.
4. Yeah, no real difference other than what was mentioned..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1402 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 7:00 AM Last edited by Ryűchan : 23rd Mar 2019 at 6:41 AM.
Is there any way to change work outfits/After school activity (like drama club for example) outfits on your sims? Just, you know, to another colour variant of the same outfit, it seems kind of strange that these clothes come with several colour options if all you ever get is the one (for example, Strangeville. Military career so far and the protective suit, I get the same colour versions for each sim and since there ARE a few to pick from apparently, I'd like to do that if possible). I feel like the answer to this is probably fairly obvious, but I just can't figure it out.
(Just sending sims to CAS while wearing said outfits doesn't help, of course)

Edit: Thank you Keren! It worked.
Scholar
#1403 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ry�chan
Is there any way to change work outfits/After school activity (like drama club for example) outfits on your sims? Just, you know, to another colour variant of the same outfit, it seems kind of strange that these clothes come with several colour options if all you ever get is the one (for example, Strangeville. Military career so far and the protective suit, I get the same colour versions for each sim and since there ARE a few to pick from apparently, I'd like to do that if possible). I feel like the answer to this is probably fairly obvious, but I just can't figure it out.
(Just sending sims to CAS while wearing said outfits doesn't help, of course)

You can do that with MCCC by clicking on the sim
MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify Career Outfit
Top Secret Researcher
#1404 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 5:13 PM
Is there any way to get the aliens to stop impregnating my male sims when they go into the science career? My sim came home from work and was immediately abducted before I could turn on the satellite dish to "no impregnate". I've already raised two aliens and now he has two more on the way.
Giving up the children as infants is just too heart wrenching.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#1405 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Is there any way to get the aliens to stop impregnating my male sims when they go into the science career? My sim came home from work and was immediately abducted before I could turn on the satellite dish to "no impregnate". I've already raised two aliens and now he has two more on the way.
Giving up the children as infants is just too heart wrenching.

You could change the abductions frequency into 0 chances with MCCC, but currently anything other than normal chances is throwing LEs
so gotta wait for MCCC to update.
Forum Resident
#1406 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Yes, Sims in the science and medical career are more likely to be abducted, though to know exactly by how much, we'll have to check the XML.

Thank you very much. Exactly what I wanted to know.
Quote: Originally posted by DrunkenWriter
I am currently playing with a sim that is the highest level in the scientist career and she gets abducted daily!

That is terrifying, but thank you.

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#1407 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 8:07 PM

These slopes weren't there when I first built the house. They only showed up when I added the basement and now I can't get rid of them. Is there any way to fix this?

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#1408 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:09 PM
My Master Vampire was at a bar and should have leveled up for +2 vampire power points, and he didn't.
So I whipped out MCCC and saw 161 power points was max. I thought that he had maxed out his power points and that's why I didn't get the +2 points. I also noticed that his weakness points were 5, which was about right.
So I went on playing... opps!
Now my master vampire needs 5 MORE weaknesses and has an extra 161 weakness points.
Okay, I can do a recover from a prior save half an hour ago, but he's still stuck just before getting his +2 points. Anyone know a fix for that?

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#1409 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
These slopes weren't there when I first built the house. They only showed up when I added the basement and now I can't get rid of them. Is there any way to fix this?

Try to select the basement and lower it down using the new tool that appears in the middle of the selected room (two arrows white thing, up/down)
if that doesn't help try to flatten the terrain with the flattening tool (after you lowered the basement down)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1410 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My Master Vampire was at a bar and should have leveled up for +2 vampire power points, and he didn't.
So I whipped out MCCC and saw 161 power points was max. I thought that he had maxed out his power points and that's why I didn't get the +2 points. I also noticed that his weakness points were 5, which was about right.
So I went on playing... opps!
Now my master vampire needs 5 MORE weaknesses and has an extra 161 weakness points.
Okay, I can do a recover from a prior save half an hour ago, but he's still stuck just before getting his +2 points. Anyone know a fix for that?

Might this help with your issue?
https://www.modthesims.info/d/...es-bug-fix.html

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#1411 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 1:17 PM
How do I stop my sims freezing to death all the time? I’ve just come out of one of the most traumatising winters ever! 😳. Sims dropping like flies in blocks of ice. It’s kind of game breaking for me now, as it’s always playable sims from other households that are dying. I’ve lost Bella Goth, Nina Caliente, Michael Bachelor, Sonia Bachlor (Michael’s child son with a Landgrabb sister), Zelda Mae, Malcolm Landgrabb... I’ve saved a couple through resets but where that’s not possible (too much progress) I’ve had to ‘write it’ into my story. Oh, and I made it to Spring so had stopped my usual protection from this (MCCC click mailbox and change all outfits to cold weather every 2 hours) and 5 days in it’s happened again and this time I couldn’t reset because I’d played 4 sim days already. Goodbye Michael Bachelor for good, you still had so much more story to tell... 😵

I don’t want to lose temperature deaths altogether, but a mod that forces cold weather clothing when it’s cold would be great. I’ve searched high and low about this, most posts are around 2016/2017 and say the game was patched to fix most of this?

Just as an aside, I think it’s great that there’s a random feature here to kill off sims and take you by surprise. I welcome a bit of unpredictability. But the frequency of this is crazy and there’s no notification for sims you aren’t currently playing to even warn you of what’s happening.
Scholar
#1412 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chronicboredom
How do I stop my sims freezing to death all the time? I’ve just come out of one of the most traumatising winters ever! 😳. Sims dropping like flies in blocks of ice. It’s kind of game breaking for me now, as it’s always playable sims from other households that are dying. I’ve lost Bella Goth, Nina Caliente, Michael Bachelor, Sonia Bachlor (Michael’s child son with a Landgrabb sister), Zelda Mae, Malcolm Landgrabb... I’ve saved a couple through resets but where that’s not possible (too much progress) I’ve had to ‘write it’ into my story. Oh, and I made it to Spring so had stopped my usual protection from this (MCCC click mailbox and change all outfits to cold weather every 2 hours) and 5 days in it’s happened again and this time I couldn’t reset because I’d played 4 sim days already. Goodbye Michael Bachelor for good, you still had so much more story to tell... 😵

I don’t want to lose temperature deaths altogether, but a mod that forces cold weather clothing when it’s cold would be great. I’ve searched high and low about this, most posts are around 2016/2017 and say the game was patched to fix most of this?

Just as an aside, I think it’s great that there’s a random feature here to kill off sims and take you by surprise. I welcome a bit of unpredictability. But the frequency of this is crazy and there’s no notification for sims you aren’t currently playing to even warn you of what’s happening.

Bienchen has a mod that makes it so sims will auto change cloths to cold/hot when they start to burn/freeze to death
search using CTRL+F for simschangeoutfitwhenhotorcold in this page:
https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mo...r-jahreszeiten/

in addition you can get LittleMsSam's mod Weather NPC Deaths
you can choose the 90% file, so there's still some chance for sims to die from the weather.. or the 100% for full protection.
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...andom-small-bug
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1413 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:56 PM
Is there any way to edit the areas of City Living apartment lots that are outside of the ownable area? One of the apartments in the Spice District is missing two windows and a door for one of the playable areas. They exist when playing that apartment but when playing any of the other apartments they are missing.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#1414 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Is there any way to edit the areas of City Living apartment lots that are outside of the ownable area? One of the apartments in the Spice District is missing two windows and a door for one of the playable areas. They exist when playing that apartment but when playing any of the other apartments they are missing.

Maybe the creators chat at MCCC discord will know the answer to this one
https://discord.gg/h6GkGyd
Lab Assistant
#1415 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Bienchen has a mod that makes it so sims will auto change cloths to cold/hot when they start to burn/freeze to death
search using CTRL+F for simschangeoutfitwhenhotorcold in this page:
https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mo...r-jahreszeiten/

in addition you can get LittleMsSam's mod Weather NPC Deaths
you can choose the 90% file, so there's still some chance for sims to die from the weather.. or the 100% for full protection.
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...andom-small-bug

Thank you so much. You may have just saved me from quitting the game lol. By NPC in the second one, does that include playable sims from other households? Or just non playable sims like bartenders etc. Thanks again! 😊
Scholar
#1416 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chronicboredom
Thank you so much. You may have just saved me from quitting the game lol. By NPC in the second one, does that include playable sims from other households? Or just non playable sims like bartenders etc. Thanks again! 😊

It Includes played households as well
Lab Assistant
#1417 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 12:31 AM
Is there a mod to disable how other sims will copy your sim's outfit if you have the Trailblazer celebrity trait? While I like the rewards for maxing out that celebrity perk branch, I hate the clothing changes, especially my own sims keep dressing up as other members of their family.

I've tried to find a mod to disable this, but haven't had any luck.
Scholar
#1418 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDarkNinja
Is there a mod to disable how other sims will copy your sim's outfit if you have the Trailblazer celebrity trait? While I like the rewards for maxing out that celebrity perk branch, I hate the clothing changes, especially my own sims keep dressing up as other members of their family.

I've tried to find a mod to disable this, but haven't had any luck.

I'm not sure if this what you're looking for, but LittleMsSam has a mod to stop sims from copying celebs outfits (any celebs, not just with certain perks)
it's in the Get Famous section here with the name No Celeb Outfit Copying
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small
Lab Assistant
#1419 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
I'm not sure if this what you're looking for, but LittleMsSam has a mod to stop sims from copying celebs outfits (any celebs, not just with certain perks)
it's in the Get Famous section here with the name No Celeb Outfit Copying
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small

Oh thank goodness there is a mod for this, thanks so much!

I was getting really sick of my same sex celebrity couple always wearing each other's outfits instead of their own. It was annoying how all their club members also alternated between their two outfits instead of wearing their own unique outfits.
Instructor
#1420 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:57 PM
If your child quits the scouts and starts again later do they have to earn all the badges again ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Top Secret Researcher
#1421 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:21 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 30th Mar 2019 at 9:36 PM.
Default Origin is down so can't install Sims 4.
Just got windows up and running again using linux as a recovery too. The Windows recovery USB was useless.
Anyway, time to reinstall Sims 4!
Nope, it's down in much of the West Coast US, parts of Germany and France, Korea, Phillipenes etc.

Humph! Okay go to Steam. Nope! Sims 3 wont' install. Wanna bet it's cuz Steam gets it from Origin? Cuz I can install Fallout 4 and I'm gonna have a go at Farm Simulator.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#1422 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:31 PM
Default Why did EA screw up playing multiple sims!?
They got playing a family of sims down so well in sims 3, but totally hosed the concept in sims 4.
Got three sims: Husband, wife and their daughter. Wife and daughter are vampires, so they're out at the library looking up vampire stuff. Husband has work tomorrow, being the classical breadwinner of the patriarchy... so he's supposed to be home sleeping. Okay, he goes home on "self care". Does he sleep? No. Do a quick switch to husband and put him to bed. Switch back to womenfolk to find frogs and stuff... nope, that idiot at home got out of bed!
This never happened in Sims 3 and their open world. You could cue a sim up for 8 actions, then go off and play the other sims on the other end of the world.
It's just that.. I'm so darn good at playing Sims 3! I want to play sims 4 for awhile.
Yeah, and Origin is still down, so I fixed my old computer that still had both sims games installed.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#1423 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:45 PM
This is the longest shot on the planet but is there a way to recover an in game born sim that you’ve never saved to the gallery and who’s been released from their urn/grave?

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#1424 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
This is the longest shot on the planet but is there a way to recover an in game born sim that you’ve never saved to the gallery and who’s been released from their urn/grave?

I'm sorry, I don't think you can..

if you had a recover of this save it could help, if you only released his ghost/it got released fairly recently maybe you can recover the save from before it happened?
otherwise, I would check in Manage Households, maybe they didn't get culled yet and show up as a ghost (?)
or using MCCC on the mail box to show hidden households or something (I don't really know what it means, but worth checking )
or adding an holiday for the next day with the mourning tradition, it spawn ghosts, sometimes familiar ones.

as a last resort I would simply try to recreate them..
Top Secret Researcher
#1425 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz

Did you check the backup history?
You start Sims 4, click load game, find the game you want to find an old backup, and the click the "recover save" button on the lower right hand side next to the checkmark. I think the picture on it is supposed to be an old 3.5" floppy disk. Anyway, there should be a list of some of the older saves, up to five I think.

Sims are better than us.
Page 57 of 86