Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2015 at 5:26 AM
Default Is there a guide to where NPC Sims live?
I have looked online and can't find one for Sunset Valley.

I have a strange problem and I don't know if it is because the game glitched or not. I wasn't paying much attention to the game the other day and my Sim started dating an NPC Sim the trouble is now the sim he is dating never wants to go anywhere with him or come over and there is another sim hanging around him all the time but he isn't allowed to ask her out because he is in a relationship with this other sim. The trouble is I can't find a way to break up with this other Sim because you can only do that on a date and since she will not go on a date with him, my Sim is stuck in the relationship forever. I thought about going to her house and trying to break up with her there but I can't find it on the map even when I am all the way zoomed out. So I know I must be missing something but I can't find a map online of the town with where the different NPC sims live listed.

If anyone can help with this I would be very grateful, thank you for your time.
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st May 2015 at 5:37 AM
If the Sim is a service Sim there is a chance he/she doesn't have a home - however you can try googling the Sim's name and referring to the Sims 3 wiki which may tell you if the Sim concerned is technically homeless. Admittedly that doesn't solve your problem but at least it'll save you looking for them in a house.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sunset_Valley_Sims

This advice is given on the assumption you don't have NRAAS mods installed (Master Controller and so on).
Instructor
#4 Old 1st May 2015 at 7:08 AM
Cashing in some lifetime happiness points for the 'Clean Slate' reward will clear your Sim's romantic history, leaving him free to pursue other interests. Life goes on as if the mistake never happened.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2015 at 12:11 PM
Okay thanks a bunch guys, this is a big help.

I normally don't get this lost in games but the Sims isn't quite like any game I have played before. I don't have Latenight so that was why I was confused.

Thanks again.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 1st May 2015 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Um...

1) NPCs are homelesses, they don't live anywhere unless you have Late Night EP
2) With Late Night EP, NPCs now live in NPC doors spread out through your town. Sunset Valley doesn't have apartments, so no NPC doors, so they're still homelesses.
3) Easiest way to break up with anyone, NPC included, is simply click on their photo in the relationship panel, goto "text" and "break up text."

(EDIT - I assume NPC means non-resident NPC. I play the whole town, so I don't call residents NPCs even if I'm not playing that household. Either way, you can find residents on edit town mode... or just use the text function to break up)

This old tutorial by kiwi-tea explains the difference. You may be right, but I can't remember what I did. I made more than 209 characters to fill three different roles and I had almost all expansions: residents, NPC's and townies. Tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ting_CAW_Worlds

Quote:
Resident Numbers
The ideal number of residents depends on how many lots are in your world and how many EA townies you can stand living in your hood. You have a lot of control over this option, but you will need a lot of Sims if you want jobs to function smoothly alongside your characters. Each career has a minimum and maximum number of co-workers depending on the career level. These are listed below. If you don't have enough Sims in your world you can end up with Story Progression drafting Sims built around being doctors into low level journalism careers.

Service Numbers
Service Sims all belong to a single invisible household named Service NPC. If you do not add service Sims using the methods described earlier then this household is randomly generated at the start of a save game. In Edit in Game the only service NPC that exists initially is the Grim Reaper. Preliminary testing suggests that the game won't recognise Simbots as service NPCs, although this requires further investigation.

Townie Numbers
Townies, or homeless Sims, are often drafted randomly for less formal or more dynamic roles than those occupied by service NPCs. Players can have as many or as few townies as you like. Creators currently cannot choose which role a townie will occupy, so they should account for that in their Sim design. The best way to work out how many of these Sims you might need is to count how many mixology bars, barrier ropes, tattoo chairs, etc you have placed in it, then add +5 to that number to account for paparazzi.

Townies will be drafted into the following roles:

Then it lists the roles these different types fill. The more I look at their faces on my Flickr I think I found homes for them, but I just can't be sure.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2015 at 7:02 PM
Okay so I found her and had my Sim break up with her. The funny thing is his charisma is so high that the moment he was done breaking up with her she started hitting on him and calling him every five minutes. I can't decide if this is the least realistic or the most realistic thing I have ever seen in a video game.