Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 3:48 PM
Default "Official" Sims 3 magazine?
So, my mom bought me a magazine. ''The Sims 3 official magazine''. I was really surprised but then I noticed it's not by EA or in any co-operation with EA but a fan-made magazine, with a disc coming with CC on it.

They have some usual information for beginner builders, story makers etc. They even wrote about cmomoney's pose player!
I'd just thought I'd share it with you and ask if you know more about this magazine.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 6:31 PM
Was TSR the publisher?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 6:47 PM
It's real and run by EA. Check out their website here. EA's community outreach with The Sims has been above par for about the past year and a half or so. Of course, that doesn't make the game spark any more interest from me, but at least they're trying.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:33 PM
But Johnny is referring to an actual, print magazine, that came with a disk of content. That's doesn't sound the same as EA's digital magazine.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 8:53 PM
I bought the sims magazines too in french long time ago. They stopped publishing it.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 8:55 PM
Eskie is right, I didn't know about any online magazine neither do I care, but it's a printed magazine. It has topics about ''modern living'' and such with CC included (on the disc) which are made by the Sims community blackyanther.de, but it doesn't say the magazine is made by the community of Blackypanther.

But the disc came with the magazine, not vice versa

Edit:
Included 2 qrapquality screenshots.
Screenshots

#7 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 2:50 AM
I seem to recall reading something about a magazine at the EA German site a couple of years ago. I wonder if it's the same thing. I don't speak German but I do frequent AkiSIMa and they had some write up of a magazine with contributors from the various German sites giving free CC. That's about all I remember. I didn't know they did it until you opened this thread.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 6:24 AM
robin: Well this magazine is from 01/01/2013