Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:08 PM
Does anyone know whether it's possible to link an underwater cave to anything other than another underwater cave?
Hi there,

I'm creating diving lots in my custom world and decided to experiment with linking the underwater caves to other things, for example the diving wells from WA. This caused my game to crash as soon as a sim with the necessary skill to discover the exit swam into the cave. Does anyone know whether this kind of behaviour can be changed? I mean, all the game would have to do is change the sim's outfit, zoom in on the well, and play the animation for climbing out of it....(?). (Sadly, I've never modded anything before).
Also, does anyone know for certain how the creators of the game linked the underwater caves to the Divers Den (which is a spot on an island, not a cave) in Isla Paradiso? Does that happen automatically when you set the Hidden Island to be discovered by diving skill?

Happy simming ,
Jojo
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:17 PM
You might want to try this in the modding discussion under Create/sims3 in the menu at the top.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkGirl13
(...)
Also, does anyone know for certain how the creators of the game linked the underwater caves to the Divers Den (which is a spot on an island, not a cave) in Isla Paradiso? Does that happen automatically when you set the Hidden Island to be discovered by diving skill?
(...)
I've done this once, but it was a long time ago. If my memory serves me well, then this was done with a marker that is placed in the water where the Sim emerges, probably the hidden island marker itself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You might want to try this in the modding discussion under Create/sims3 in the menu at the top.

I was a bit reluctant to do that, seeing as I'm not a creator, but thanks, I'll try.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:54 PM
@crowkeeper has a house for mermaids that connects to the sea and a lot of other mermaid themed lots. They might know how to connect underwater caves to other things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I've done this once, but it was a long time ago. If my memory serves me well, then this was done with a marker that is placed in the water where the Sim emerges, probably the hidden island marker itself.

If anyone is interested, the hidden island question has been solved here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5350237
You need the public room marker in addition to the hidden island marker - the first one is the one you place in the water.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
How do you link underwater caves? Is it like the subway system?

Noob alarm!!! Just kidding. Follow the provided link