Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
Default WCIF Selective no autonomous watch instrument mod
Hi everyone! I'm not entirely sure if this is even possible but I was wondering if anyone knows of any mod out there that prevents autonomous "watch instrument" actions but only on specific lots or for specific sims.

I know of the many "no autonomous watch instrument" mods and am currently using one since my entire household would repeatedly drop whatever they were doing to watch two of my sims play the guitar and bass, but while it does prevent this from happening, it also prevents any sim from being able to play for tips at community lots and it even seems to affect band gigs (Though I'm not 100% sure of this, still looking into bands and how their gigs work).

In short, I want a mod that either prevents JUST the active household from autonomously watching instruments unless directed to do so, or that allows me to prevent them from doing it only on very specific lots.

I read somewhere that NRaas' Retuner could potentially help by disabling the autonomous "Watch instrument" action only for specific Sims, but I seriously have no idea how to go about doing that, assuming it is actually possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:43 PM
This question probably should have come to us at NRaas, but I'll take a stab at it (with let's say a 30% chance of getting it right). It sounds like you don't want to disallow autonomy in general on the Watch command, but only on your active household. I don't think you can get that granular using Retuner.

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Object > Guitar > Watch will reveal the settings available. Not sure what happens if you disallow User Directed or User Directed Non-Greeted other than not being able to direct your active sims to Watch by command. The autonomy might still be there. But if this does anything useful, then rinse and repeat on the other musical instruments.

But I suspect that a Tuning or more likely a Script Mod would be required to get any further than that. Retuner settings can't really be customized for specific sims or lots by name.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:55 AM
Thanks for the reply! I was pretty sure Retuner didn't quite do what I wanted it to do since I have messed around with it, which is why I didn't actually take it to the NRaas Industries site. I figured I'd mention it in case someone knew anything about it in particular but I was expecting a response like this from the start.

And yes, that is exactly what I want. I play on a full 8-sim household out of which two play instruments and it drives me up a wall to have all 6 others drop whatever they're doing and go watch them play whenever they decide to practice, but I didn't want to permanently disable sims autonomously watching instruments because one of them actually makes a living off playing for tips at multiple locations throughout the city and some rabbit holes look weird with full bands playing and literally nobody paying them any attention.

From the sounds of things, though, I'll probably have to pick my poison. Either deal with sims flocking to those practicing or deal with nobody paying them any attention ever.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:47 AM
Oh, I see...hmm, what about having the musical geniuses practice behind locked doors? Or out on community lot locations where there really isn't any reason for others to stop by and gawk?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:13 AM
I did try locking the doors, but that just resulted in everyone else dropping their actions to walk up to the locked door, complain that it's locked, and then stare at it intently for a few minutes.

I'll probably end up building a small music den of sorts on the empty lot next door and just having them practice there or something, I really can't quite work around everyone ignoring the many musicians in my neighborhood all the time. It's a bit annoying but it's the lesser of two evils I guess. Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

As for Retuner, it unfortunately didn't quite provide anything to help with this issue but I did learn a lot about what it CAN actually do, so at least something good came out of this!