Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:16 PM
Default Are there any mods to to make The Sims 4 more kid-friendly?
Hi guys,

My 9-year-old sister keeps asking to play The Sims 4 but I can't let her for obvious reasons, currently, I have installed a copy of the first Sims on her laptop (minus the expansions with content inappropriate for her age), however, I fear she will soon get bored of this.

I am looking for mods to make The Sims 4 more kid-friendly (e.g. removal of woohoo, etc), if there aren't any about, how easy would it be to create such mods?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:20 PM
Well, I mean, honestly, the Sims 4 is pretty "kid-friendly," imo. But, anyway, the cheat debug.enable_woohoo [true/false] will disable woohoo for that play session.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
Well, I mean, honestly, the Sims 4 is pretty "kid-friendly," imo. But, anyway, the cheat debug.enable_woohoo [true/false] will disable woohoo for that play session.

Thanks for that, in theory, it should be possible to make a quick mod to keep this cheat on.

I know it seems a bit overprotective but our mother isn't comfortable exposing her to the concept of 'woohoo' until she is at least 12.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:18 PM
I'm also interested in this; especially anything that makes a single save file more friendly since we're on one computer. Less/no death, ways to turn of vampires for one save file?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilitaRabbit
I'm also interested in this; especially anything that makes a single save file more friendly since we're on one computer. Less/no death, ways to turn of vampires for one save file?

I turned off emotional deaths using MCCC and none of my sims die outside of old age. It’s been a long time since I did it so I’ll check my settings when I get on my computer later for you.
I usually just delete the pre made vampires using the manager I never see more of them...usually.

FOR THE HORDE
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:10 PM
It's already a kids game though...
Also 12 is way too old not to know where babies come from.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:53 PM Last edited by EmilitaRabbit : 19th Feb 2018 at 9:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
It's already a kids game though...

It's actually rated T for teen, which is well above the general rating for 9 year olds (E) and even above the more permissive E-10+.

Thanks for the advice about the death, vampires, and woohoo! My kid's prone to nightmares so I really don't want to encourage those. To that end, I'd also like any info about how to remove aliens (does this work the same way as vampires?), and how to turn off mods for a specific save file (can I do this from the MCCC? I forget, and I can't check myself atm.)

Thanks@