Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 21
Test Subject
#151 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
sismik- I'm glad you like Jericho, thank you for commenting! If you wanted to translate Jericho into French it would be a very time-consuming project. You would need to download the CAW files from the first post, and change the world description, lot names, lot addresses, lot descriptions and each of the many, many readable plaques that are in the world. The only written Latin script in the world is Ayrton Senna's signature on a billboard- the rest is in Simlish font- so you wouldn't need to retexture, but still I think translation would be difficult to do! Are you planning to do this?

Garambola- Thanks for the great comment! I'm glad that you like it.

Yes, I think I would do it, at next holidays, I will have a loooooot of time to loose, more, it will improve my English :p.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#152 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:59 PM
I don't know if it's my computer, but I get the same error message every time I try to extract the file for Jerico...Error: file Corrupted or Incomplete.

I tried everything, but no good. And I really wanted to play this world! It looks wonderful!
Test Subject
#153 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:42 AM
It's an excellent map but the hospital won't show up. There's also nothing wrong with my Riverview installation as it shows up in it.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 2:11 AM Last edited by Crmelsimlover : 24th Jan 2012 at 3:37 AM.
I just downloaded this world today and I must say, it is absolutely stunning.

I did have a few lag issues but it certainly did not interfere with game play. However, I was missing the spa and the hospital, too. My Riverview installation is intact as well; both are where they should be.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Test Subject
#155 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by l8nytsimmer
I don't know if it's my computer, but I get the same error message every time I try to extract the file for Jerico...Error: file Corrupted or Incomplete.

I tried everything, but no good. And I really wanted to play this world! It looks wonderful!

I'm having the exact same issue, I've tried clearing my cache/downloads and redownloading but nothing seems to work. It looks amazing! I've been waiting for a decent neighbourhood with highrise... Bridgeport kills my computer - Not only that, I hate the commute from the other side of the bridge. If my Sims want a night on the town, they have to leave several hours before hand! Argh!
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:20 PM
Custom content is a big NO NO for me, sorry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 4:03 PM
I looooooooooove play in Jericho. :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:06 PM
Thank you for your nice comments, no3iz and Alan_Gast!

sismik- Wow, good on you! If you do try this, remember also that a lot of the tombs have TNS pop-ups which are in english, too. If you ever manage to complete this then I'd be most interested to see it, and if you send me a link then I could link to it from the main post, too.

l8nytsimmer- Remember that you have to download ALL of the 12 parts for the rar to work. Clear your browser caches before you try again. Did you also try the alternative download link? It's clearly labelled in the main overview post.

TicTac and Crmelsimlover- All I can suggest then is that you manually replace the rabbithole and Spa objects. I cannot reproduce this; it works fine for me here on three different installs of the game. Are your Riverview objects decrapified, by any chance? If so then that'll be the problem.

pdcp- Thanks for your nice comment, please try clearing your browser caches and redownloading all 12 parts of the RAR. If that fails, try the alternative download link in the first post.

Cyron- That's good then, as the only CC required for this is Riverview. The other resources are part of the world, and are not installed to your Mods or DCCache folders- and do not work for any world other than Jerico.

kaitlin- Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
Test Subject
#159 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:33 PM
Thank you for your nice comments, no3iz and Alan_Gast!

sismik- Wow, good on you! If you do try this, remember also that a lot of the tombs have TNS pop-ups which are in english, too. If you ever manage to complete this then I'd be most interested to see it, and if you send me a link then I could link to it from the main post, too.

Again Good Job! Next holidays are from February the Eleventh to Monday the twenty seven, I think i will have the time, please send me a private message with an e-mail, I will send you the progress of the translation! [
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:48 PM
Thanks sismik- if you just PM me on here, that would be best.
Field Researcher
#161 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 7:28 PM
Quote:
TicTac and Crmelsimlover- All I can suggest then is that you manually replace the rabbithole and Spa objects. I cannot reproduce this; it works fine for me here on three different installs of the game. Are your Riverview objects decrapified, by any chance? If so then that'll be the problem.

Actually, the download was 'decrapified' and I did already go ahead and replace the two. Played again after and was again blown away. I love how you show the beauty of the world when it's first entered. The decorating truly shows a true attention to detail.

Thanks for such a lovely world. It is one of the best I've played to date!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#162 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:02 PM
I've been playing this city for my current playthrough. This is without a doubt an amazing world, with quality rivalling, even exceeding EA's worlds. I'm still encountering hidden gems and fabulous houses and community lots. It's so detailed! This must be a work of love, and you must've taken the time to continually work on it. I've created worlds of my own, but I tend to run out of patience halfway through, and thus the latter buildings are far less detailed or inspired than the earlier ones. Thanks for letting us enjoy your work of love!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 9:39 PM
Hahaha I just noticed you added my recommended tomb list to this description, good call
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:04 PM
First off, nice work, and its asking me for a volume, i don't have any idea what that means, can someone help?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crmelsimlover
Actually, the download was 'decrapified'

Ah, in that case you'll be missing a lot more than just the rabbitholes. For example, I've used water towers from Riverview, as well as deco items like water troughs, windmills and the cow, both on lots and in-world. I would grab an uncrapified version of Riverview from the official site if I were you, as there will be an awful lot missing in your install. My rabbithole recolours will not work for decrapped Riverview, either. I'm glad you like it, though!
Edit: I added a note to the first page about Riverview. Thanks for drawing it to my attention!

BGatot- Thanks for the lovely comment! Yes, it did take a lot of time, I love building though so I never ran out of patience with it! I learned a lot, too.

scamander14- Yes, thank you for the idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 1:51 AM
Can I just say ILU for putting Rush lyrics at the beginning of this? <3333 (They're my fav band.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:25 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:37 AM
A-mazing! Thank you so much for sharing! Creators like you keep this game fun and interesting. Thanks again ^^
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:20 AM Last edited by Cyron : 25th Jan 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Cyron- That's good then, as the only CC required for this is Riverview. The other resources are part of the world, and are not installed to your Mods or DCCache folders- and do not work for any world other than Jerico.

Hi SimSample, thank you for the reply. Just to make sure, these resources will not show up in buy/build mode and not in the launcher? I once had a world with cc installed (Redcliffs). These objects showed up in buy/build and I wasn't able to uninstall them as long as the world was installed (package with dependencies bla bla).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#170 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:25 PM
Dont know if Im the only one with this issue, but there seems to be some texture troubles in my game.. in neighborhood view.. instead of terrain paints, i get some weird glitching happening.. but only in the 'farmy' bit of this world? I could post a screenshot if that'll help..?

Ive been playing another world of yours for a while, Shearwater I think.. smallish world etc, awesome.. no issues.. except for missing rabbitholes, but those are no trouble to replace. I have Riverview installed, so Im not really sure what could cause it.. if Im the only one with the issue, then its cool.. just wondering

thanks for the awesome world - you rock!
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 5:19 PM
Firstly thank you ever so for this world i don't usually download worlds but this one i really wanted to try i have only had it for a couple of hours and i have been playing it and enjoying it the freezing has started but that so be expected and doesn't phase me too much, i'm loving exploring it with and without my sim, its such a wonderful place and i can't wait to discover more about it

i seem to have ran into a small problem with the gaol tomb. i found the hidden door leading into the corridor before the dive pool room on your picture, but my sim is unable to walk down the corridor its is showing up as just a black floor and when i click the door on the opposite end he shouts at me and stomps his feet telling me he is unable to walk down it, i flicked the switch in the hole which didn't seem to do anything but terrify my sim with bugs. I read thru the comments to see if anyone else was having this issue but didn't see anything mentioned, is anyone else having this trouble or is there something i should have done that i have missed?

An Alien stole my lunch
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 5:42 PM
Thank you, TheLastGirlScout- I'm glad you like it!

Cyron- absolutely, you can check the world using Custard yourself. It will look like this as there is no CC contained within the Sims3pack to install, except for the world file itself and the thumbnail which is used by Launcher. Please read the first post for information about the resources contained within the world file and what they do; please make sure you also read the 'known issues' part as this contains information about texture overrides. I have used no CC except for Riverview and my custom resources in the making of this world.

tomkat- The rabbithole issue is most likely due to you having a decrapified version of Riverview, as previously mentioned in this thread. You should download an original version of Riverview from the store and install that, and start a new game. For the graphics glitches, yes- please link to an image, although this is most likely a graphical error due to hardware. What graphics card do you have and what settings are your in-game graphics set to?

seasons- Again, this is not due to Jericho, as the Sims3Pack contains no CC. Please check it with Custard as mentioned above to Cyron, to satisfy yourself of that. The Sims3Pack was tested by site moderators before uploading and again before being featured, and they would not have allowed a Sims3Pack with unlisted CC in it to be uploaded to this site.

Gemificus- I'm glad you like it! I'm experiencing no freezing in my game, please read the notes in the main post about diagnosing this and adjusting your in-game mods. For the tomb, is the door actually unlocked? The floor texture is quite dark, so it's possible that it looks black in the poorly lit corridor. There should be a TNS pop-up when you unlock the door.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#173 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 6:12 PM
Thank you Simsample. I'm downloading... :-)
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 6:56 PM
tomkat- The rabbithole issue is most likely due to you having a decrapified version of Riverview, as previously mentioned in this thread. You should download an original version of Riverview from the store and install that, and start a new game. For the graphics glitches, yes- please link to an image, although this is most likely a graphical error due to hardware. What graphics card do you have and what settings are your in-game graphics set to?

Thanks for the reply, here are some screens...

http://tinypic.com/r/30ic7ww/5
http://tinypic.com/r/dmrzgh/5
http://tinypic.com/r/28tbz87/5

the last two show the glitchy bit, first one is just how the rest looks (fine)
Just that odd brown block

As for my graphics:
NVidia GeForce GTS 450
Total graphics memory: 2303MB (1024 on card, 1279 system)

The game runs on the highest quality setting for sims and textures, and medium for everything else (shadows etc)

Well I know youre busy etc, so I dont expect you to troubleshoot this (thanks btw), I just mentioned it in case it was a common issue..(obviously not)

- i just blindly run all my downloads through the decrapifyer, but ill give Riverview a clean install as you suggested .. thanks

Always accept free coffee
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:56 PM
I LOVE this world! I always find myself going in a re-working the worlds because it's too bland or "ghetto". Jericho needs none of this! All I do is add a few trees here and there because I'm a tree and flower freak, lol. Your work is EXCEPTIONAL and I thank you immensely....... now if I can just get that mysterious cemetery figured out!
Page 7 of 21