Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I corrupted an apartment...is my neighborhood safe?
So I accidentally did a few things with build tools disabled while playing my family on an apartment with 3 other sim couples in the same complex. I demolished a wall by accident between a shared residence and now the game thinks the other family's apartment is PART OF MY OWN!!

I also saved it by accident. But now I exit the game, removed all families in the apartment to the bin, and demolished the house (via the bulldoze icon)....is my neighborhood safe?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:53 PM
Your neighborhood is fine. You corrupt neighborhoods by deleting Sims, not by messing with lots. If you have a clean copy of the apartment building in your lot bin, you can put it in the neighborhood, make the changes to it that you wanted to make, then move your families back in.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:54 PM
the Hood Checker program might be able to tell if your neighborhood is safe or not.

edit:: if you have a back up of the main lot and all sub-lots, you might be able to restore those files.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:07 PM
I've done it before when playing with cheats. If you move the family out and back in, the sublot should regenerate. You don't have to move them all out, just the one that you messed up.

If you have a backup, it is possible to selectively restore a lot. It's a little tricky to do though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:26 PM
Thank you so much guys...yeah i get so paranoid with TS2 sometimes. I am using clean lot templates and anti redundancy so hopefully that is giving my neighborhoods some extra protection against corruption