Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Can I delete an entire uni campus?
Okay, I've searched and can't find anything so here goes. I made my own town in Sims 2 then when I got university I used one of the maxis uni's. Then I made my own which turned out awful so I made a new one which I'm loving. However whenever I go to the university chooser I have all 3 uni's come up and I was just wondering if there's any way to get rid of them so I just have the one that I made? If I make any more I'll have more uni's than people that come from the town they're in
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 6:13 AM
Yes, you can delete any university neighborhood. But make sure that you move your sims out of the neighborhood when you delete. Either you send them back as adults to your original neighborhood, package the lot and install later or just transfer them (sims and houses) into the lot bin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 2:03 AM
So how do I actually delete the campus once I've moved all my sims? I can't seem to find a delete icon or anything anywhere? Thanks for the help.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 4:10 AM
First, make sure you're loaded on the University neighborhood you want to keep. This way you are sure you won't accidentally delete the neighborhood you want to keep.

Next select the neighborhood you want to delete, but do not load into that neigborhood. There will be a small icon (same icon when deleting custom contents, it looks like a folder with an arrow sign) somewhere near the menu where you select which university neighborhood you want to play. Click the icon and the game will ask you if you want to delete, select "yes".

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 8:55 PM
I've noticed that I can't delete a campus if it's the only one in that neighbourhood. When there are two or more universities, I can delete one of them with the icon at the right side of the dialog box, but when I only have one campus neighbourhood, there is no delete sign at all :/
Moderator of Aardvarks
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 5:05 PM
Okay, I did some messing around and I think I have found a solution for you. Please note, I did this in a newly created neighborhood made for this test. I therefore can not be sure on full implications to existing neighborhoods.
First: BACK UP YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
I cannot stress this enough, this could screw up your game, so don't yell at me if you didn't back up.
Okay, once you have installed a university, it will not allow you to delete all your universities. Everytime you are down to one campus, the delete option goes away.
Work around: Find the folder for the neighborhood that has the campus in it you want to delete, we will use N004.
Enter that folder and look for N004_University001.package or something like that. If you still have more than one campus installed, delete the others in the game until you are left with only one campus. Delete the N004_University001.package file, as well as the .png file of the same name. Restart your game, all your universities will be gone. I have not had any gameplay problems after doing this. New campuses installed fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 3:54 AM
Thanks guys. Dumb me decides to fiddle on own and finds the delete button. In total excitement deletes neighbourhood, uni and all maxis houses on the lots. So have done a reinstall and plan to ignore unwanted uni's for a while (blush). Thanks for the help. Will try this next time.