Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 4:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes while buying clothes or changing appearance
I went into this section about 4 pages and I didn't see anyone else having this problem. So I am sorry if it's been answered already. I have not downloaded anything newly hacked except (pay bills at box) hack since I bought University March 1. (And yes I tested my game with the hack and without, same result.)

I have about 1 GB of downloads (about 4500 +), and I have never had any problems. (I got rid of most of the non-compatible files through game play and usins SimPE.

Today I discovered that my game crashes when going to the mirror to change appearance and buying clothes. I am trying to figure out where to begin looking. What I'm saying is, what files does the game access to do both of these functions because I can do everything else.

I will admit that I didn't notice this in the other self-made neighborhood that I've tried or on the University campus. BUT in saying that, I have only changed appearance on University campus' not in the regular neighborhood where I experience the crash. Also, I only tried to do these things (several times) in this particular neighborhood, I have yet to test the others. [I'm going to go do that momentarily.]

But I wanted to go ahead and put the question out there before getting too extensive in my search, not out of laziness I promise. Just in case someone knows exactly what's going on.

The other hacks I have that I downloaded more recently are: Pay at Box, two jeff's Trips and Quads, merola's mind control mirror and the insimenator. The only one I actaully used and test was pay at box which I stated before. The others just sit in my downloads folder. all the other hacks, like the new menu options etc, have not caused any problems.

Someone please let me know if you know what files the game is accessing to go into buy mode (in game) and change appeance mode because it has to be the same thing. Thnaks a bunch.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 5:14 AM
I Am Having Problems With Women And Teen Girls Clothes, After Leaving, The Sims Go Home From Shopping To Change Clothes. The Everyday Clothes Won't Appear In The Dresser.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:03 AM
Sometimes you have to buy more than one outfit (in the same category (everyday) for it to work. Try to buy two everyday outfits for each age you are shopping for and see it they show up. That sometimes works for me.

-----------------

To my previous problem, I went to my other custom neighborhood, the one I play in the most and didn't have any problems changing appearance, buying clothes, or using the plastic surgery machine. So I was going to attribute it to that neighborhood (the other neighborhood I built). BUT... before I could go back and test another house in that neighborhood (the one with the problems)+, I went to Create a Family just to make sure... big mistake, they game crashed again. This is in the neighborhood I just tested fine.

I don't understand what's going on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:09 AM
This is my last post until I get a reply.

On a hunch I tried bodyshop and it crashed before it fully opened so I have a feeling it is all related. Anyone know what it could be?
Moderator of Aardvarks
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:19 AM
Ok....there seems to be some problems with clothing/genetics popping up recently. At this point, I am not sure if they are related to genetics/clothing or a hack. Do me a favor, move your entire Downloads folder and/or any and all customs (yes, all 4500+) to your Desktop and then test your game. It is only prudent to eliminate the possiblilty of it being any sort of Download, not just known hacks. Also, you said you discovered it today....when was the last time you had accessed Change Appearance, CAS, or Body Shop and it worked? Do you have any idea what things were downloaded in the interim? InSimenator and Pay at Box were both updated for the EP, iirc; make sure you have the updates. Last, have you run Clean Installer on your Downloads? It is great for spotting hacks that sneak in woth other things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:53 AM Last edited by j030977 : 25th Mar 2005 at 6:56 AM.
Thanks for the quick reponse, I just backed up my neighborhood so I could attempt to uninstall Bodyshop. Discovered that I cannot, it's not in my add/remove programs. hmm...

The last time I used bodyshop was a long time ago, same with CAS. Actually, I did go into Bodyshop the week I got the game to see the new young adult mannequin. It was fine. So I'm going to right now remove all the downloads and hacks I had in the game after March 1. If that doesn't work, I will take everything out and run a clean install.

ETA: (edited to add),I did make sure all the new hacks and download and recolors were EP ready.