Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 12:23 PM Last edited by sunstreamer : 26th Jun 2016 at 4:46 PM.
*FIXED* Sim is greyed out, "at home" but isn't actually home.
This is a game-breaking bug and I'm curious if others have experienced it and what the cause was. I'm pretty sure this has something to with one of the mods in my game. It usually happens after going to another screen, like one time where I went to design employee outfits and another time when I tried to modify my sim in cas (by cheats). When it went back to live mode, the bug had occurred. This could be an ea problem but I don't seem to hear many people complaining about so I'm pretty sure it's to do with one of my main mods. I figured I'd post here before doing mod tests (as it'd suck if I spend time taking mods in and out, playing the game and testing for the glitch if there's a simple fix here).

Mods I've recently downloaded include Turbo Careers, Get To College, Auto-Pause Pregnancy, etc. but it could be another mod that hasn't bugged out until now.

Photo of bug attached.

Oh, and resetsim doesn't work, it just says "can't find sim".

UPDATE: Turns out it was one of the DrChillgood mods, I'll keep the thread up in case anyone else has the same problem*.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 12:42 PM
Stop game. 50/50 methods for finding the problem mod.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 8:51 PM Last edited by winterwi : 31st Aug 2015 at 9:05 PM.
I have no DrChillgood mods installed and it keeps happening to me anytime I use testingcheats true and cas.fulleditmode to edit townies. once I edit editing a townie my family is all bugged out.

Mine was the no grade mod for children and teens. that let them stay home from school. Removed that and its all working again.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winterwi
Mine was the no grade mod for children and teens. that let them stay home from school. Removed that and its all working again.

That was what caused this problem for me also.
Smeg Head
#5 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 9:37 AM
With this no school mod, since last patch, yes it will break the game as described here, But also, any children or teens who were kept out of school via the low grade system will have also had their family tree connections with their parents broken. They will have been given a Mysterious Stranger as their parent. There is no way to fix the broken family tree unless you save family to your library via Cas, remove/delete old family from game, and place library version of family in world as a new family. That should mend the broken family tree.

Any children/teens that were going to school normally due to high grades, will not have had their family tree broken.