Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 5:21 PM
Default sorry to ask
hi you guys i'm sorry to ask but anyone who hasn't played in a while or doesn't play sims 3 anymore and has generations can i please have it.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:42 PM
Can I have an arm and a lim in return please?
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 10:55 PM
Sounds like you, uh, uh, ahhh, don't have the power, mate.

Anyway , groveler, if you're looking for a handout go burden the People's Republic Of Canada with your chaff.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:21 PM
You know, there *are* people who might be willing to give a perfect stranger a game just because they asked. Stranger things have happened. Personally - if I had Generations I'd probably give it to the OP since I haven't loaded TS3 in a long, long time. (But I DON'T have it!)

So, you know, keep that in mind. And kudos to the OP for having the balls to ask in the first place.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You know, there *are* people who might be willing to give a perfect stranger a game just because they asked. Stranger things have happened. Personally - if I had Generations I'd probably give it to the OP since I haven't loaded TS3 in a long, long time. (But I DON'T have it!)

So, you know, keep that in mind. And kudos to the OP for having the balls to ask in the first place.
well, i wish there were more people out there who are like you and i am a girl but i wish i had balls..lol i went to far
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 12:08 AM
Well, at least you Have The Power.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 12:22 AM
It's not been my most used exp, but I have a full set, not counting anything pink, but it all depends on the price. I don't do charity I'm afraid.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 1:52 AM
It's less than $20 on Amazon. The version I have, I got on Origin and I play it, so that won't work.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimHasThePower
hi you guys i'm sorry to ask but anyone who hasn't played in a while or doesn't play sims 3 anymore and has generations can i please have it.

In all honesty, even if somebody did want to share the game with you, Origin makes it impossible, because in order to use an expansion pack it has to be on the Origin account that you are logged into. I had to combine my two accounts (I got one automatically because I had registered games on the official site, before I knew I had it, I had made an account for Origin with different games I purchased through them). You can't play even if the expansion pack is installed on your computer.

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 5:13 AM
My granddad told me that this used to be a thing. People exchanging games and books when not using them anymore. Apparently those books were like made out of paper and you didn't need to make an account somewhere to be able to read them. And they had this specialized furniture called A Bookcase (not sure about spelling and sry for not adding wikipedia link) to store paper books in. And games came in boxes as big as cereal boxes and you could borrow them from other people without getting angry letters from lawyers trying to stop you from sharing your games.

But he is confused sometimes, so I am not sure if this is true.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
My granddad told me that this used to be a thing. People exchanging games and books when not using them anymore. Apparently those books were like made out of paper and you didn't need to make an account somewhere to be able to read them. And they had this specialized furniture called A Bookcase (not sure about spelling and sry for not adding wikipedia link) to store paper books in. And games came in boxes as big as cereal boxes and you could borrow them from other people without getting angry letters from lawyers trying to stop you from sharing your games.

But he is confused sometimes, so I am not sure if this is true.

Oh! So that's what that funny looking piece of furniture to my left is? A bookcase?!? And those strange paper things with pretty (or not so pretty, depending on genre) pictures on the front of them are books? That stack of weird boxes in the back room full of cards and plastic pieces are games?!? No electronics or any type of hardware needed to play them? (That explains why putting one of the cards in the disc drive got me nowhere....)

Granddad was right!
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
People exchanging games and books when not using them anymore.

Get real. Only Communists do that.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
dodgy builder
#16 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot

You must be from the US, they are the only ones talking like that about communists. Heritage from the hoover era I guess.

... but yes, when games came on cassettes, why shouldn't I share them like I did with books. Something has changed.
Alchemist
#17 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot

Isn't the world of sims a big whole communist world when you think about it? A wedding photographer and a surgeon gets about the same wage
dodgy builder
#19 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 8:32 AM
A wedding photographer is probably paid according to what the pictures look like ... and I guess the same applies to surgeons.