Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Sep 2019 at 10:57 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Why pink windows?
Why won't windows and doors show the correct colour in my game. Its not really bothered me much before, but since I am planning to upload a house I have been building I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do about it. Here's what I mean.

You see? Those windows and the door should be white. Yet they show up as a rather non-descript pink or, at night, a purplish grey. If I put the cursor over them they show up as I want them. Thus:

I have got the graphics settings (textures + lighting and shadows) up as high as possible but it makes no difference. Is there anything I do to fix this?

P.S. I am running the game on a laptop which has an integrated graphics card.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:56 PM
Could this be a trick of the light and/or an effect from a lighting mod?
What time is it in your game when you try to build? Maybe try to go in live mode and see if the colours show up correctly when it's 11-12 am?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:09 PM
If you don't have a lighting mod, then it could depend upon the world where you are building. Each of the EA worlds- and some custom worlds- have varied lighting parameters. Perhaps try in a world that uses standard lighting- Sunset Valley or Riverview, for example, and at midday.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:11 PM
I'm stupid, of course, it never occurred to me to think of the time of day! I have been building this thing in Bigger Builder's Island, where of course time doesn't pass because I'm never in live mode. I just moved a family in there so that I could go live, and thus determined that it is 8.00 a.m. So, 'rosey fingered Dawn' (as Homer would say) is to blame. I let time pass till around 11, when all the windows and doors looked a nice off white colour, which I can live with. I had of course noticed before that things look a different colour depending on the time of day, but like I said I'm stupid.

I'm thinking screenshots here, by the way, to accompany the upload, so I wanted them to look right.

This project is nearing completion, so its about time I tried it out 'on location'. But in future I shall see if I can't set up a special save of 'BBI' where it is always mid-day. Thanks Blyss & simsample for your help.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:49 AM
@Elynda I understand what it's like to be getting your first upload ready, since it involves many moving pieces all coming together. You are free (even encouraged) to use the Creator Feedback Forum. If you do not want to use it, and it is kind of scary to put yourself out there like that, though I assure you the posters are VERY nice, feel free to PM me with any and all questions. Another creator made me the same offer, once upon a time, and I am more than happy to pay it forward. Best of luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Elynda : 27th Aug 2016 at 3:07 AM.
@attuned

Thankyou for the offer, which it is very likely I will take you up on. I certainly have a lot of questions about the whole uploading process which seems very confusing, and that is what has put me off in the past. But I had always planned, when I could produce something worthy, to do so at some point. Over the years I've been a member of MTS I have recieved so much help and a advice from so many people that I feel it is high time I contributed something, and that I owe it to all those people to do the very best job I can with it. I don't know whether this effort will measure up to the quality I've come to expect here, I can just do my best. Again, thankyou.